Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Derby news 17:42 - Jan 16 with 4792 viewsSteve_M

This will be interesting, normally clubs that overspend like that at least get promoted and are out of reach of the EFL.

No doubt they'll bottle it though.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 17:48]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

More Derby news on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 4431 viewsHerbivore

Should be a transfer embargo and points deduction but I'm expecting a fine that they won't ever pay.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More Derby news on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 4332 viewsbrazil1982

Just shows when your team moves a division you don't notice Derby are 17th. Blimey, how much have they poured in over the years?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 18:13]
More Derby news on 18:21 - Jan 16 with 4277 viewsHipsterectomy

Should Bournemouth go down aren't they awaiting punishment for breaking FFP? I think I remember they were found guilty of breaking it when they went up

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

More Derby news on 18:25 - Jan 16 with 4247 viewsDubtractor

More Derby news on 18:21 - Jan 16 by Hipsterectomy

Should Bournemouth go down aren't they awaiting punishment for breaking FFP? I think I remember they were found guilty of breaking it when they went up

Bournemouth are odd, they obviously overstretched (though not in the same league as Derby!) to get up, but feels as though they have been overly conservative with their spend since getting there.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

More Derby news on 18:28 - Jan 16 with 4214 viewsHipsterectomy

More Derby news on 18:25 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

Bournemouth are odd, they obviously overstretched (though not in the same league as Derby!) to get up, but feels as though they have been overly conservative with their spend since getting there.

They are also hampered by loss-making as they only have a 11,000 stadium

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

More Derby news on 18:30 - Jan 16 with 4196 viewsHerbivore

Really? Bournemouth have spent pretty big I thought. They chucked £8.5m straight at us for Mings when they went up back when £8.5m for a Championship defender was a lot of money. They've had a number of deals around the £20m mark I believe.

More Derby news on 18:31 - Jan 16 with 4190 viewssparks

The FFP is over three years anyway

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

More Derby news on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 4164 viewsDubtractor

More Derby news on 18:30 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Really? Bournemouth have spent pretty big I thought. They chucked £8.5m straight at us for Mings when they went up back when £8.5m for a Championship defender was a lot of money. They've had a number of deals around the £20m mark I believe.

I might be wrong, but compared with the rest of the division I didn't think their spending has been that big.

As I say, happy to be corrected though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Login to get fewer ads

More Derby news on 18:42 - Jan 16 with 4111 viewsvapour_trail

More Derby news on 18:36 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

I might be wrong, but compared with the rest of the division I didn't think their spending has been that big.

As I say, happy to be corrected though.

According to this top half of current PL on both gross and net over five years.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More Derby news on 19:14 - Jan 16 with 3976 viewshampstead_blue

More Derby news on 18:13 - Jan 16 by brazil1982

Just shows when your team moves a division you don't notice Derby are 17th. Blimey, how much have they poured in over the years?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 18:13]

it proves, if it were required, that throwing money at a team will not work.

We are so lucky to have ME. Just look at the basket cases of teams who chuck money at promotion.....nothing happens. Players and agents get rich. Clubs and fans suffer.

ME is a wonderful owner and we ought to be grateful.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

More Derby news on 19:31 - Jan 16 with 3897 viewsHerbivore

More Derby news on 18:42 - Jan 16 by vapour_trail

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

That tallies with my sense of their spending.

More Derby news on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 3804 viewsblueconscience

More Derby news on 19:14 - Jan 16 by hampstead_blue

We are so lucky to have ME. Just look at the basket cases of teams who chuck money at promotion.....nothing happens. Players and agents get rich. Clubs and fans suffer.

“We are so lucky to have ME”

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

More Derby news on 19:54 - Jan 16 with 3779 viewsParisBlue

More Derby news on 18:21 - Jan 16 by Hipsterectomy

I think they paid a fine to clear any danger of FFP.

However they've spent a lot....and not particularly well (Solanke, Jordan I've). Whilst they've been in the Prem for 5 years half of their team last weekend was with them when they were promoted and they've not invested in infrastructure (no new ground or training ground)

If they go down I think they'll struggle. Shame....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

More Derby news on 20:03 - Jan 16 with 3737 viewsMullet

I'm wondering if any more gambling companies are lined up to pay wages or buy more of the ground or whatever?

