Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The squad now 15:22 - Jan 13 with 1284 viewsBluefish

Keeper - should be Holy for me but if they have arranged a deal to keep norris permanently then it doesn't make a difference which one we develop. Covered with Norris Holy and Przybek

Wing backs - left is Garbutt then Kenlock, Garbutt had been excellent and Kenlock is decent enough back up. Right is obviously the excellent KVY but he is injured, so Donacien and Edwards, neither are great solutions as 1st choice but I would use Janoi ahead of Gwion. Hopefully KVY to return soon if not ship one out and replace.

Centre halves - best combo for me would be Chambers, Skuse and Woolfenden. Earl and Wilson now competing for places. This should be enough cover, JD and MK can fill in if a crisis.

Centre mid - Downes and Huws 1st choice with Bishop not far behind. Nolan next and then Dozzell. Plenty of cover

CAM - Judge followed by El Mizouni. Could also use Nolan or Bishop but both prefer CM

Forward - any 2 from 4 really avoiding jackson and sears together

Norris/Holy

KVY (Donacien) Chambers Skuse (Wilson) Woolfenden (Earl) Garbutt (Kenlock)

Downes (Bishop) Huws (Nolan)

Judge (el miz)

Norwood (Keane) Jackson (Sears)

The biggest concern is the KVY injury and losing Downes but that squad is easily good enough to win this league. I'm not concerned about another CB there should be plenty there already

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The squad now on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 1184 viewsIpswichKnight

Sad as it is thinks El-Miz is behind Judge, Bishop and Nolan for that number 10 spot, wouldn't be surprised now if both him and Dobra are found loans in league 2.
The squad now on 16:07 - Jan 13 with 1163 viewsMrTown

The squad now on 16:00 - Jan 13 by IpswichKnight

Sad as it is thinks El-Miz is behind Judge, Bishop and Nolan for that number 10 spot, wouldn't be surprised now if both him and Dobra are found loans in league 2.

Think League 2 loans for Dobra and El-Miz would be very good now.

Out of every cup, there gametime is limited / to nothing right now.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 16:08]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The squad now on 16:15 - Jan 13 with 1128 viewslmfcblue

I think Skuse would struggle in 1v1 situations in a back 3
The squad now on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 1110 viewsDarth_Koont

Think Edwards' best position might be right wing back. Failing that as a wide attacker in a front three. Donacien as a fullback though.

Agree re: Skuse in the back three though. It wouldn't shock me to see him in midfield away to an Oxford side that likes to pass the ball around but think we're on the verge of phasing him out as a starting midfielder with Downes and Huws already able to do more than enough of the defensive work.

Pronouns: He/Him

The squad now on 16:40 - Jan 13 with 1082 viewsParsley

For me Skuse in a back 3 only makes sense if the other two are sitters. If you want the two wider centre backs to push forward as worked effectively on Saturday then the central one has to be a out and out centre back. Chambers in the middle with Wolfenden on the right and Earl on the left sounds like a good balance (although with the caveat that I know nothing about Earl other than he's left footed).
The squad now on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 1029 viewsGarv

The squad now on 16:07 - Jan 13 by MrTown

Think League 2 loans for Dobra and El-Miz would be very good now.

Out of every cup, there gametime is limited / to nothing right now.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 16:08]

I'm not sure. We have barely any wingers at the club, and arguably those two aren't wingers themselves. Edwards is a wing back at the moment, Rowe is out, Lankester out. Judge isn't a great wing option. If we need any touchline players, we're a bit stuck. Dobra is the closest to this.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The squad now on 18:18 - Jan 13 with 962 viewsunstableblue

I think if we can play a pressing and high temp game, that squad is easily good enough to get an automatic place.

Just need only minor changes between games, more consistency from Lambert in squad selection.

I think from his comments Lambert does rate Dobra, and maybe we'll see more of him later in the season.

Edwards is just about good enough to play left wing back. Should not play in a 4-4-2

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The squad now on 18:25 - Jan 13 with 949 viewsDubtractor

The squad now on 16:40 - Jan 13 by Parsley

For me Skuse in a back 3 only makes sense if the other two are sitters. If you want the two wider centre backs to push forward as worked effectively on Saturday then the central one has to be a out and out centre back. Chambers in the middle with Wolfenden on the right and Earl on the left sounds like a good balance (although with the caveat that I know nothing about Earl other than he's left footed).

Was gonna say same re skuse. If we play like Saturday then the sitter needs to be a proper CB.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

The squad now on 21:18 - Jan 13 with 755 viewsBlueBadger

The squad now on 16:40 - Jan 13 by Parsley

I don't think we should be playing a man who cant find his own shoes in our backline.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024