Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty rude that from PL... 18:49 - Jan 11 with 2565 viewsSwailsey

We don’t want you to fail. We just want a team to play with cohesion and win, which is what we did today.

Fantastic performance first half, with clear directions given to how the CBs should play. I’m guessing that’s not a system though, it’s tactics...

C’mon Paul. Meet people halfway. We want you to do well, you just haven’t been. Today was wonderful (save for the last 20 minutes).

Oh and please go one presser without mentioning playing in Germany.

Added a slightly sour tone for me.

Very happy with the win and the unchanged side (coincidence?) though and long may it continue.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:51 - Jan 11 with 1997 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He’s got form for this with the media, did it at Villa and Norwich.

If we keep winning good, but I can’t stand the bloke.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:52 - Jan 11 with 1974 viewsHerbivore

Dickheads gonna dickhead I guess. There's no need for him to be so salty when he's been well supported despite doing a pretty poor job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:54 - Jan 11 with 1956 viewsTown_Boy

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:52 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

Dickheads gonna dickhead I guess. There's no need for him to be so salty when he's been well supported despite doing a pretty poor job.

Acting as if we’ve won the past 10 games..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:58 - Jan 11 with 1914 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:51 - Jan 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

He’s got form for this with the media, did it at Villa and Norwich.

If we keep winning good, but I can’t stand the bloke.

So, as you can't stand the bloke, you want him to fail?

Of course, the OP may criticise him without wanting him to fail, I suspect there are those (whether they call themselves ITFC fans or not) who would love him to fail. I am sure there are plenty of opposition fans who would like him to.

He has got plenty wrong but he has also got enough right to have us in a decent position. Whether we like his pressers and his history or not, let's at least give the guy a proper chance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:59 - Jan 11 with 1906 viewsm14_blue

I’m at a loss as to why he’s so surprised about the criticism. We were/are one of the favourites to go up and we’ve just gone 12 games without a win. Every manager, at every club in the country would be under pressure.

This isn’t like Mick taking abuse despite us marginally outperforming expectations, the flak PL has received has been entirely proportionate in my mind.

I like him and am desperate for him to succeed but he could do with shedding the chip on the shoulder for all our sakes.
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:02 - Jan 11 with 1873 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 18:58 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of course, the OP may criticise him without wanting him to fail, I suspect there are those (whether they call themselves ITFC fans or not) who would love him to fail. I am sure there are plenty of opposition fans who would like him to.

He has got plenty wrong but he has also got enough right to have us in a decent position. Whether we like his pressers and his history or not, let's at least give the guy a proper chance.

Sorry I don’t understand your post ??

Was that meant to be a reply to me

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:13 - Jan 11 with 1776 viewsSarge

Technically I don’t think he’s wrong. That whackjob Jenny is pretty keen for him to fail I’m sure. Few other worms been emerging from the woodwork in recent times too.
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 1751 viewsSwailsey

Eh?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:21 - Jan 11 with 1711 viewspelles321

Like was suggested, I took the comments as being aimed at the media rather than the supporters.

Although some of the abuse I’ve heard from supporters towards players and Lambert over the last few weeks has been pretty disgusting. It may be the minority but it’s been clearly audible at recent away games.
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 1683 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:21 - Jan 11 by pelles321

Like was suggested, I took the comments as being aimed at the media rather than the supporters.

Although some of the abuse I’ve heard from supporters towards players and Lambert over the last few weeks has been pretty disgusting. It may be the minority but it’s been clearly audible at recent away games.

It’s been minimal criticism... pretty fair imo. On Lambert that is, some of the player abuse has been uncalled for.

As for the journos, PL has the ability to take a perfectly fair question and make it sound like an attack on him. We went ages without a win and they asked questions about this, he just didn’t like it.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:29 - Jan 11 with 1642 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:17 - Jan 11 by Swailsey

Eh?

Just because you may have criticised it doesn't mean he is aiming the "wanting him to fail" at you.

It is quite clear that some have been all too ready to jump at criticising him. That would suggest that they would want him to fail. Presumably people who "hate the bloke" will want him to fail (although if he succeeds that might be mitigated against by the club succeeding if he does succeed).

Those outside the fanbase which includes the media and opposition fans may well rather he failed and it was a bigger story and sold more papers or hits.

As I said, the bloke has got some things right and some things wrong. We are in a decent position. We can pull together and give him a chance as ME clearly is or we can try to drive him out of the club because we don't like him. I know which is going to stand more chance of long term success.

If you and the other poster can't get that sobeit. If you could still find it within yourselves to actually give him a chance after he has just won a game because of something you didn't like in his presser then that is sad.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:30 - Jan 11 with 1626 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert has obviously made some mistakes and he isn't free of criticism.

However there are number of morons particularly on this forum where you can clearly see that they love to abuse him at every opportunity. They'll be in their usual 'activity' if we lose to Oxford on Tuesday. Of course he deserves a criticism but he is right too at what he's saying.

At least he doesn't insult fans at every opportunity like mccarthy did. His todays 'outburst' is nowhere as laughable as number of mccarthys hysterias. Burton away for example after Celina's winner.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 19:31]
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:32 - Jan 11 with 1613 viewsSwailsey

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:29 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Just because you may have criticised it doesn't mean he is aiming the "wanting him to fail" at you.

It is quite clear that some have been all too ready to jump at criticising him. That would suggest that they would want him to fail. Presumably people who "hate the bloke" will want him to fail (although if he succeeds that might be mitigated against by the club succeeding if he does succeed).

Those outside the fanbase which includes the media and opposition fans may well rather he failed and it was a bigger story and sold more papers or hits.

