Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meh 22:04 - Jan 14 with 1161 viewsHerbivore

Not much to say about that game really. Conditions were awful. A decent point on balance. Not convinced we look like we've turned a corner ready to push for the top 2 though, we don't create much at all.

Keane looks better as an impact sub, thought we missed Jackson tonight. Norwood sometimes looks like a hungover Sunday league player and today was one of those days. Downes wasn't at his best. Huws decent again for the most part. Judge very hit and miss. Woolfy was a class apart I thought.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Meh on 22:06 - Jan 14 with 1125 viewsLeoMuff

It was a horrible match, conditions stopping any hope of decent football.
Take a point all day considering

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Meh on 22:10 - Jan 14 with 1054 viewsfooters

Norwood really isn't up to that much, is he?

I know service is an issue but he's barely shown the quality of a regular L1 striker, let alone moving up.

Still, not a loss.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Meh on 22:11 - Jan 14 with 1035 viewsclive_baker

Fair assessment although I thought Judge was much more hit than miss, especially allowing for the horrible conditions. He got on the ball and looked to recycle it well and create. He came closest to scoring for us on 2 occasions and swung a great ball over that Edwards tested the keeper from with the header. We looked a little immobile upfront with Jackson absent.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Meh on 22:15 - Jan 14 with 976 viewsGarv

Meh on 22:10 - Jan 14 by footers

I know service is an issue but he's barely shown the quality of a regular L1 striker, let alone moving up.

Still, not a loss.

He’s about goals, and not a whole lot else. But we needed that desperately in the summer.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Meh on 22:15 - Jan 14 with 974 viewsHerbivore

Still, not a loss.

So much of Norwood's game is poor. His movement is decent and that's why he gets chances but there's a lot about him that's just pretty useless. That said, Keane spent most of the night giving away fouls and not a lot else so he didn't really stake a claim either. Jackson for me is fairly key to out attacking play currently.

Meh on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 945 viewsHerbivore

Meh on 22:11 - Jan 14 by clive_baker

Fair assessment although I thought Judge was much more hit than miss, especially allowing for the horrible conditions. He got on the ball and looked to recycle it well and create. He came closest to scoring for us on 2 occasions and swung a great ball over that Edwards tested the keeper from with the header. We looked a little immobile upfront with Jackson absent.

First half he was good, I felt second half he was drifting deep and wide a bit too much and there was too much of a gap between the midfield and forwards as a result. He's playing with a bit more spark though which is good to see. Hard to shine tonight to be fair. Thought Fossu looked good for them, Baptiste as well. Woolfy was the standout for us I thought. Stick another couple of million on the asking price.

Meh on 22:18 - Jan 14 with 932 viewsBluefish

I thought we did alright, again it showed how having the settled team and system allowed us to stay tight. I thought Huws was a big positive, his size is such a plus. A lot of credit for Chambers as well.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 22:18]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Meh on 22:26 - Jan 14 with 885 viewsHerbivore

Meh on 22:18 - Jan 14 by Bluefish

I thought we did alright, again it showed how having the settled team and system allowed us to stay tight. I thought Huws was a big positive, his size is such a plus. A lot of credit for Chambers as well.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 22:18]

Chambers defended well, one defensive header in particular where I was expecting it to be a goal. He did also show why he's maybe not the best option as an overlapping centre back though. Gave it everything but doesn't have enough quality on the ball to give us an attacking threat in the way Woolfy does.

Login to get fewer ads

Meh on 22:38 - Jan 14 with 835 viewsReuser_is_God

Felt we played well before the ‘break’

Second half was turgid. We battled & defended well but couldn’t get anything going in the final third.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Meh on 22:42 - Jan 14 with 800 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Still, not a loss.

10 goals and 1 assist in half a season.

Can we have a few more strikers that aren't up to much please?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meh on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 791 viewsHerbivore

Meh on 22:42 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

8 goals and 6 assists for Jackson, for me he's our key man up top at the minute.

Meh on 22:48 - Jan 14 with 751 viewsFather_Jack

Meh on 22:42 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Norwood is saving himself for Saturday.

Less is more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024