Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? 13:30 - Jan 14 with 1784 viewsSwailsey

Yep, another gym-related post - feel free to block me.

I'm looking for some advice on fitness trackers.

I'm looking for one which:

1) Allows me to 'start' and 'end' a general workout and calculates the number of calories burned

2)Let's me then link that to myfitnesspal and add it to my daily diary

3) Displays the calories burned on the watch itself, not just the app

Seems simple enough, but some of the basic fitbits don't do the above, or just have weird set exercise routines.

I essentially want to go to the gym, set 'go'!, and disappear into doing different workouts without worrying about logging them all separately.

Thank you.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 17:00]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out via PM? (n/t) on 14:09 - Jan 14 with 1746 viewsfactual_blue

I saw 'idiot' and 'PM' in the same sentence and unsurprisingly assumed this was about boris. He is, after all, prone to a fit bit now and then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out via PM? (n/t) on 17:01 - Jan 14 with 1723 viewsSwailsey

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out via PM? (n/t) on 14:09 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

I saw 'idiot' and 'PM' in the same sentence and unsurprisingly assumed this was about boris. He is, after all, prone to a fit bit now and then.

Soz.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 17:04 - Jan 14 with 1715 viewsGeoffSentence

I have a fitbit charge 3.

It is about to be returned for the second time, first time for problems with the screen, now the battery won't hold charge for more than 24 hours.

I am not saying it is a pile of cr@p. No, no siree, just relaying my personal experience.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 1703 viewsGiant_Midget

I have a fitbit Versa, and it does all that you describe.

If you do buy one, make sure its from an approved retailer so you get the warranty, as your likely to need it!
Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 1652 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you have an iPhone then an apple watch does all you have listed plus a whole lot more. And as they bring put a new model each year you can pick up an earlier model quite cheaply from somewhere like CEX.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 1650 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 17:10 - Jan 14 by Giant_Midget

I have a fitbit Versa, and it does all that you describe.

If you do buy one, make sure its from an approved retailer so you get the warranty, as your likely to need it!

Definitely! Keep the warranty! I have had a few FitBits and when they work they are brilliant - but there iseem to be more than the usual share of "Friday Afternoon" items though.

Thing to remember, keep them charged, restart them regularly.

FitBit Versa will do the job nicely - bit of a faff to change the straps though...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 18:37 - Jan 14 with 1635 viewsPlums

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 18:02 - Jan 14 by Ewan_Oozami

Definitely! Keep the warranty! I have had a few FitBits and when they work they are brilliant - but there iseem to be more than the usual share of "Friday Afternoon" items though.

Thing to remember, keep them charged, restart them regularly.

FitBit Versa will do the job nicely - bit of a faff to change the straps though...

Surprised to hear these comments. My wife and I both have Charge 2 and have had no issues after a couple of years of ownership. I now feel lucky!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 19:37 - Jan 14 with 1607 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all.

Been toying between an Apple Watch and those mentioned.

Do you think the below would tick the boxes?

I guess the key thing is making sure I can just start a general workout and check the calories burnt (burned?) and then make sure that syncs up to mfp.

I’m also an obsessive and worry, as I’m sure you’ve gathered..

I found this Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Tracker - Rose Gold, while browsing the Argos Mobile app:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8657565

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 07:44 - Jan 15 with 1513 viewsSwailsey

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 18:37 - Jan 14 by Plums

Surprised to hear these comments. My wife and I both have Charge 2 and have had no issues after a couple of years of ownership. I now feel lucky!

I guess it can be hit or miss. Good to know your’s lasted though!

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 07:52 - Jan 15 with 1505 viewsSikamikanico

I would recommend Garmin over and above all of the others mentioned.

My running group (including trainers and people who have been running 30+ years) swear by them.

They have quite an extensive range.

Fitbits are vastly over rated and having successfully avoided joining the cult of Apple I can't comment on their range
Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 08:27 - Jan 15 with 1482 viewshampstead_blue

Garmin Vivoactive 4.
I've had a couple of the earlier ones in that range and they are really good.

Worth the price.
I use mine for strength, cricket, lifting, loads.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 1473 viewsLesta_Tractor

Don't get a Tom-Tom, good watches but they're no longer supported.

I'd suggest a Garmin Forerunner but not sure how suitable they are for gym based activities.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 08:44 - Jan 15 with 1463 viewsbobbyramsey

I have a fitbit and would love to help......

I'm also an idiot so I can't.

Sorry
Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 08:46 - Jan 15 with 1459 viewschicoazul

Do you mind if I humbly suggest something? Thanks. I think you are over-thinking things a bit. Get into the whole Myfitnesspal stuff in 6 months or so, don't worry about any of that for now. Forget about calories tracking, workout tracking etc. I know you're a gym/workout newbie right? Honestly the best thing you can do is just get in there and get it done, establish a routine that works for you (in terms of when and how often you go, not a routine in the sense of 10 mins on a bike, 20 mins weights etc) , then once you are comfortable start to ramp it up a bit with macro tracking etc. Loads of stuff on dat dere Youtube about it when you're ready.
My two pennorth.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 1433 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 08:46 - Jan 15 by chicoazul

Do you mind if I humbly suggest something? Thanks. I think you are over-thinking things a bit. Get into the whole Myfitnesspal stuff in 6 months or so, don't worry about any of that for now. Forget about calories tracking, workout tracking etc. I know you're a gym/workout newbie right? Honestly the best thing you can do is just get in there and get it done, establish a routine that works for you (in terms of when and how often you go, not a routine in the sense of 10 mins on a bike, 20 mins weights etc) , then once you are comfortable start to ramp it up a bit with macro tracking etc. Loads of stuff on dat dere Youtube about it when you're ready.
My two pennorth.

Good point, well presented.

On that note I am currently watching Mark Rippitoe on YouTube.
His principles of 5 or 6 simple exercises is incredibly transforming. Did loads of me.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 11:26 - Jan 15 with 1407 viewschicoazul

Anyone have a FitBit and want to help an idiot out? on 10:31 - Jan 15 by hampstead_blue

Good point, well presented.

On that note I am currently watching Mark Rippitoe on YouTube.
His principles of 5 or 6 simple exercises is incredibly transforming. Did loads of me.

Yes Rippetoe is very good and Starting Strength is an excellent programme as it's very simple to get started.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024