Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was at St Mary's today 16:02 - Jan 16 with 1646 viewshype313

Another soulless bowl ticked off, didn't even need to watch a game, also that stadium could do with a lick of paint, surprised how shabby it looked given how newish it is.

Also got me thinking about Le Tiss (who incidentally is doing a after dinner talk at Greshams) and how I can't remember him playing at PR, I'm sure he did but either my memory is getting worse or he did and didn't make a huge impression, anyone remember him playing and tearing us apart?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Was at St Mary's today on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 1622 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Looking back, I would guess that Le Tiss rarely tore teams apart, he wasnt a dynamic player.

I imagine he was anonymous for 4 out of 5 matches, and would score a worldy in the others.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Was at St Mary's today on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 1611 viewshype313

Was at St Mary's today on 16:05 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Looking back, I would guess that Le Tiss rarely tore teams apart, he wasnt a dynamic player.

I imagine he was anonymous for 4 out of 5 matches, and would score a worldy in the others.

Tend to agree, he was a player that could turn a game around in an instant but was anonymous the rest of the time, which is probably why I don't remember, as he obviously didn't score any worldy's against us.

Was at St Mary's today on 16:11 - Jan 16 with 1597 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nearly 20 years old, so not surprising it look a bit tired if Clegg hasn't visited lately.

Are you visiting them all?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was at St Mary's today on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 1586 viewsitfcjoe

It's nearly 20 years old, went there a lot as a student in the early 2000's.

It seemed to have a better atmosphere than a lot of the bowls, not a bad ground to watch footy at - went there last year as was in the New Forest and presumably saw Will Norris play for Wolves as they disposed of the Saints

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was at St Mary's today on 16:15 - Jan 16 with 1576 viewsGeoffSentence

My only live experience of watching Le Tiss that I can remember was with a Southampton fan in the home end at Upton Park as we lived just round the corner.

I can remember sod all about the game or his performance but what does stick in my memory is one West Ham fan who hollered "Oi Le Tissier, You're fat" every time he was on the ball near the West Ham goal.

That fan was something of a hypocrite though, being an almighty lardarse with a fist full of pie.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Was at St Mary's today on 16:22 - Jan 16 with 1553 viewshype313

Was at St Mary's today on 16:13 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

It's nearly 20 years old, went there a lot as a student in the early 2000's.

It seemed to have a better atmosphere than a lot of the bowls, not a bad ground to watch footy at - went there last year as was in the New Forest and presumably saw Will Norris play for Wolves as they disposed of the Saints

Christ 20 years has flown by then! For some reason I thought it was later than that.

Was at St Mary's today on 18:10 - Jan 16 with 1423 viewsITFC_Forever

Can’t tick it off if you haven’t watched a competitive game there. (Friendlies don’t count).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Was at St Mary's today on 18:14 - Jan 16 with 1418 viewsFunge

We played them in 94/95 - we were fcking dreadful.

Le Tiss took a corner in front of the North Stand (Pioneer side), slipped, and kicked the corner flag out. The best corner seen there until Larsen Toure's effort.

EDIT - I think we won 2-1 and Lee Chapman scored. Perhaps Grobbelaar was in goal for them?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 18:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Was at St Mary's today on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 1353 viewsTrumptonBlue

Was at St Mary's today on 18:14 - Jan 16 by Funge

Le Tiss took a corner in front of the North Stand (Pioneer side), slipped, and kicked the corner flag out. The best corner seen there until Larsen Toure's effort.

EDIT - I think we won 2-1 and Lee Chapman scored. Perhaps Grobbelaar was in goal for them?

We'd successfully put Le Tiss off by commenting on the size of his nose, as I recall.
Was at St Mary's today on 19:56 - Jan 16 with 1293 viewswitchdoctor

Was at St Mary's today on 18:14 - Jan 16 by Funge

ha ha...I was about to post that..
Was at St Mary's today on 20:27 - Jan 16 with 1264 viewsfactual_blue

A typical Le Tissier season was him faffing around or not playing at all until February, when he'd wake up and again save Southampton from relegation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Was at St Mary's today on 20:34 - Jan 16 with 1250 viewsolimar

Was at St Mary's today on 18:10 - Jan 16 by ITFC_Forever

Can’t tick it off if you haven’t watched a competitive game there. (Friendlies don’t count).

Agreed (Agreed).
Was at St Mary's today on 21:14 - Jan 16 with 1204 viewsitfcjoe

Was at St Mary's today on 20:34 - Jan 16 by olimar

Agreed (Agreed).

Friendlies count, as do youth and reserve games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was at St Mary's today on 21:29 - Jan 16 with 1183 viewsgainsboroughblue

We played them twice in 90/91 season.

At home in league cup and lost 2-0 and away in the FA Cup where he was taunted with 'You'll never play for England'.

As for the Premier League games, I have no memory other than the corner flag kicking game alluded to earlier.

There was an absolute stinker of a 0-0 draw the season before from memory, of which there were many in the McGiven days.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024