Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jerome Opoku 10:26 - Jan 13 with 1781 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Was at the game on Saturday and thought this lad really stood out. Been meaning to write a post about him for a couple of days.

He's a 21 year old left-back on loan from Fulham, and at 6ft 5, he's a absolute mountain. Very comfortable on the ball, quick and very physical.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't perfect, but what can you expect from a 21-year-old? He was also excellent in the away game.

My main observation after the game was that actually he may be better suited to playing on the left of a back three, especially one where the CBs are encouraged to get forward - just like we are now.

I just wonder if he is the sort of rough diamond we could bring in and develop. Would be interesting to see.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Jerome Opoku on 10:32 - Jan 13 with 1728 viewsStokieBlue

Wasn't as convinced, Edwards had a good game against him which isn't a great feather in his cap.

I think you are focusing on the one run he did from his own half.

Also not sure why you think Fulham would sell him to us or that we could afford him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jerome Opoku on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 1612 viewsChiefXL

He was also decent in the home fixture.
I like him.
Jerome Opoku on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 1582 viewstrncbluearmy

Took my eye as well

Great physique, bit of the Mings about him.
Jerome Opoku on 11:12 - Jan 13 with 1510 viewshomer_123

Jerome Opoku on 10:32 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Wasn't as convinced, Edwards had a good game against him which isn't a great feather in his cap.

I think you are focusing on the one run he did from his own half.

Also not sure why you think Fulham would sell him to us or that we could afford him.

SB

I'd disagree.

Extremely comfortable on the ball - got involved in a lot of of their work down the left and really tried to push on the second half. He had a good tussle with Edwards (who is much maligned but can def play).

As a left sided Cb in a back three - he's be very good. Likes a tackle, good in the air, very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jerome Opoku on 11:20 - Jan 13 with 1469 viewsDubtractor

As per the thread about him yesterday, he was pretty rubbish.

We murdered them down our right flank all first half, and his passing was mostly dreadful. He did make a couple of runs forward second half though. He was also decent in the away game, but I honestly thought he was rubbish on Saturday.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jerome Opoku on 11:23 - Jan 13 with 1460 viewsbracknell_blue

My mate I go to matches with was raving about him. Certainly looked a decent player, had a great attitude, but those legs look like they could snap any moment!

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Jerome Opoku on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1400 viewsPilgrimblue

Jerome Opoku on 11:23 - Jan 13 by bracknell_blue

My mate I go to matches with was raving about him. Certainly looked a decent player, had a great attitude, but those legs look like they could snap any moment!

Well we got Earl now so can move on.
Jerome Opoku on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 1265 viewsWickets

Yes i agree this is the only time i seen him but i felt he did well .
Login to get fewer ads

Jerome Opoku on 13:43 - Jan 13 with 1206 viewsNazemariner

He definitely stood out in what was an awful team.
Jerome Opoku on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 1015 viewsWickets

Jerome Opoku on 13:43 - Jan 13 by Nazemariner

He definitely stood out in what was an awful team.

Or was it that we made them look awful ? Depends if you are a half full or half empty man . Where Villa terrible or did City make them look awful ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024