Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul 12:31 - Jan 13 with 3286 viewsSaleAway

at 0-0 in extra time and apparently he got MOM for it after they went on to win on penalties...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 12:35 - Jan 13 with 2347 viewsNthQldITFC

Is anyone able to translate the phrase the commentator uses at 0:31 and 0:34?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:06 - Jan 13 with 2239 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would have only got a yellow card 40 years ago.

edit. Different reaction from the players back then who just accepted it and got on with it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 13:07]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:08 - Jan 13 with 2217 viewshampstead_blue

Makes my blood boil.

SHould be banned for a very long time.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:15 - Jan 13 with 2182 viewsSaleAway

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:06 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

edit. Different reaction from the players back then who just accepted it and got on with it.

notice how Valverde hangs around for long enough to try and incite Athletico players to get themselves sent off as well. dark arts of the highest level/

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:17 - Jan 13 with 2169 viewsPJH

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:06 - Jan 13 by GlasgowBlue

That "tackle" came to my mind too.

I remembered it from West Ham v Arsenal Final but could not remember who tripped who.
Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 2111 viewsbluefunk

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:17 - Jan 13 by PJH

That "tackle" came to my mind too.

I remembered it from West Ham v Arsenal Final but could not remember who tripped who.

resulted in a change to the laws IIRC - was a red thereafter
Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:37 - Jan 13 with 2052 viewsurbanblue

I was at that game. Can't for the life of me recall why but remember that clearly. Was behind the goal and happened right in front of me.
Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 14:52 - Jan 13 with 1924 viewsPendejo

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 13:27 - Jan 13 by bluefunk

resulted in a change to the laws IIRC - was a red thereafter

Yet Hansen got away with a tackle like that on Mark Brennan at Portman Road [North Stand end] mid-80s, can't even recall him getting booked. But back then Liverpool players were untouchable.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 14:58 - Jan 13 with 1897 viewsGeoffSentence

A slightly different take on a professional foul

Schumacher knocked Battiston out and didnt even get booked.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:12 - Jan 13 with 1845 viewsfactual_blue

He's no Willie Young though

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:20 - Jan 13 with 1820 viewsartsbossbeard

It's a sensationally brilliant & equally outrageous piece of sh1thousery.

I'd be livid if it was Town on the receiving end though. Livid.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:21 - Jan 13 with 1811 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:20 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

Funny when it was Gary Breen doing it to Norwich at Carrow Road in 2007 though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:23 - Jan 13 with 1805 viewsArnieM

Just plane cheating as far as I can see !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:36 - Jan 13 with 1770 viewsWD19

Could've got a rugby tap tackle in 20 yards previous........
Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 1710 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:23 - Jan 13 by ArnieM

Take it you consider him a bit of a chopper then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:03 - Jan 13 with 1669 viewschicoazul

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:21 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Funny when it was Gary Breen doing it to Norwich at Carrow Road in 2007 though.

Seem to remember Warky getting sent off at their place for something very similar..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:07 - Jan 13 with 1663 viewsvapour_trail

Extraordinary work.

This isn’t quite as good given Cannigia was running away from goal, but still an expertly executed piece of on-field violence.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Indeed on 16:11 - Jan 13 with 1650 viewsDyland

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:20 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I'd be completely hoarse if it was Town.

Just another thing that makes football so bloody good. Not the sh1thousery in itself, but the emotion.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oh! on 16:13 - Jan 13 with 1633 viewsDyland

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 15:23 - Jan 13 by ArnieM

Really?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 1613 viewsbluelagos

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 14:58 - Jan 13 by GeoffSentence

That was mental. Shi1thousery of the highest order.

For one, the challenge never made any difference as Battison had already played the ball - was sheer thuggery.

He ended up in a coma ffs

Shumacher never even got booked

Germans went on to win on pens

Schumacher never seemed to show any remorse for the bloke he nearly killed.

Can't think of a worse incident of violence and/or unfairness on a footie pitch.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:19 - Jan 13 with 1600 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 14:58 - Jan 13 by GeoffSentence

Should have got ABH. Right up there with Keane's stamp on Haaland - I genuinely believe that players who deliberately injure other players should face criminal charges.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:20 - Jan 13 with 1589 viewsbluelagos

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:07 - Jan 13 by vapour_trail

Extraordinary work.

This isn’t quite as good given Cannigia was running away from goal, but still an expertly executed piece of on-field violence.

Watching that - the ref showed a yellow, after the red, suggesting he maybe booked him twice rather than a straight red?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 1571 viewsbluelagos

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:19 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Should have got ABH. Right up there with Keane's stamp on Haaland - I genuinely believe that players who deliberately injure other players should face criminal charges.

Keane's stamp was nasty - but Schumaker's was borderline attempted murder!

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:22 - Jan 13 with 1561 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:20 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Watching that - the ref showed a yellow, after the red, suggesting he maybe booked him twice rather than a straight red?

1.5 reds innit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:25 - Jan 13 with 1546 viewsGeoffSentence

Not sure if this has been posted yet - what an awesome professional foul on 16:18 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

That was mental. Shi1thousery of the highest order.

For one, the challenge never made any difference as Battison had already played the ball - was sheer thuggery.

He ended up in a coma ffs

Shumacher never even got booked

Germans went on to win on pens

Schumacher never seemed to show any remorse for the bloke he nearly killed.

Can't think of a worse incident of violence and/or unfairness on a footie pitch.

Although I think Battiston's aim might have been off because he had 6 ft 1 Harald Schumacher hurtling towards him with elbows poised to strike. So in that sense the challenge might have made a difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024