Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years 18:28 - Jan 14 with 2863 viewscarlisleaway

Clarke to Portsmouth
Webster to Bristol City
Woolfenden possibly to Sheffield Utd
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:31 - Jan 14 with 2845 viewshampstead_blue

Enough already.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:33 - Jan 14 with 2834 viewsAlexGreen

Delaney - free
McAuley - free
Smith - free
Berra - free

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:34 - Jan 14 with 2825 viewsDennyx4

You could add Smith and Berra too
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:38 - Jan 14 with 2789 viewsTrequartista

Beattie to Colchester

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:39 - Jan 14 with 2781 viewsallezlesbleus

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:33 - Jan 14 by AlexGreen

Delaney - free
McAuley - free
Smith - free
Berra - free

Always amazes me how many top flight matches Delaney and McAuley played after leaving us...….after a number of our "fans" totally slated them.

Didn't we only get £1m for Butcher?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:43]
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 2767 viewsPlums

Gaardsoe went for half of what we paid for him.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:41]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 2761 viewsagentp

Consider how much we bought Webster for - FROM AN L1 SIDE and then consider how much Sheff Utd are offering us for Woolfenden and you have context.

I hope we can keep him - at least until we know what league we will be in next season, if we get to championship then I am sure his value will soar but until then we are L1 and £3m is about 7 x what we bought Webster for.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:42]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:42 - Jan 14 with 2755 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Herman Hreidarsson £900K but I guess that's what happens if you don't run the club on a proper financial footing.

First, we haven't sold Woolfenden at all let alone for £3M.

Second, we can't simply ignore offers from Premier League clubs for our younger players. If we do, none of our academy players are going to sign contracts. If they agree to pay a decent fee we owe it to the player to at least listen unless we are going to somehow magically pay him the same wages he would get there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:43 - Jan 14 with 2741 viewsHerbivore

Although had we not let Clarke go we may not have got Webster. Not sure we gave Webster away, with add ons and sell on I'm pretty sure we got over £6m for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:47 - Jan 14 with 2717 viewsbadadski

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:39 - Jan 14 by allezlesbleus

Always amazes me how many top flight matches Delaney and McAuley played after leaving us...….after a number of our "fans" totally slated them.

Wolfenden is going nowhere, He is a rising asset, no value in selling now when he will continue to go up in value, especially if we are promoted.

Its not like he is having a one off blinding season. He has always been talented and now having game time is showing his talents.

He will continue to mature and become better and better and selling him now will be losing money straight off the bat and possibly upsetting the balance of the team which could stall promotion.

Evans isn't stupid so knows that holding on is win win. Same with Downs.

Both him and Lambert have said no player is going any where unless silly money is offered. 3 mil isn't silly, its the norm. It would also contradict his 5 year plan and statement less then 3 weeks ago causing massive unrest in the fan base like now.
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:49 - Jan 14 with 2702 viewsTrequartista

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:41 - Jan 14 by Plums

The bigger issue was that Royle replaced him with Georges Santos.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:51 - Jan 14 with 2689 viewsBLUEBEAT

most depressing thread of the day

(he says before kick-off)

Poll: W or W

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 19:07 - Jan 14 with 2633 viewshector_clifford

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:39 - Jan 14 by allezlesbleus

I had got £750,000 in my head for Butcher, but I could be wrong.
I remember Rangers buying numerous English players at the same time like Wilkins, Durie, Trevor Steven, Hateley, Chris Woods and more.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 19:23 - Jan 14 with 2579 viewsvapour_trail

Yeah but in those days you could have made Big Ben bong for a century for that.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 19:30 - Jan 14 with 2551 viewsagentp

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 19:23 - Jan 14 by vapour_trail

Yeah but in those days you could have made Big Ben bong for a century for that.

Quite,

Didn't Mark Hughes go to Barcelona for £2m in the same year?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 21:46 - Jan 14 with 2366 viewsBlue_Moses

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:41 - Jan 14 by Plums

Ah, Thomas. I still have a pair of his shorts in my wardrobe. It's not what you think.
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 22:00 - Jan 14 with 2280 viewsgordon

you can add Toto Nsiala to that list
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 2209 viewsallezlesbleus

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 19:07 - Jan 14 by hector_clifford

I had got £750,000 in my head for Butcher, but I could be wrong.
I remember Rangers buying numerous English players at the same time like Wilkins, Durie, Trevor Steven, Hateley, Chris Woods and more.

Yep, I think you are right with £750k or thereabouts.
Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 00:12 - Jan 15 with 2121 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wasn't even a million was it? Think it was £750,000.

Not defenders but Warky and Mariner went for £600,000 for the pair in the same season. Absolute daylight robbery.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 05:55 - Jan 15 with 2026 viewsParisBlue

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 22:17 - Jan 14 by allezlesbleus

Yep, I think you are right with £750k or thereabouts.

And the same summer Dave Watson went to Everton for £900k

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 1903 viewsElephantintheRoom

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 18:33 - Jan 14 by AlexGreen

Delaney - free
McAuley - free
Smith - free
Berra - free

Butcher to Rangers for £750,000 at the same time Norwich sold Watson to Everton for £900,000

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 1903 viewschicoazul

Delaney - free
McAuley - free
Smith - free
Berra - free

Banter Era.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 08:52 - Jan 15 with 1900 viewschicoazul

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 21:46 - Jan 14 by Blue_Moses

Ah, Thomas. I still have a pair of his shorts in my wardrobe. It's not what you think.

He was so good. He should have played for Real Madrid or Juventues or someone like that, totally serious.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 1891 viewschicoazul

Centre halves we have practically given away over the years on 08:50 - Jan 15 by ElephantintheRoom

Butcher to Rangers for £750,000 at the same time Norwich sold Watson to Everton for £900,000

Terry wanted to go there though and you know what John Kerr was like by then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024