Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? 17:42 - Jan 11 with 960 viewsRyorry

In terms of both performance and result, if you were there.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 950 viewsHerbivore

In terms of result, the main improvement was that we won.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 17:45 - Jan 11 with 942 viewspointofblue

- Huws and Judge matched their promise with performances
- Our centre backs, particularly Chambers and, at times, Woolfenden pushed forward which gave us an actual dynamic from the back
- Edwards and Garbutt turned the screw from wing back positions; with Jackson in particular also drifting wide we stretched Accrington
- The service to the front two was excellent in the first half

My concern is we were strong because Accrington didn't have much in way of width - how will we do against sides who do?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 918 viewsIllinoisblue

Accrington being awful helped. That said, our intensity in the first half was non stop

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 17:59 - Jan 11 with 877 viewsJDB23

We just had much more energy and desire to close down and win possession. Huws was immense and was always trying to look to move us forward, done a great job breaking up play too. Think Accrington's style helped us a bit as well, they aren't the stereotypical sh!thouse hoofball league 1 team and we seemed to deal with that a lot better.
So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 18:02 - Jan 11 with 855 viewsSarge

1) players were really up for it, worked hard and no silly mistakes from the defence which has been our biggest issue this year
2) formation suited the players, always someone in space/making runs and the creativity was there to make it happen
3) Woolfenden. What a player.
4) Accrington are really really really poor. Genuinely I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team that bad in the 14 years I’ve been going. How they were on a good run I’ve no idea, how they’re in League One I’ve no idea.
So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 807 viewsRomeo4

Our best available players playing in their best positions. Continuity of selection (finally). Lambert looked animated on the sideline for the first time in weeks. Edwards, Judge, Huws, Chambo all having their best games this season. The Wolf was immense. And add to that a Stanley side who allowed so much space in behind and just played completely in to our hands.

Enjoy today. We’ve needed that kind of result & performance for a while.

Pick same team at Oxford please Mr Lambert.
So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 19:16 - Jan 11 with 706 viewsBluefish

Players in the correct positions
A balanced team shape
Huws
Accrington were atrocious
Norwood
Continuity of team

The biggest factor is the way the lines flow though, too many times this season we are unbalanced and leave an enormous gap between the lines. The shape was right today

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So, what was/were the key/s to our improvement today? on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 659 viewsAlexwaddell

First time in years there were 2 of our players chasing, harrying for every second ball and that made all the difference. They all played with a real intensity in the first half...oh and round pegs in round holes. Hats off to Chambo and Woolfy with pressing from the back.

Poll: What was today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024