Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... 14:10 - Jan 14 with 732 viewsunstableblue

... Dozzell would be better. And would prefer Huws to continue.

Skuse is good. But when we have three centre backs behind him, with Wolf and to a lesser extent Chambo able to come out and pass.... we need to feed somone who is going to look forward and pass wide or to Judge. Skuse's passsing is just too conservative I'm afraid.

Anyway, excited about tonight. Rain and wind seem to easing off for the match itself.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:14 - Jan 14 with 714 viewsBlueBadger

Dozzell is too lightweight and drifts in and out of games too much for an important away match.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:16 - Jan 14 with 713 viewsitfcjoe

Strikes me as a game where we may need to win the battle before we can try and beat them on the deck - hopefully Huws can start as he can do both sides - realistically Skuse is better defensively than Huws (but offers very little going forwards) and Dozzell the opposite.

Whatever change we make weakens us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:19 - Jan 14 with 696 viewsrickw

Maybe Bishop will be ready?
Anyway I agree - you don't need some who does what Skuse does in front of 3 centre backs

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:21 - Jan 14 with 681 viewsStokieBlue

Why don't you think Huws will start?

He looked fine on the weekend but this is your second post saying you don't think he will.

SB

Edit: Just saw PL's comments. Let's hope he starts and has a good 60 minutes at least.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 14:22]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:32 - Jan 14 with 643 viewsunstableblue

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:16 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

Strikes me as a game where we may need to win the battle before we can try and beat them on the deck - hopefully Huws can start as he can do both sides - realistically Skuse is better defensively than Huws (but offers very little going forwards) and Dozzell the opposite.

Whatever change we make weakens us

I think one of our problems in the bad run is that when Judge and Norwood get starved of service and isolated. They both react really badly. Frustrated and their energy drifts.

They both thrive on being on the the ball involved. Need to provide them with service. And for Judge higher up the pitch.

Blitzkreig then first, then Skuse to shore it up.

I’m hoping with Huws having been taken off, Lambert was resting him for Tuesday. But did note our leaders presser comments on rest.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Would be concerned about Skuse replacing Huws... on 14:44 - Jan 14 with 616 viewsHerbivore

Dozzell alongside Downes is far too lightweight, we got torn apart at Lincoln starting those two together. Skuse is the one to come in if Huws drops out. One of the most impressive things about Huws in Saturday was his reading of the game and dropping in to cover Woolfy and Chambers when they went forward overlapping. Dozzell won't be able to do that, Skuse will. If we don't have some solidity and defensive cover in the midfield Oxford will exploit that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024