Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another potentially upsetting post 13:34 - Jan 12 with 2321 viewsstewartm

I have read a lot of posts regarding team stability (I totally agree that a settled team would improve performances) and balance, I would also like to mention that our midfield looked a lot better without Skuse and I would be quite happy never to see him in a Town shirt again!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Another potentially upsetting post on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 2245 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you mean laughable rather than upsetting?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 2168 viewsSomethingBlue

The last bit is silly but I think we will see a gradual phasing out of Skuse from here, which is not to say we won't need him over the next four months because I'm certain we will. Hopefully it can be the next step of this team's evolution, like when Burley sacrificed Geraint Williams to put Dyer at the heart of things!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 2144 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:17 - Jan 12 with 2120 viewsMrTown

Whilst I don’t think it’s the best post I’ve ever read. I do think there is some credibility to the first part.

I do think our midfield balance looks so much better with Huws and Downes with Judge as the no.10.

However, to say you’d never want to see him in a Town shirt again is farcical. 2-0 with 15 minutes to go, there is no one we could feasibly have who I would rather see come on to see the game out in the central area.

In addition to that his off field guidance for young players coming through remains priceless.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 14:17]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:19 - Jan 12 with 2105 viewscbower

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:09 - Jan 12 by SomethingBlue

The last bit is silly but I think we will see a gradual phasing out of Skuse from here, which is not to say we won't need him over the next four months because I'm certain we will. Hopefully it can be the next step of this team's evolution, like when Burley sacrificed Geraint Williams to put Dyer at the heart of things!

That is exactly how it should work. Might take another 18 months before Skuse no longer plays but he will have a role to play for the remainder of this season for sure. In certain games, that protection he offers could be invaluable, perhaps even just from the bench. To say you never want to see him in a Town shirt again as per the OP is laughable.

bluescouser

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:33 - Jan 12 with 2049 viewsbilllm

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:17 - Jan 12 by MrTown

Whilst I don’t think it’s the best post I’ve ever read. I do think there is some credibility to the first part.

I do think our midfield balance looks so much better with Huws and Downes with Judge as the no.10.

However, to say you’d never want to see him in a Town shirt again is farcical. 2-0 with 15 minutes to go, there is no one we could feasibly have who I would rather see come on to see the game out in the central area.

In addition to that his off field guidance for young players coming through remains priceless.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 14:17]

Have to agree on skuse coming on and shoring up protecting a lead, rather he didn't start been a good servant just slows the play down to much, our midfield yesterday was excactly what it should be, aggressive move the ball and pick a pass,
Another potentially upsetting post on 14:39 - Jan 12 with 2039 viewsBluefish

Lots of players come towards the end of their careers and get phased out. Most normal teams don't develop contempt for them though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:51 - Jan 12 with 1991 viewsnorfsufblue

It's not really a like for like comparison but Cole Skuse could develop into our James Milner, who has served Liverpool extremely well when required.
Login to get fewer ads

Another potentially upsetting post on 15:09 - Jan 12 with 1908 viewsBlueBadger

Another potentially upsetting post on 14:39 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Lots of players come towards the end of their careers and get phased out. Most normal teams don't develop contempt for them though

I rather fear you're forgetting who bought him though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another potentially upsetting post on 15:10 - Jan 12 with 1911 viewsBlueBadger

Had we had a competent manager last season I suspect Skuse would already be starting his coaching career in earnest this season. As it is, because we had two crap managers who had us mired in a relegation 'battle' all season, his experience and steadying influence was needed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another potentially upsetting post on 15:10 - Jan 12 with 1906 viewsBluefish

Another potentially upsetting post on 15:09 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

We had some with some very nasty words towards Emyr Huws as well recently. His class shone through yesterday though despite him being a crock that they never wanted to see again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Another potentially upsetting post on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 1743 viewsJ2BLUE

Another potentially upsetting post on 15:09 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

MM didn't buy him, he got him for free which should get even more credit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another potentially upsetting post on 18:45 - Jan 12 with 1641 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is an utter lack of respect for a professional who has represented our club with nothing short of a superb attitude. Helped develop the guys who will ultimately replace him. Ome of our best and most consistent performers who still never lets the team down. He's an excellent asset to the club and will be important this season for the remainder. Grow up and learn a bit more about football.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Another potentially upsetting post on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 1434 viewsstewartm

Another potentially upsetting post on 18:45 - Jan 12 by Terry_Nutkins

This is an utter lack of respect for a professional who has represented our club with nothing short of a superb attitude. Helped develop the guys who will ultimately replace him. Ome of our best and most consistent performers who still never lets the team down. He's an excellent asset to the club and will be important this season for the remainder. Grow up and learn a bit more about football.

Good grief , ever since Skuse has played for Ipswich (and I will include Captain Chambers into this) we have just nosedived. I have watched both players time and again (I am not a season ticket holder) but I try to get to Portman Road as regular as possible, and both players have NEVER impressed me let alone entertained (not including Chambers attempts at passing)! We have a strong midfield and hopefully new CB's on the way and an Ipswich without Skuse and Chambers will get promoted and go on from there!!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 17:30]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Another potentially upsetting post on 21:07 - Jan 13 with 1336 viewsBlueBadger

Another potentially upsetting post on 17:28 - Jan 13 by stewartm

Good grief , ever since Skuse has played for Ipswich (and I will include Captain Chambers into this) we have just nosedived. I have watched both players time and again (I am not a season ticket holder) but I try to get to Portman Road as regular as possible, and both players have NEVER impressed me let alone entertained (not including Chambers attempts at passing)! We have a strong midfield and hopefully new CB's on the way and an Ipswich without Skuse and Chambers will get promoted and go on from there!!

Possibly the most impressive piece of TWTD revisionism I've seen yet in talking about two players who've key players in a side that was more often than not top half of the Championship.

Another potentially upsetting post on 21:12 - Jan 13 with 1313 viewsreusersfreekicks

Another potentially upsetting post on 17:28 - Jan 13 by stewartm

Nonsense
Another potentially upsetting post on 22:43 - Jan 13 with 1236 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Another potentially upsetting post on 21:07 - Jan 13 by BlueBadger

Possibly the most impressive piece of TWTD revisionism I've seen yet in talking about two players who've key players in a side that was more often than not top half of the Championship.

Exactly this. It's incredible it really is. How you could see whats gone on and gone oh that's Skuse and Chambers fault that. Nothing to do with Hurst selling all our goalscorers and our best defender and replacing with sub standard dross.

It was Skuse and he should never be allowed to ear the shirt again.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024