One of several clubs that should be crushed and binned down to the 8th tier or so until hey sort it out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More Derby news on 20:20 - Jan 16 with 3664 viewsArnieM

More Derby news on 19:48 - Jan 16 by blueconscience

“We are so lucky to have ME”

Which part of ....”Town would not exist now had Evans not bought the Club When he did,” do you not quite get ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

More Derby news on 20:41 - Jan 16 with 3563 viewsbraveblue

More Derby news on 18:30 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

They get a lot more than that every year.
More Derby news on 20:55 - Jan 16 with 3510 viewsDubtractor

More Derby news on 18:42 - Jan 16 by vapour_trail

Fair enough. In which case they have spent their money really fooking badly.

More Derby news on 21:07 - Jan 16 with 3481 viewsElderGrizzly

More Derby news on 20:03 - Jan 16 by Mullet

I'm wondering if any more gambling companies are lined up to pay wages or buy more of the ground or whatever?

One of several clubs that should be crushed and binned down to the 8th tier or so until hey sort it out.

Will be a minimum of 9pt deduction and a fine.

Could be a bigger deduction if EFL consider the Morris ‘deal’ to be deliberately misleading
More Derby news on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 3443 viewsblueconscience

More Derby news on 20:20 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

Which part of ....”Town would not exist now had Evans not bought the Club When he did,” do you not quite get ?

So Evans was the only potential owner in the world at the time?

The state the club is in, it won’t be long until we go out of business with him in charge anyway. The club certainly won’t progress whilst he owns it.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 21:15]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

More Derby news on 21:14 - Jan 16 with 3420 viewssparks

More Derby news on 20:55 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

Fair enough. In which case they have spent their money really fooking badly.

Its ordered by net spend over 5 years.

Unsurprisingly, the clubs who have not been in the prem for that entire period have spent less in that period. And Liverpool- due to a couple of big sales are actually lower- which is absurd given what they must spend on wages and their starting point.

That table isnt really a fair or useful comparison.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

More Derby news on 21:17 - Jan 16 with 3395 viewsvapour_trail

More Derby news on 21:14 - Jan 16 by sparks

Its ordered by net spend over 5 years.

Unsurprisingly, the clubs who have not been in the prem for that entire period have spent less in that period. And Liverpool- due to a couple of big sales are actually lower- which is absurd given what they must spend on wages and their starting point.

That table isnt really a fair or useful comparison.

There’s clubs that have gone down that have spent big. That’s spin. Bournemouth have spent a fair amount without going crazy.

Liverpool sold coutinho for 140 something million.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More Derby news on 23:15 - Jan 16 with 3215 viewsHerbivore

More Derby news on 20:41 - Jan 16 by braveblue

They get a lot more than that every year.

Their last set of annual accounts showed a loss of £11m.

More Derby news on 01:39 - Jan 17 with 3111 viewsStNeotsBlue

More Derby news on 19:14 - Jan 16 by hampstead_blue

Worked for Wolves. I think it is a bit of a over statement to claim he's wonderful and we're lucky to have him. He's spent a load of dough without a doubt but he hasn't spent it wisely. His chance of glory was the Play Off year and he stuck rather then twist.
More Derby news on 03:45 - Jan 17 with 3047 viewsWeWereZombies

More Derby news on 20:20 - Jan 16 by ArnieM

Probably the speculative part of that statement, i.e. all of it.

[edit] There is more on this story from a current BBC news item:

BBC News - Derby County: Championship club charged for breach of spending rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

Mullet's point about the purchase of valuable real estate by the owners of clubs may not be applicable to Town (we hope) but the links to gambling unfortunately are.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 4:36]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

More Derby news on 07:50 - Jan 17 with 2854 viewsTractorgirlforever

More Derby news on 03:45 - Jan 17 by WeWereZombies

Probably the speculative part of that statement, i.e. all of it.

[edit] There is more on this story from a current BBC news item:

BBC News - Derby County: Championship club charged for breach of spending rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

Mullet's point about the purchase of valuable real estate by the owners of clubs may not be applicable to Town (we hope) but the links to gambling unfortunately are.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 4:36]

I live in derby so see and hear alot about their current situation, i secretly smile to myself!.. the big mistake they made was getting in all of their best players from last season on loan, due to the lampard connections, but when they failed to get promotion and the loan players left, then lampard left ,they were left with a very average championship squad that will no way be anywhere near the playoffs at the end of the season. I see what the other poster meant in the comment about us being lucky to have marcus evans, clubs like ours really need to build for the future and we are a fine example of a club doing that, .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024