Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone here ever presented 10:40 - Jan 16 with 2783 viewschicoazul

....their birth certificate during an interview, or been asked to? Specifically during the interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51119914

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 2751 viewsMJallday

Once bizarrely

About 8 years ago for some tech company in Tewkesbury

Thought it was weird at the time

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:45 - Jan 16 with 2741 viewschicoazul

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:44 - Jan 16 by MJallday

Once bizarrely

About 8 years ago for some tech company in Tewkesbury

Thought it was weird at the time

During the interview? Not before or after? Interesting thanks. I work in recruitment and have never in 15 years heard of someone being asked for it during the interview. Before or after yes, often.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 2727 viewsMJallday

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:45 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

During the interview? Not before or after? Interesting thanks. I work in recruitment and have never in 15 years heard of someone being asked for it during the interview. Before or after yes, often.

To bring it along as a form of Id as well as passport and driving license

I’d have thought 1 of them would have been ok but they wanted 3 out of the 3

Never got it but tbh it sounded crap anyway

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 2719 viewsGuthrum

No. Especially odd given it was only a temporary Christmas shop job. But I suppose it's an outworking of the rules the government brought in about employers' responsibility for not hiring illegal immigrants.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2697 viewsfooters

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:50 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

No. Especially odd given it was only a temporary Christmas shop job. But I suppose it's an outworking of the rules the government brought in about employers' responsibility for not hiring illegal immigrants.

Perhaps it has something to do with the import/export of goods and freedom of movement between the UK and Ireland post-Brexit? Sort of certificate of origin document requirement?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2697 viewschicoazul

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:50 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

You have to present your eligibility to work in the UK when you start a new job and it is often a condition of accepting a job offer. I have never heard of any company asking for it during an interview. This and the "anonymous email" makes me go a bit

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 with 2682 viewsBiGDonnie

Are you in the IT rec industry by any chance? If so, I've got a candidate you can have...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 with 2678 viewshampstead_blue

Is that not discriminatory to ask someone's DOB during the interview process?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 with 2676 viewschicoazul

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 by BiGDonnie

Are you in the IT rec industry by any chance? If so, I've got a candidate you can have...

No brother sorry. That industry is full of sharks (no offence Cal).

Has anyone here ever presented on 11:00 - Jan 16 with 2663 viewschicoazul

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 by hampstead_blue

Is that not discriminatory to ask someone's DOB during the interview process?

No. It is illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of protected characteristics. You can *ask* what you like but it may be very ill-advised to do so. However you will find very often when/before you join a company you will have a form to fill out that asks you to confirm your gender, DOB, sexuality etc (all with rather not say options) and HR will say they collect this information in order to help the company monitor things like diversity.

Has anyone here ever presented on 11:01 - Jan 16 with 2660 viewsBiGDonnie

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

I'm in Education - we're honest recruiters ;o)

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Has anyone here ever presented on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 2641 viewsBrixtonBlue

You work in recruitment? Suddenly things make sense.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Has anyone here ever presented on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 2631 viewsGuthrum

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:53 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

You have to present your eligibility to work in the UK when you start a new job and it is often a condition of accepting a job offer. I have never heard of any company asking for it during an interview. This and the "anonymous email" makes me go a bit

Possibly if she didn't have a passport or any other form of eligibility ID. But it does sound rather dubious.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has anyone here ever presented on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 2565 viewsDanTheMan

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:57 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Full of sharks who don't apparently read any of your information... Frustratingly.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Has anyone here ever presented on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 2455 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone here ever presented on 10:53 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

I could understand in a temporary job, with probably a quick start date they want everything at the start so they don't have any timewasters which could scupper plans.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has anyone here ever presented on 13:09 - Jan 16 with 2431 viewsNthQldITFC

I've got mine tattooed on me knob, so no.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has anyone here ever presented on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 2307 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much every NHS job interview I've ever had - mainly because they ask for two forms of ID plus proof of professional credentials and my BC is usually the easiest piece of paperwork like that to find.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has anyone here ever presented on 17:59 - Jan 16 with 2302 viewsvapour_trail

Has anyone here ever presented on 13:09 - Jan 16 by NthQldITFC

I've got mine tattooed on me knob, so no.

In Roman numerals I assume.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Has anyone here ever presented on 19:03 - Jan 16 with 2262 viewsNthQldITFC

Has anyone here ever presented on 17:59 - Jan 16 by vapour_trail

In Roman numerals I assume.

A microdot actually, to prevent identity theft.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has anyone here ever presented on 20:08 - Jan 16 with 2199 viewsOxford_Blue

Any employer stupid enough to ask for it is then going to have to prove that they didn’t discriminate if you didn’t get the job but gave it to someone younger.
Has anyone here ever presented on 20:14 - Jan 16 with 2190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has anyone here ever presented on 12:57 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I could understand in a temporary job, with probably a quick start date they want everything at the start so they don't have any timewasters which could scupper plans.

Might be that. They’d have to do a Right to Work check, and might have been doing the interview and sorting out paperwork at the same time. Birth Certificates are on the list of eligible documents, so could just be that was the most convenient document to hand.

The BC isn’t really the issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024