Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same team Tuesday please, Paul. 09:39 - Jan 12 with 1520 viewshoppy

Thank you in advance.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 1507 viewsBluefish

Hopefully marcus will put another call in

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:10 - Jan 12 with 1461 viewsstrikalite

That'll be the same starting eleven three games running, maybe he's got the message at last, don't fix it if it isn't broken..

He simply has too many choices really...
Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:19 - Jan 12 with 1443 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:10 - Jan 12 by strikalite

That'll be the same starting eleven three games running, maybe he's got the message at last, don't fix it if it isn't broken..

He simply has too many choices really...

I don't think he does have too many choices, most of the first XI picks itself.

Need to stick wih a consistent team, and forget the narrative that goes with the daft rotation policy.

He does have the self imposed fixture pile up in a few weeks, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:21 - Jan 12 with 1436 viewsHerbivore

I do wonder if Huws will be up for another start after completing 90 minutes yesterday. I hope he is but we'll see. If not then Skuse is a perfectly capable deputy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:27 - Jan 12 with 1417 viewsBluefish

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:21 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

I do wonder if Huws will be up for another start after completing 90 minutes yesterday. I hope he is but we'll see. If not then Skuse is a perfectly capable deputy.

As we know I am a big Skuse fan but he will change the dynamic a fair bit from Huws. I would rather utilise Bishop instead. If we are settled on 532 then Dozzell and Skuse are going to struggle to play in midfield because they need to play further up the pitch. Skuse will contest the 3rd CB place with Wilson but Andre looks lost in our plan A

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:29 - Jan 12 with 1411 viewsHerbivore

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:27 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

As we know I am a big Skuse fan but he will change the dynamic a fair bit from Huws. I would rather utilise Bishop instead. If we are settled on 532 then Dozzell and Skuse are going to struggle to play in midfield because they need to play further up the pitch. Skuse will contest the 3rd CB place with Wilson but Andre looks lost in our plan A

Huws mostly sat deep yesterday as he had to cover for the overlapping centre backs. His role yesterday was not dissimilar to Skuse's, albeit he used the ball better than Skuse does. Bishop coming in would definitely unbalance us as we'd lose too much defensive solidity in the middle.

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:29 - Jan 12 with 1410 viewsBLUEBEAT

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:27 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

I tend to agree. Skuse does slow the tempo of the game right down. The most refreshing part for me from yesterday’s performance was the noticeable speed crank-up.

Poll: W or W

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:33 - Jan 12 with 1402 viewsBluefish

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:29 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Huws mostly sat deep yesterday as he had to cover for the overlapping centre backs. His role yesterday was not dissimilar to Skuse's, albeit he used the ball better than Skuse does. Bishop coming in would definitely unbalance us as we'd lose too much defensive solidity in the middle.

I don't agree, in the 1st half Emyr played further up in a conventional CM 2 and that is where the damage was done. It was later that he dropped and Skuse was a great replacement. With 5 at the back we don't need the cdm cover we need to get the midfield further up and have clear support for the forwards. If you compare the role judge had yesterday to the one Nolan was having to play they are poles apart. Judge was there to link and float whereas Nolan was there to be defending high up and supporting the midfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:34 - Jan 12 with 1392 viewsHerbivore

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:33 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

I don't agree, in the 1st half Emyr played further up in a conventional CM 2 and that is where the damage was done. It was later that he dropped and Skuse was a great replacement. With 5 at the back we don't need the cdm cover we need to get the midfield further up and have clear support for the forwards. If you compare the role judge had yesterday to the one Nolan was having to play they are poles apart. Judge was there to link and float whereas Nolan was there to be defending high up and supporting the midfield.

Disagree.

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:36 - Jan 12 with 1390 viewsDyland

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:29 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Dozzers would also slot into the Huws role.

Bishop for Judge.

Skuse is versatile enough to cover the deep midfield role and CB or even RB.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:36 - Jan 12 with 1379 viewsBluefish

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:34 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Disagree.

Fair enough. We aren't far off though

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:40 - Jan 12 with 1368 viewsBluefish

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:36 - Jan 12 by Dyland

Dozzers would also slot into the Huws role.

Bishop for Judge.

Skuse is versatile enough to cover the deep midfield role and CB or even RB.

Agree that Skuse is versatile enough to do many roles but his tendency is deeper as is Dozzell. Dozzell also doesn't have the steel of Huws and Downes yesterday, they have a fantastic balance to the team. I also prefer Bishop deeper in CM, he does his best work in that crowd and being able to move us up the pitch by dropping a shoulder and driving into the space. The role Judge had yesterday is little intricate stuff, Teddy can do it but he is better at CM

Nice that we are starting to get a style and identity and we are putting player is positions for a change instead of trying to decide the shape afterwards

I don't disagree buh (n/t) on 10:41 - Jan 12 with 1350 viewsDyland

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:40 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Agree that Skuse is versatile enough to do many roles but his tendency is deeper as is Dozzell. Dozzell also doesn't have the steel of Huws and Downes yesterday, they have a fantastic balance to the team. I also prefer Bishop deeper in CM, he does his best work in that crowd and being able to move us up the pitch by dropping a shoulder and driving into the space. The role Judge had yesterday is little intricate stuff, Teddy can do it but he is better at CM

Nice that we are starting to get a style and identity and we are putting player is positions for a change instead of trying to decide the shape afterwards

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 13:15 - Jan 12 with 1244 viewsBobbychase

Playing a different side. I don't think he has to keep EXACTLY the same team every week. The opposition has different strengths and weaknesses which we can exploit/defend against

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 14:00 - Jan 12 with 1188 viewsblueislander

Hoppy. Did you listen to Tabby’s comments at the Exeter match? ‘Eee’s great is Taggy!
Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 1120 viewshoppy

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 13:15 - Jan 12 by Bobbychase

Playing a different side. I don't think he has to keep EXACTLY the same team every week. The opposition has different strengths and weaknesses which we can exploit/defend against

I get what you’re saying, but I think after yesterday’s performance and result, the same lineup would be the best bet, as many of them will have benefitted in confidence and could carry that into the next match. Concentrating more on our own strengths and letting the opposition worry about us for a change rather than messing around trying to counter the opposition - as that clearly hasn’t worked. Using this team for consecutive matches where possible will keep that momentum going.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 16:03 - Jan 12 with 1053 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:21 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Huws has been wrapped in cotton wool for long enough. Think it’s time for him to step up and show that he can play back to back games.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 1020 viewsHerbivore

Same team Tuesday please, Paul. on 10:40 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Ultimately I think our best side involves going to a 4-3-3 so we can have a midfield trio of Downes, Huws and Bishop, with a front three of Sears and Jackson either side of Keane or Norwood centrally. I still think unless we sign a ball playing left sided CB we're a bit unbalanced at the back. Accrington had nothing to hurt us yesterday but I wonder how sustainable it is for Chambers to bomb on as an overlapping CB in the same way he did yesterday. His legs are ageing and better sides would exploit that space. With what we have at our disposal currently I'd still prefer the a back four and a 4-3-3 formation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024