Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really moaning after that? 23:47 - Jan 14 with 4529 viewsSteve_M

Conditions were awful, parts of the pitch was sodden at times and we were playing a decent League One side in better form than us. And yet we controlled the midfield, conceded few chances and created decent opportunities. The only real criticism would be not getting more shots away.

But we look more like a team again rather than the disjointed bunch of players against Gillingham less than a fortnight ago. The belief and intensity is back up and, especially given conditions, that was a good point.

Looked a clear penalty too....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are people really moaning after that? on 00:05 - Jan 15 with 3031 viewslordsambuca

Completely agree.
We adjusted to the conditions better than they did and did not take too many risks given the conditions.

Very encouraging to see Huws play two games in a row and not only use his technical ability but also his physicality to impose himself in the midfield

As you say just really lacking a quality final ball.though I thought Keane battled well throughout with their central defender's without being able to carve out a clear opportunity.
Are people really moaning after that? on 00:58 - Jan 15 with 2961 viewsGuthrum

Are people really moaning after that? on 00:05 - Jan 15 by lordsambuca

Completely agree.
We adjusted to the conditions better than they did and did not take too many risks given the conditions.

Very encouraging to see Huws play two games in a row and not only use his technical ability but also his physicality to impose himself in the midfield

As you say just really lacking a quality final ball.though I thought Keane battled well throughout with their central defender's without being able to carve out a clear opportunity.

Just got home. Agree entirely with both your and Steve's posts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are people really moaning after that? on 02:40 - Jan 15 with 2928 viewsjeera

Having needing to pop outside just to pick up a few plant pots last night that had been blown around, I would like to congratulate anyone who travelled to watch the game.

As for playing out in it, well sod that.

Points shared seems more than fair just for both teams even being out there frankly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are people really moaning after that? on 05:24 - Jan 15 with 2847 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Are people really moaning after that? on 02:40 - Jan 15 by jeera

Having needing to pop outside just to pick up a few plant pots last night that had been blown around, I would like to congratulate anyone who travelled to watch the game.

As for playing out in it, well sod that.

Points shared seems more than fair just for both teams even being out there frankly.

Mmm...

Looks as if you are saying "Well done for participating." Not sure we want to go down that route.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Are people really moaning after that? on 06:35 - Jan 15 with 2733 viewsHerbivore

Not seeing much moaning to be honest, not on the forum. Think most acknowledge that the conditions made it very tough for both sides and it was a decent away point overall. Nothing to really wax lyrical about either though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:04 - Jan 15 with 2679 viewsportmanking

Are people really moaning after that? on 06:35 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Not seeing much moaning to be honest, not on the forum. Think most acknowledge that the conditions made it very tough for both sides and it was a decent away point overall. Nothing to really wax lyrical about either though.

Last night you were bemoaning our lack of creativity which, given the conditions, was frankly bizarre. In those kind of encounters you simply make sure you compete, take at least a point and move on. End of story.
Are people really moaning after that? on 07:15 - Jan 15 with 2660 viewsSitfcB

‘Yeah but it was only Oxford United we should be doing them 6-0 innit.’

Sadly that’s the attitude of some of our fans still. We were much the better team before the break in play, then the break upset the rhythm somewhat.

Clear penalty.

Oxford were then the better team in the second half without any real threat. They didn’t look up for it in the first half as could be seen when they ran inside during the break.

A good solid away point, now let’s hope the Tranmere game goes ahead and we can get three points to consolidate this draw further.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:28 - Jan 15 with 2602 viewsSteve_M

Are people really moaning after that? on 00:58 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

Just got home. Agree entirely with both your and Steve's posts.

Did see you at halftime but not quite close enough to say hello.

Login to get fewer ads

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:30 - Jan 15 with 2597 viewsArnieM

Looking at the pics of the Tranmere pitch, I seriously doubt our game will go ahead ( and it’s still raining). Shame because Town, with a more settled team, are finally showing what a good side they are. Now what they want is a run of games . As we know from experience, “ breaks “, in weekly games go not sit easily with Ipswich Town.

NB: If the game does go ahead vs Tranmere, the pitch will be a great leveller IMO. Not good either.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:32 - Jan 15 with 2595 viewsSteve_M

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:15 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

Sadly that’s the attitude of some of our fans still. We were much the better team before the break in play, then the break upset the rhythm somewhat.

Clear penalty.

Oxford were then the better team in the second half without any real threat. They didn’t look up for it in the first half as could be seen when they ran inside during the break.

A good solid away point, now let’s hope the Tranmere game goes ahead and we can get three points to consolidate this draw further.

The last team I saw that wanted to be playing less was Leicester in the snow.

I thought the break helped build a little love back between players and fans, just some of the positivity from earlier in the season was back rather than stress. Chambers' 'goal' was part of that.

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:46 - Jan 15 with 2548 viewsChrisd

Well said Steve!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:53 - Jan 15 with 2514 viewsOxford_Blue

Agreed. It was a solid team display against a decent league one side at home.

Compared to where we were a few weeks ago.....
Are people really moaning after that? on 07:54 - Jan 15 with 2509 viewsBluebell

Agree Steve. Well said.

I would have accepted one point against Oxford before the game and was happy with one after even though I thought we outplayed them at times.

I think the Ipswich players influenced the ref about playing on. I am sure they didn’t want a replay especially as most Town fans had travelled a fair distance in awful conditions. I doubt the Oxford players wanted to as they were the ones struggling and falling over.
Are people really moaning after that? on 08:00 - Jan 15 with 2489 viewsBloomBlue

Totally agree.
Conditions in that first half made it almost impossible for either side to play any real football.

