Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That second half was as bad as the first half was good 16:57 - Jan 11 with 2557 viewsIllinoisblue

Funny old game. Judge was excellent. Norwood currently needing six chances to score one. Accrington woeful until they made their subs. Slap a 25m price tag on Wolf right now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:04 - Jan 11 with 2094 viewsnoggin

Norwood needs to stop being so selfish. Great that he wants to score but when there are options, he should use them.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:07 - Jan 11 with 2055 viewsDanTheMan

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:04 - Jan 11 by noggin

Norwood needs to stop being so selfish. Great that he wants to score but when there are options, he should use them.

That's the most disappointing thing for me, gets himself into a great position with an easy pass then goes for it by himself.

At least he scored though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:09 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewsSwansea_Blue

Before he signed, I pretty sure we were warned Norwood usually needs a few sighters before finding the target.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:11 - Jan 11 with 1981 viewsfooters

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:09 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

Before he signed, I pretty sure we were warned Norwood usually needs a few sighters before finding the target.

Aye. That and he has hot and cold streaks. Oh and the social media bantz too, of course.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:20 - Jan 11 with 1867 viewsHerbivore

Thought Judge was decent rather than excellent. Glad he got a goal but made a lot of bad decisions in possession. I thought Huws ran ting until he went off and the ball for Norwood's goal from his weaker foot was pure quality. Jackson was a massive handful all game. Chambers was superb and got forward well which you need if you play three at the back. Woolf was class too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:27 - Jan 11 with 1808 viewsJDB23

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:20 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

Thought Judge was decent rather than excellent. Glad he got a goal but made a lot of bad decisions in possession. I thought Huws ran ting until he went off and the ball for Norwood's goal from his weaker foot was pure quality. Jackson was a massive handful all game. Chambers was superb and got forward well which you need if you play three at the back. Woolf was class too.

Huws was MOTM for me, absolutely dominated that midfield. Best display he's put in for a while and actually looks fit now, should be starting alongside Downes every game from this point.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:30 - Jan 11 with 1773 viewsWallingford_Boy

Like the entire side confidence is low for Norwood, Jackson hadn't scored in a million games before today, but unlike Jackson, Norwood is a proper forward. He'll always score goals, harsh to knock him especially having had a spell out injured.

RIP Sir Bobby

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:32 - Jan 11 with 1757 viewsHerbivore

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:27 - Jan 11 by JDB23

Huws was MOTM for me, absolutely dominated that midfield. Best display he's put in for a while and actually looks fit now, should be starting alongside Downes every game from this point.

He totally bossed it. He can jog about the midfield and still dominate it, he's that good. Played himself into a regular start today for me.

Login to get fewer ads

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:33 - Jan 11 with 1744 viewsGeoffSentence

Come off it, the second half wasnt that bad. It wasnt as good as the first half but we were still completely on top until the three best performers from the early part of the game were taken off.

Judge was MOM for me, ran the show.
Huws was close behind.
Jackson was really good as well, especially in the first half.

What was going on with the centre backs? Chambers kept surging into their penalty area, great to see but not someething I have seen much of before.

Shame Nors was so wasteful in front of goal, it could have been five or siz before half time.

All in all a thoroughly decent afternoon, and nice to finish it off y walking the steps in the Sir Alf without the away fans and team celebrating in front of my nose.

Uppa Towen!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:33 - Jan 11 with 1737 viewsHerbivore

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:30 - Jan 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Like the entire side confidence is low for Norwood, Jackson hadn't scored in a million games before today, but unlike Jackson, Norwood is a proper forward. He'll always score goals, harsh to knock him especially having had a spell out injured.

Jackson has been much more use than Norwood all season imo. They both got a goal today and both would have got another one each if Norwood had just a fraction more quality.

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:35 - Jan 11 with 1725 viewsGeoffSentence

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:33 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

Jackson has been much more use than Norwood all season imo. They both got a goal today and both would have got another one each if Norwood had just a fraction more quality.

Norwood ahould have had two more, couple of sitters in the first half.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:37 - Jan 11 with 1691 viewsHerbivore

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:35 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Norwood ahould have had two more, couple of sitters in the first half.

