Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? 19:48 - Jan 11 with 1216 viewsartsbossbeard

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 21:15 - Jan 11 with 1116 viewsGuthrum

By the sounds of that, you're not even playing against other teams, just an endless string of practice games against other members of the same club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 22:03 - Jan 11 with 1061 viewsMelford

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 21:15 - Jan 11 by Guthrum

By the sounds of that, you're not even playing against other teams, just an endless string of practice games against other members of the same club.

That's even more mental, not even a team in a league/something like SoccerSixes. Pretty much what I do on a Thursday, 10 of us turn up and split into 2 teams of five and play for an hour. We don't even have bibs, no captains and some weeks I'm the only keeper. All those rules for what is basically a kickabout is insane.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 13:44 - Jan 14 with 839 viewsFunge

I sent this round my lot (thinking it was a wind-up) - it's definitely not.

Mate of a mate (who I met on a stag) plays for them; the manager is just as mental as this thread suggests.
Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 14:05 - Jan 14 with 809 viewsbluelagos

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 13:44 - Jan 14 by Funge

Mate of a mate (who I met on a stag) plays for them; the manager is just as mental as this thread suggests.

Am so tempted to join. Just to see if I can break him. (The manager, not your mate)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 14:10 - Jan 14 with 795 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 13:44 - Jan 14 by Funge

Why doesn't he play with a normal set of people?!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 14:12 - Jan 14 with 791 viewsRobTheMonk

About 12 years back I used to play Friday evenings where you only knew about 3 people initially as everyone was a friend of a friend. Used to be about 8 a side.

One week there was this lad just playing by himself kicking the ball near the astro. We were one person down so I asked if he wanted to play for us. He barely spoke a word of English but he was called Fad and was from Iraq. He was probably mid to late teens. It still stays with me the joy on his face when I asked him if he wanted to play with us. He loved the no-look Ronaldinhio pass as well.

Football can be such a universal language.
Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 15:00 - Jan 14 with 754 viewsFunge

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 14:10 - Jan 14 by BackToRussia

Why doesn't he play with a normal set of people?!

I honestly dont know.

So check it, this is from the team Whatsapp

Afternoon Members,

Fixture 15/Wk51 - QF8
REDS 14 -10 BLUES
SteveT hangs AaronP, out to dry.
MOM - SavaM, Quality.

Another "quality" game of footie down at the Power League last night scored a very respectable QF8. Unfortunaltely for Blues, the young AaronP failed to step up to the plate and stuggled to keep his two RGSs YagoP and AndyH inline defensively. Yago's M2M tactical blunders conceeding 3 goals while his technically gifted RGS mate AndyH cost Blues at least 2. The quality of the football as WSFC these days is such that conceding 5 silly goals to tactical positional blunders will cost you the game. Especially so when the highly talented DanS is on the prowl. This offensive footballer is back in the fold and hot favourite to take MickJ's crown off him during the first 17 week session of 2020 . If he is crowned "King of WSFC" in May he'll be off on a long weekend to Barcelona in June. What I like about this gifted footballer is he listens and learns. His 3 first half goals were cancelled out by his 3 M2M defensive positional errors. No such mistakes in the second half, him and SavaM stole the show.

AaronP loses his little "c." He'll get another go next year once he's learned this most important side of the Tactical game - Communication.

Meanwhile, SteveT's knocked MickyP of his fckn perch and sits top of the 2019 WSFC Christmas tree, and you can print that.

Merry Christmas folks,
Hope to see some of you at the xmas party and MickyJ Player of the Year ceremony on Monday 30th December. It’s a 6pm KO, nothing fancy, a few sandwiches and your first pint on Nabby Keita. I’ll be in touch on Boxing Day.

EDIT - apparently messages of this ilk are a daily occurrence. Reckon this bloke might have Alan Partridge's face tattooed on his chest.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 15:02]
Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 715 viewsGeoffSentence

Farkin heck.

My five-a-side buddies struggle to get ten together every week without banning all and sundry.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 16:08 - Jan 14 with 673 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone want a game a 5-a-side next week? on 15:00 - Jan 14 by Funge

I honestly dont know.

So check it, this is from the team Whatsapp

Afternoon Members,

Fixture 15/Wk51 - QF8
REDS 14 -10 BLUES
SteveT hangs AaronP, out to dry.
MOM - SavaM, Quality.

Another "quality" game of footie down at the Power League last night scored a very respectable QF8. Unfortunaltely for Blues, the young AaronP failed to step up to the plate and stuggled to keep his two RGSs YagoP and AndyH inline defensively. Yago's M2M tactical blunders conceeding 3 goals while his technically gifted RGS mate AndyH cost Blues at least 2. The quality of the football as WSFC these days is such that conceding 5 silly goals to tactical positional blunders will cost you the game. Especially so when the highly talented DanS is on the prowl. This offensive footballer is back in the fold and hot favourite to take MickJ's crown off him during the first 17 week session of 2020 . If he is crowned "King of WSFC" in May he'll be off on a long weekend to Barcelona in June. What I like about this gifted footballer is he listens and learns. His 3 first half goals were cancelled out by his 3 M2M defensive positional errors. No such mistakes in the second half, him and SavaM stole the show.

AaronP loses his little "c." He'll get another go next year once he's learned this most important side of the Tactical game - Communication.

Meanwhile, SteveT's knocked MickyP of his fckn perch and sits top of the 2019 WSFC Christmas tree, and you can print that.

Merry Christmas folks,
Hope to see some of you at the xmas party and MickyJ Player of the Year ceremony on Monday 30th December. It’s a 6pm KO, nothing fancy, a few sandwiches and your first pint on Nabby Keita. I’ll be in touch on Boxing Day.

EDIT - apparently messages of this ilk are a daily occurrence. Reckon this bloke might have Alan Partridge's face tattooed on his chest.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 15:02]

Good fooking grief. It's like a football cult of some sort.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024