Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a quick message to remind fans that..... 09:58 - Jan 14 with 3644 viewsBloots

....we are in the 3rd Division of English football.

That's the same league as Shrewsbury, Accrington, Fleetwood etc.

This will effect who we can buy and who we have to sell.

Some people seem to be forgetting this.

BCWYWF.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 09:59 - Jan 14 with 2549 viewschicoazul

But wait listen hear me out relegation could be good right because

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 2546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:03 - Jan 14 with 2523 viewsm14_blue

You're right of course but lets not pretend it would be any different if we were lower midtable in the championship.

We might command a slightly higher fee but Sheffield United are 5th in the PL and, at least with Evans in charge, there's no way things would be much different.
Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:07 - Jan 14 with 2481 viewsBluefish

The same people also thought it was ridiculous when we couldn't get a small team like Blackpool to sell us Tilt

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:09 - Jan 14 with 2462 viewsTown_Boy

Would be no different if we were in the championship. We would still be attracting freebies

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:13 - Jan 14 with 2414 viewsBlueBadger

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:09 - Jan 14 by Town_Boy

Would be no different if we were in the championship. We would still be attracting freebies

Said freebies would be former Premier League and solid championship players rather than third division and below-average Championship players though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:13 - Jan 14 with 2422 viewsm14_blue

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:07 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

The same people also thought it was ridiculous when we couldn't get a small team like Blackpool to sell us Tilt

When we were in the championship.
Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:19 - Jan 14 with 2403 viewsMrTown

But we are a massive club and should be walking this league in the next breath right...?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 2346 viewsBluefish

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:19 - Jan 14 by MrTown

But we are a massive club and should be walking this league in the next breath right...?

Do you genuinely not grasp how those things can both be true?

We should be, yes...... on 11:02 - Jan 14 with 2244 viewsBloots

....but our manager has been hopeless for large parts of the last 12 months.

Hopefully we will get promoted despite him.

Selling a centre back shouldn't change this.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:10 - Jan 14 with 2192 viewsHerbivore

We shouldn't be walking this league because we're a big club relative to this level. I'm not sure that's the argument people have made either. We should be walking this league because it's full of toss and the quality in our squad is superior to our rivals. The past few days I've seen you talk about how with the quality we have we should have too much for this league. You flip flop like a beached dolphin, it's almost like you're just trolling genuine fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:13 - Jan 14 with 2178 viewsMrTown

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:10 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

We shouldn't be walking this league because we're a big club relative to this level. I'm not sure that's the argument people have made either. We should be walking this league because it's full of toss and the quality in our squad is superior to our rivals. The past few days I've seen you talk about how with the quality we have we should have too much for this league. You flip flop like a beached dolphin, it's almost like you're just trolling genuine fans.

Explain how I "flip flop" please?

Genuine fans

We should be, yes...... on 11:14 - Jan 14 with 2176 viewsMrTown

We should be, yes...... on 11:02 - Jan 14 by Bloots

....but our manager has been hopeless for large parts of the last 12 months.

Hopefully we will get promoted despite him.

Selling a centre back shouldn't change this.

'Promoted despite him'

You are so desperate for him to fail, desperate aren't you
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 11:14]

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:15 - Jan 14 with 2150 viewsMrTown

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:31 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

Do you genuinely not grasp how those things can both be true?

What?

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:17 - Jan 14 with 2137 viewsSuperfrans

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 10:03 - Jan 14 by m14_blue

You're right of course but lets not pretend it would be any different if we were lower midtable in the championship.

We might command a slightly higher fee but Sheffield United are 5th in the PL and, at least with Evans in charge, there's no way things would be much different.

The significant difference is the potential income from a transfer.

To date, there have been only 9 transfers of £4m-plus out of league one (according to Transfermarkt.co.uk) - none of them for a defender. The highest fee for a defender was the £3.5m paid for Matt Clarke.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3

In contrast, there have been 98 transfer fees of £8m-plus out of the Championship.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2

Fact is, you make more money selling out of the Championship.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:19 - Jan 14 with 2124 viewsHerbivore

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:13 - Jan 14 by MrTown

Explain how I "flip flop" please?

Genuine fans

One minute you question whether the squad is that good, the next you're saying it's got too much quality for this division. That's flip flopping, flipper.

Yes, genuine fans. As in actual, real life Town fans who go to games and don't just troll ITFC fan forums.

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:20 - Jan 14 with 2121 viewsBluefish

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:17 - Jan 14 by Superfrans

The significant difference is the potential income from a transfer.

To date, there have been only 9 transfers of £4m-plus out of league one (according to Transfermarkt.co.uk) - none of them for a defender. The highest fee for a defender was the £3.5m paid for Matt Clarke.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3

In contrast, there have been 98 transfer fees of £8m-plus out of the Championship.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2

Fact is, you make more money selling out of the Championship.

I thought Clarke was more than that!

BCWYWF! It was all worth it though apparently

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:25 - Jan 14 with 2096 viewsSuperfrans

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:20 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

I thought Clarke was more than that!

BCWYWF! It was all worth it though apparently

All based on Transfermarkt.co.uk - which is *fairly* reliable, on the whole.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:27 - Jan 14 with 2098 viewsBluefish

The reminder being that my Tranmere tickets just came through the door and look as though someone has designed and printed them at home and had their child cut them out

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:42 - Jan 14 with 2044 viewsMrTown

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:19 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

One minute you question whether the squad is that good, the next you're saying it's got too much quality for this division. That's flip flopping, flipper.

Yes, genuine fans. As in actual, real life Town fans who go to games and don't just troll ITFC fan forums.

I'm not sure that is true or where you have got that from, the stance on Town squad is that diffuclt to assess, some of the squad isn't good enough, some of the squad is too good for the division. Not a tough one to grasp or assess.

"Genuine fans" - I fear you are tolling, don't need to go down that route with a fugazy like yourself, we aren't the same level.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 11:42]

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:47 - Jan 14 with 2029 viewsPJH

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:27 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

The reminder being that my Tranmere tickets just came through the door and look as though someone has designed and printed them at home and had their child cut them out

Yes the Tranmere tickets do look like somebody had some old sheets of blank paper to use up.
Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:49 - Jan 14 with 2019 viewsBluefish

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:47 - Jan 14 by PJH

Yes the Tranmere tickets do look like somebody had some old sheets of blank paper to use up.

One step away from using an old raffle ticket book as match tickets

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:50 - Jan 14 with 2015 viewsHerbivore

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:42 - Jan 14 by MrTown

I'm not sure that is true or where you have got that from, the stance on Town squad is that diffuclt to assess, some of the squad isn't good enough, some of the squad is too good for the division. Not a tough one to grasp or assess.

"Genuine fans" - I fear you are tolling, don't need to go down that route with a fugazy like yourself, we aren't the same level.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 11:42]

We aren't the same level, that's one thing we can agree on. I'm an actual Town fan, you're a troll on a Town forum.

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:55 - Jan 14 with 1989 viewsBluebell

Just a quick message to remind fans that..... on 11:49 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

One step away from using an old raffle ticket book as match tickets

Just looked at ours.

They say 'Ipswich Town Sellable Tickets'. How weird!
We should be, yes...... on 11:56 - Jan 14 with 1979 viewsBlueBadger

We should be, yes...... on 11:14 - Jan 14 by MrTown

'Promoted despite him'

You are so desperate for him to fail, desperate aren't you
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 11:14]

No-one *wants* him to fail, because that would mean we we'll be division three(that he got us relegated to) for longer than we all hoped.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 12:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024