I'm even more confident now that we'll be promted as champions
Are people really moaning after that? on 08:10 - Jan 15 with 2440 viewsReuser_is_God

Clear penalty.

Yeah, agree with all that Sitters.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:17 - Jan 15 with 2390 viewsIpswichKnight

Hope everyone got back safely the weather was foul driving back to Aldershot as well.

Would agree that we looked the better team in the first half and I still don't know why the ref didn't give a penalty to Norwood, we played the conditions better and created the better chances, 2nd half it leveled up a bit but they never really looked like they would create much, while we struggled a little without the pace of Jackson and couldn't get a proper high tempo press against there pretty average back line.
Are people really moaning after that? on 08:18 - Jan 15 with 2384 viewsTractorWood

Clear penalty.

I think it's good that we sounded the more up for it team despite playing in a storm away at Oxford on a Tuesday night. Shows there is some fire in the belly. Onwards.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:27 - Jan 15 with 2353 viewsSuperfrans

Totally agree. You come out of games like that, in conditions like that, grateful with *anything* you have. I don't tend to subscribe to the Mick McCarthy, "I'll take away a point in my back pocket". If we come out without any injuries, that will also be a massive bonus. I was concerned with Keane after about 30 mins or so. Did he turn his ankle or something? He was limping for quite a while.

No changes from Lincoln to Accrington, just 1 change from Accrington to last night.
We seem to have stumbled onto a first team line-up and formation, with various of our big name players coming into form - including Judge, Huws, Keane, Norwood, Edwards etc etc.

I feel pretty optimistic after those last three matches. Just wish the Tranmere game was on this Saturday - but somehow I doubt it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:42 - Jan 15 with 2301 viewsHerbivore

Are people really moaning after that? on 07:04 - Jan 15 by portmanking

Last night you were bemoaning our lack of creativity which, given the conditions, was frankly bizarre. In those kind of encounters you simply make sure you compete, take at least a point and move on. End of story.

Well yeah, creating nothing is disappointing. Oxford managed to create a few opportunities despite the conditions whereas their keeper had nothing to do. It was hardly a moan fest though and people acknowledged it was a decent point in those conditions. Are we not allowed any critique at all of performances anymore?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 8:44]

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 2269 viewsportmanking

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:42 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Well yeah, creating nothing is disappointing. Oxford managed to create a few opportunities despite the conditions whereas their keeper had nothing to do. It was hardly a moan fest though and people acknowledged it was a decent point in those conditions. Are we not allowed any critique at all of performances anymore?

You can critique, but you're critiquing for critique's sake. There's no need to look too deeply into this game. We turned up, competed, had greater desire and physicality than Oxford in god-awful conditions and were hard to beat. I don't know if you've ever played football at any level, but any player would have been simply relieved to get off that pitch last night unbeaten.

Take the point, move on and look to another big game on Saturday.
Are people really moaning after that? on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 2257 viewsHerbivore

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:50 - Jan 15 by portmanking

You can critique, but you're critiquing for critique's sake. There's no need to look too deeply into this game. We turned up, competed, had greater desire and physicality than Oxford in god-awful conditions and were hard to beat. I don't know if you've ever played football at any level, but any player would have been simply relieved to get off that pitch last night unbeaten.

Take the point, move on and look to another big game on Saturday.

I am critiquing an issue that has been a recurring theme for us over the past three months. Accrington aside we don't really create chances. Yes conditions were tough, yes we competed well. Great, all good on the competing well front. On the creating chances front though we were lacking and for all the talk that we were better than Oxford I always felt they looked more likely to bag a goal than us. That's hardly moaning, it's just assessing our performance.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 8:55]

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 2242 viewsportmanking

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:54 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I am critiquing an issue that has been a recurring theme for us over the past three months. Accrington aside we don't really create chances. Yes conditions were tough, yes we competed well. Great, all good on the competing well front. On the creating chances front though we were lacking and for all the talk that we were better than Oxford I always felt they looked more likely to bag a goal than us. That's hardly moaning, it's just assessing our performance.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 8:55]

Jheeeez. Last night was an anomaly in terms of playing conditions. We could have folded and caved in. We didn't. Just be glad for this and hope our regained confidence and stability stands us in good stead for tougher tests (in better weather) in Feb.
Are people really moaning after that? on 09:03 - Jan 15 with 2205 viewsSuperfrans

Are people really moaning after that? on 08:42 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

The statistics indicate that it was a very even game, as you'd expect given the conditions. They had marginally more shots, accurate shots and aerial wins, we had marginally more possession, tackles and passes. To be clear, the differences were only marginal.

Anyone taking a pop at us based on last night is either a fool or has an agenda.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Are people really moaning after that? on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 2169 viewsHerbivore

Are people really moaning after that? on 09:03 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

The statistics indicate that it was a very even game, as you'd expect given the conditions. They had marginally more shots, accurate shots and aerial wins, we had marginally more possession, tackles and passes. To be clear, the differences were only marginal.

Anyone taking a pop at us based on last night is either a fool or has an agenda.

I actually watched the game rather than just look at the stats. We competed well but didn't look like scoring. That's hardly having a pop, it's a reasonable assessment of our performance. Anyone claiming that a reasonable assessment of a performance is having a pop is either a fool or has an agenda.

Are people really moaning after that? on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 2167 viewsportmanking

Are people really moaning after that? on 09:11 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I actually watched the game rather than just look at the stats. We competed well but didn't look like scoring. That's hardly having a pop, it's a reasonable assessment of our performance. Anyone claiming that a reasonable assessment of a performance is having a pop is either a fool or has an agenda.

Naturally, your description of your assessment as "reasonable" is entirely subjective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024