Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Veggie ITFC fans 10:58 - Jan 13 with 1899 viewsChiefXL

Genuine question, and would appreciate people leaving out sarky responses as not looking for an ethical debate, but....

I was surprised they had sold out of the butter bean pies in the SAR stand lower on Saturday by half time, so my question is does this usually happen and it's because they obviously order in fewer veggie pies due to the expected demographic or has there been an explosion of vegetarianism amongst us since Jan 1st?
Veggie ITFC fans on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 1853 viewshoppy

I can't say specifically about the veggie ones, but it was noticeable in Beatties at half time that there were many more pies still available than had been the case for some games, where often they seemed to have been sold out before kickoff.

The added bonus of the ones they have in Beatties is that they are much larger for the same price as the ones they have down on the concourse kiosks behind SAR lower.

I know that doesn't really help answer your question exactly, but might give you another option for future.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:11 - Jan 13 with 1841 viewsuefacup81

I think it's probably par for the course. Regardless of the filling, I think you're lucky to be able to get any sort of pie at half time these days.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:12 - Jan 13 with 1834 viewsChiefXL

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:11 - Jan 13 by uefacup81

I think it's probably par for the course. Regardless of the filling, I think you're lucky to be able to get any sort of pie at half time these days.

They seemed to have a fair number of others left, all with a meat filling which they asked if I would like instead
Veggie ITFC fans on 11:20 - Jan 13 with 1822 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've made the veggie move for mainly ethical reasons, there's an upside in healthier eating too and I'm now treating my Saturday trips to PR as a "treat day" as our preferred meeting pub of choice now offers a wide range of decent veggie/vegan fayre without me upsetting the house with my "alternative lifestyle".

I know this doesn't help you at all but if you can get into the town centre a little earlier than KO, there's some decent food choices available now.

Also, this place opens on the 19th Jan:

https://www.hankspub.co.uk/

Yes, it's a fair hike from the ground but you cut through the docks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:23 - Jan 13 with 1800 viewsChiefXL

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:20 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Whilst I've made the veggie move for mainly ethical reasons, there's an upside in healthier eating too and I'm now treating my Saturday trips to PR as a "treat day" as our preferred meeting pub of choice now offers a wide range of decent veggie/vegan fayre without me upsetting the house with my "alternative lifestyle".

I know this doesn't help you at all but if you can get into the town centre a little earlier than KO, there's some decent food choices available now.

Cheers, appreciate it and I've been looking forward to the Hank's Deli pub opening up for a while now.

It's no major drama, I was just peckish and fancied something at HT and was surprised they'd sold out.

My mood was greatly enhanced by the amazing vegetable katsu curry in Mizu later on.
Veggie ITFC fans on 11:34 - Jan 13 with 1766 viewsmonytowbray

I’ve not had this pie as I don’t like butterbeans.

I’m sure the club announced a vegan sausage roll at the start of the season but not seen it once.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1740 viewsChiefXL

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:34 - Jan 13 by monytowbray

I’ve not had this pie as I don’t like butterbeans.

I’m sure the club announced a vegan sausage roll at the start of the season but not seen it once.

Yeah they had some of those left but I'm not big on meat substitutes generally.
I much more fancied the pie.
Veggie ITFC fans on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 1650 viewsitfcjoe

Veggie ITFC fans on 11:20 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Is that at the Grinning Rat?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Veggie ITFC fans on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 1646 viewsartsbossbeard

Veggie ITFC fans on 13:58 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Is that at the Grinning Rat?

Yep.

The lass who runs this new venture seems quite nice - if a little too "dedicated to the cause"..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:05 - Jan 13 with 1629 viewsnorthernblue

In general there seems to have been an increase in people at least being more curious and giving the non-meat products a go and its surprising how many people are doing this.

Yesterday my local Greggs was sold out of the Vegan steak bake and the Aldi was sold out of vegan ice cream and I definitely don't live in a hotbed of Veganism - think the same certainly applies to football grounds!
Veggie ITFC fans on 14:15 - Jan 13 with 1601 viewsitfcjoe

Veggie ITFC fans on 13:59 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Yep.

The lass who runs this new venture seems quite nice - if a little too "dedicated to the cause"..

I wondered what Swampy was up to these days

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:25 - Jan 13 with 1579 viewsparkinshair

My wife has been vegan since the start of 2019 after being veggie for a number of years.
Despite offering to cook meat I happily chomped away at vegetarian meals she prepared and whenever I cooked I never bothered with meat.
When she decided to go vegan, I went a little pale, before she told me that all the meals she had prepared over the last six months had been vegan and I didn't even know.
I could happily go veggie, and my taste buds have attuned to my regular diet and more often than not I choose the veggie option on a meal out. My love of cheese would prevent me going vegan though.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:36 - Jan 13 with 1545 viewsartsbossbeard

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:25 - Jan 13 by parkinshair

My wife has been vegan since the start of 2019 after being veggie for a number of years.
Despite offering to cook meat I happily chomped away at vegetarian meals she prepared and whenever I cooked I never bothered with meat.
When she decided to go vegan, I went a little pale, before she told me that all the meals she had prepared over the last six months had been vegan and I didn't even know.
I could happily go veggie, and my taste buds have attuned to my regular diet and more often than not I choose the veggie option on a meal out. My love of cheese would prevent me going vegan though.

Same, same.

I'm happy with veggie, suits me.

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:50 - Jan 13 with 1512 viewsChiefXL

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:36 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Same, same.

Pretty much the same here.
Happy being veggie, no plans to be vegan but at the same time I know my views may change in the future.

And if they do, they do.
Veggie ITFC fans on 19:49 - Jan 13 with 1416 viewsNBVJohn

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:36 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Same, same.

I increasingly feel less of a need to eat meat, although I do enjoy a Sunday Roast.

Once I discovered the joys of pulses in particular and understood the versatility of things like Cauliflower I became happy with only eating meat once or twice a week.

Not sure I could do the vegan thing though.
Veggie ITFC fans on 20:00 - Jan 13 with 1404 viewsjeera

Veggie ITFC fans on 14:05 - Jan 13 by northernblue

In general there seems to have been an increase in people at least being more curious and giving the non-meat products a go and its surprising how many people are doing this.

Yesterday my local Greggs was sold out of the Vegan steak bake and the Aldi was sold out of vegan ice cream and I definitely don't live in a hotbed of Veganism - think the same certainly applies to football grounds!

"Vegan steak bake". Is that real?

I'm trying to remember who were around immediately before Greggs; all those places they took over, but it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, my favourite pastie was a curried vegetable effort that was bloody amazing and I wonder if much of the stuff they were already selling has just been remarketed.

I didn't buy those for ethical reasons, they were just really nice.

I suppose it doesn't matter really if they're selling and people are happy, but the cynical side of the whole commercial thing...
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 22:35]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Veggie ITFC fans on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 1354 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Veggie ITFC fans on 20:00 - Jan 13 by jeera

"Vegan steak bake". Is that real?

I'm trying to remember who were around immediately before Greggs; all those places they took over, but it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, my favourite pastie was a curried vegetable effort that was bloody amazing and I wonder if much of the stuff they were already selling has just been remarketed.

I didn't buy those for ethical reasons, they were just really nice.

I suppose it doesn't matter really if they're selling and people are happy, but the cynical side of the whole commercial thing...
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 22:35]

Bakers Oven

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Veggie ITFC fans on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1296 viewsjeera

Veggie ITFC fans on 21:14 - Jan 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bakers Oven

Thank you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024