Yep, set up by Jackson at least once for a tap in. Second half he could have rolled it across to Jackson for a tap in bust hesitated and his shot/cross was blocked.

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 1654 viewsbefxblue

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:27 - Jan 11 by JDB23

Agree with Huws MOM, no coincidence that the only time Accrington seemed any threat was when he was hooked. Judge a close second, good to see a dominant midfield performance.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 1644 viewsHerbivore

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:33 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Come off it, the second half wasnt that bad. It wasnt as good as the first half but we were still completely on top until the three best performers from the early part of the game were taken off.

Huws was close behind.

What was going on with the centre backs? Chambers kept surging into their penalty area, great to see but not someething I have seen much of before.

Shame Nors was so wasteful in front of goal, it could have been five or siz before half time.

All in all a thoroughly decent afternoon, and nice to finish it off y walking the steps in the Sir Alf without the away fans and team celebrating in front of my nose.

Uppa Towen!

Can't agree with Judge MOM, thought he was wasteful in good positions at times. Played well though. I thought Huws, Jackson, Chambers and Woolfy all had better games. Possibly Garbs and Edwards as well, they were both very good for the most part.

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:48 - Jan 11 with 1571 viewsIllinoisblue

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:33 - Jan 11 by GeoffSentence

Huws was close behind.

Uppa Towen!

On reflection I was a little OTT. Come on you Blues. Nice to be bickering after a 4—1 win!!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:51 - Jan 11 with 1550 viewsBloomBlue

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:40 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

Can't agree with Judge MOM, thought he was wasteful in good positions at times. Played well though. I thought Huws, Jackson, Chambers and Woolfy all had better games. Possibly Garbs and Edwards as well, they were both very good for the most part.

Edwards was MotM for me, defended well and was constantly driving forward and putting in some excellent crosses.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:08 - Jan 11 with 1479 viewsunstableblue

Come on Illinois a scrappy 1-0 would have had merit today to stop the rot.

Now let’s take this into Oxford who will a whole different ball game!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:08 - Jan 11 with 1478 viewsEastTownBlue

You never usually get to see and second half that matches a dominant first half such as that. The job was mostly done with another match to come on Tuesday.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:12 - Jan 11 with 1451 viewsDubtractor

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:30 - Jan 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Not sure what your problem with Jackson is. Him and Huws were the best 2 players on the pitch today.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:16 - Jan 11 with 1424 viewsfooters

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:12 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Not sure what your problem with Jackson is. Him and Huws were the best 2 players on the pitch today.

He's also probably been our best forward this season, no? He gets a lot of stick for some reason.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 1422 viewsPecker

Southampton lost 9-0 at home a few months ago, then beat the same team away 2-1 today. Funny old game indeed.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:24 - Jan 11 with 1386 viewsChrisd

Very true, but the game was won at half time. It's difficult to keep going the way we were and Accrington were never going to be as bad as they were in the first half. A couple of bits, Wilson and Chambers launch the ball far too much, their first instinct is to put their foot through it, so invariably it just gets hammered high and long which isn't conducive to playing football, felt for Bishop when he came on. Also, I thought PL's substitutions were good and well timed. Perhaps Dozzell instead of Skuse? However, that's me being picky. Huws looking better by the game. Norris just doesn't feel me with the greatest confidence, he lacks presence for me. Nevertheless, I'll take the 3 points and a very encouraging first half display.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 18:48]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:29 - Jan 11 with 1358 viewsChrisd

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 17:40 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

Herbivore, I've come to the conclusion that you just don't like Judge from reading your posts so it really doesn't matter what the guy does you won't ever be happy with his performance. Judge played well today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:29 - Jan 11 with 1357 viewsJDB23

That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:12 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Yeah I have someone near me who slates Jackson all game long every game any time he isn't perfect but doesn't say a peep when he shows quality. Shouts at fans when they boo the team though, strange people.
That second half was as bad as the first half was good on 18:41 - Jan 11 with 1289 viewshadleighboyblue

Huws was close behind.

Uppa Towen!

The midfield trio of Judge , Huws and Downes were superb …...please stick with that set up .

Judge was MOTM for me , but the whole midfield played great , the 2 up front ran their socks off .

Please keep the same team for Tuesday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024