Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland away 11:54 - Jan 12 with 1198 viewsagravenor

Looking for some advice for Sunderland away. Can anyone recommend an affordable hotel? Preferably near Newcastle..? Also, what’s the best way to get up there? Train tickets £140 return!!
Sunderland away on 12:05 - Jan 12 with 1158 viewsjimsymBLUE

Was up in Newcastle a few weeks back and stayed in a place called Hanson Hotel and Hostel. Perfectly okay for a night or two and very good value.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hansen.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FC

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Sunderland away on 12:18 - Jan 12 with 1132 viewsandytown

Sunderland away on 12:05 - Jan 12 by jimsymBLUE

Was up in Newcastle a few weeks back and stayed in a place called Hanson Hotel and Hostel. Perfectly okay for a night or two and very good value.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hansen.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FC

RE the train, could well be that lner have not released the cheap advance fares yet. You can check in their website and set up a notification so you get an email when they are released for sale.
Sunderland away on 12:55 - Jan 12 with 1073 viewsnoggin

Sunderland away on 12:18 - Jan 12 by andytown

RE the train, could well be that lner have not released the cheap advance fares yet. You can check in their website and set up a notification so you get an email when they are released for sale.

Released 12 weeks before travel date I think.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sunderland away on 13:15 - Jan 12 with 1050 viewslinhdi

Sunderland away on 12:55 - Jan 12 by noggin

Released 12 weeks before travel date I think.

The main Easy Coast timetable has not been confirmed, I think due to engineering works between KX and Peterborough. So, no Advance tickets yet, and no seat reservations are available until the timetable is confirmed.

There is likely to be a very limited service down that line, so trains will be very busy, and it may be that Advance tickets will be very limited in number and relatively expensive.
Sunderland away on 13:17 - Jan 12 with 1045 viewsjontysnut

Sunderland away on 13:15 - Jan 12 by linhdi

The main Easy Coast timetable has not been confirmed, I think due to engineering works between KX and Peterborough. So, no Advance tickets yet, and no seat reservations are available until the timetable is confirmed.

There is likely to be a very limited service down that line, so trains will be very busy, and it may be that Advance tickets will be very limited in number and relatively expensive.

Have you tried Grand Central to Sunderland?
Sunderland away on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 985 viewslinhdi

Sunderland away on 13:17 - Jan 12 by jontysnut

Have you tried Grand Central to Sunderland?

There is no Grand Central train currently showing back after the game. Their website has the same warning.

Last time I remember having this hassle on the East Coast route,, cheap Advance tickets never went on sale. t

This trip is going to be an expensive ballache.
Sunderland away on 15:15 - Jan 12 with 899 viewsSparky85

Group of us staying at the Premier Inn Quayside. Worked out at £40 each for a couple of twin rooms. Good location for a night out in Newcastle as well 👍🏼
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024