As I said, the bloke has got some things right and some things wrong. We are in a decent position. We can pull together and give him a chance as ME clearly is or we can try to drive him out of the club because we don't like him. I know which is going to stand more chance of long term success.

If you and the other poster can't get that sobeit. If you could still find it within yourselves to actually give him a chance after he has just won a game because of something you didn't like in his presser then that is sad.

Who says I’m not giving him a chance? My post suggests the opposite in fact, you’re making assumptions. I also highly doubt his comment was directed towards former fans, former players or the guy who bullied him in year 9.

I go every week, I support the team. I love my team. I clapped PL off today. I don’t tweet abuse at the club and I make structured arguments on here. I can sleep at night.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:32 - Jan 11 with 1612 viewsbrogansnose

Agreeing with you on that Swailsey. I've just got home to read that and I'm thinking where the hell did that come from ? No need to be snipey and add a sour tone after todays performance because it'll go down the end days of Mick road.

Well done Paul and the team, was good today from everyone.
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:32 - Jan 11 with 1613 viewsjas0999

All seems very bizarre to me. Great result today- superb first half performance.

Not sure why he needs to keep saying this stuff at press conferences. No win in twelve wasn’t good enough.
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:35 - Jan 11 with 1586 viewsSwailsey

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:32 - Jan 11 by brogansnose

Agreeing with you on that Swailsey. I've just got home to read that and I'm thinking where the hell did that come from ? No need to be snipey and add a sour tone after todays performance because it'll go down the end days of Mick road.

Well done Paul and the team, was good today from everyone.

As an aside, every time you call me ‘Swailsey’ it makes me happy. Thanks.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 1557 viewspelles321

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:24 - Jan 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

It’s been minimal criticism... pretty fair imo. On Lambert that is, some of the player abuse has been uncalled for.

As for the journos, PL has the ability to take a perfectly fair question and make it sound like an attack on him. We went ages without a win and they asked questions about this, he just didn’t like it.

At the Lincoln game, before kick-off as Lambert walked to the dugout some fans behind me were shouting at him calling him a ‘c***t’ who needs to ‘f**k off back to the rock he crawled out of’. We hadn’t even kicked off. So imagine what was said as the game progressed. At the Wycombe game I thought we did ok, but still clear abuse heard towards Lambert and the players when they came over at full time. It’s that I was objecting to as whilst I said it was a minority, it’s hardly helpful.

I’m sure there are some supporters who are happiest when they are complaining!
Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 1551 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:30 - Jan 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

However there are number of morons particularly on this forum where you can clearly see that they love to abuse him at every opportunity. They'll be in their usual 'activity' if we lose to Oxford on Tuesday. Of course he deserves a criticism but he is right too at what he's saying.

At least he doesn't insult fans at every opportunity like mccarthy did. His todays 'outburst' is nowhere as laughable as number of mccarthys hysterias. Burton away for example after Celina's winner.

I think the thing is we probably don't get to see the half of it.

The posters on here appear to have immediately jumped at the idea he is directing the phrase at them and feel the need to defend themselves. Is that because they have said some criticism on the forum or because they have chanted "Lambert out" at games since last January (wasn't there a thread on here started last January along those lines?)?

Maybe Lambert has received personal abuse in some form, maybe he has fielded questions from the press that we haven't entirely taken the tone of? I suspect there are canary fans who have made contact with him when things haven't gone well.

Some of the things directed at people in football are ridiculous. This whole jumping at something Lambert said in a presser seems far too reminiscent of the beginnings of division with MM. Now that is the past but please let's not repeat the past in driving a wedge between manager and fans by jumping on every little comment.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:40 - Jan 11 with 1548 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:30 - Jan 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Mick has gone mate.... and still he is living rent free inside your head.

As for Lambert being right.. which bit did he get right in that presser ?

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 1536 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:29 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Complete rubbish.

I don’t like PL but I don’t want him to lose games, I don’t want ipswich to lose games, I want us to get out of this league ASAP. Doesn’t mean I have to like the guy.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:42 - Jan 11 with 1521 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:39 - Jan 11 by pelles321

At the Lincoln game, before kick-off as Lambert walked to the dugout some fans behind me were shouting at him calling him a ‘c***t’ who needs to ‘f**k off back to the rock he crawled out of’. We hadn’t even kicked off. So imagine what was said as the game progressed. At the Wycombe game I thought we did ok, but still clear abuse heard towards Lambert and the players when they came over at full time. It’s that I was objecting to as whilst I said it was a minority, it’s hardly helpful.

I didn’t hear any criticism at Wycombe. The reception was really good

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 1506 viewsBackToRussia

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:39 - Jan 11 by pelles321

The thing is, that's football.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 1503 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:32 - Jan 11 by Swailsey

Who says I’m not giving him a chance? My post suggests the opposite in fact, you’re making assumptions. I also highly doubt his comment was directed towards former fans, former players or the guy who bullied him in year 9.

I go every week, I support the team. I love my team. I clapped PL off today. I don’t tweet abuse at the club and I make structured arguments on here. I can sleep at night.

Fair enough. The reason I believed you thought it was directed at you was because you phrased everything as "we". Not sure how you can speak for those you think it is aimed at if you don't believe you are one of them.

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:44 - Jan 11 with 1499 viewsartsbossbeard

Why bother to get het up about the utterance in a press conference?

It's the mark of a numbskull or someone who lives on a big village green.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:45 - Jan 11 with 1482 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty rude that from PL... on 19:43 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough. The reason I believed you thought it was directed at you was because you phrased everything as "we". Not sure how you can speak for those you think it is aimed at if you don't believe you are one of them.

If ‘we’ keep winning as in Ipswich town football club ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024