Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pontins in Lowestoft 22:06 - Jan 16 with 2111 viewsitfcjoe

Kids not welcome

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/pontins-bans-children-resor

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:09 - Jan 16 with 2064 viewsclive_baker

Bizarre

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:09 - Jan 16 with 2083 viewsJ2BLUE

This has caused considerable outrage amongst the women in my family. My mum's side of the family have been meeting up there for about 50 years. In the past it was several times a year. In recent years just once or twice as everyone agrees it's crap but it still has good memories.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:12 - Jan 16 with 2055 viewsfooters

*Pakefield.

My uncle, who owned one of the largest caravan park companies before retiring this year, visited the site on a few occasions and deemed it not worthy of purchase when it was up for sale. It has been deteriorating for many years, with no one seemingly willing to stump up to make the necessary improvements. It's now a v grubby site without much to recommend it. That's a shame given the parks and staycation facilities the Suffolk coast used to offer.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 22:16]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:13 - Jan 16 with 2048 viewsjeera

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:09 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

This has caused considerable outrage amongst the women in my family. My mum's side of the family have been meeting up there for about 50 years. In the past it was several times a year. In recent years just once or twice as everyone agrees it's crap but it still has good memories.

To be fair mate it does sound as though they will still be allowed in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:13 - Jan 16 with 2046 viewsElderGrizzly

To be honest, I didn't realise Pontins was still going. Assumed it had gone the way of Wimpy and Woolworths!
Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:18 - Jan 16 with 2002 viewsJ2BLUE

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:13 - Jan 16 by jeera

To be fair mate it does sound as though they will still be allowed in.

The kids won't and the younger families were the ones badgering everyone to go back year after year.

By the way, I am a multi time Pontins youth pool champion (the weekly competitions, not the serious stuff).

One year I lost in the final to a kid called Asa. The next year he was there again and I beat him in the final. Good times.

Truly impaired.

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 1985 viewsSWGF

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:13 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

To be honest, I didn't realise Pontins was still going. Assumed it had gone the way of Wimpy and Woolworths!

There's a Wimpy in Colchester High St

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:22 - Jan 16 with 1977 viewsJ2BLUE

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:21 - Jan 16 by SWGF

There's one in Felixstowe isn't there?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:22 - Jan 16 with 1977 viewsGeoffSentence

Wimpy is still going.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:24 - Jan 16 with 1968 viewsfooters

One in Watney market, Whitechapel too. Not sure how much call there is for an All-Pork Bender there tho ;)

Lowestoft branch shut.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:30 - Jan 16 with 1943 viewsmonytowbray

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:22 - Jan 16 by GeoffSentence

Wimpy is still going.

How I do not know, foul food.

I went to Butlins in Bognor for a stag do 3 odd years back. We got told we weren’t allowed back. Apparently the sofa is supposed to stay in the room.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:31 - Jan 16 with 1937 viewsElderGrizzly

That doesn’t say much for Colchester I guess
Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:32 - Jan 16 with 1940 viewsitfcjoe

It’s sad, good times there as a kid - you’d have hoped with all the climate stuff and flights becoming less attractive that UK holiday parks would start picking up again.

It looked run down when went past it a few weeks back, but must make more money in adult weekends

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:37 - Jan 16 with 1907 viewsjeera

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:18 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

The kids won't and the younger families were the ones badgering everyone to go back year after year.

By the way, I am a multi time Pontins youth pool champion (the weekly competitions, not the serious stuff).

One year I lost in the final to a kid called Asa. The next year he was there again and I beat him in the final. Good times.

I won Prince of the Week there when I was 4 or 5.

The compere tried to make me kiss the little girl who won the Princess title and I cried.*

Then I had to wear this fecking sash thing for the whole week whilst getting glares from an older kid who'd been the previous winner.

To make things worse he'd just won the Tarzan competition and had muscles, which wasn't right for an 8 year old.

*The pressure just got to me so I have some insight of what Harry's going through atm.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 22:40]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 00:52 - Jan 17 with 1784 viewsPinewoodblue

Suffice to say Pontins are owned by Britannia Hotels, probably the worst hotel chain in the UK.

This is an opinion that not everyone may agree with.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:11 - Jan 17 with 1518 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I get why people that use the place are frustrated but what was the alternative - closure presumably?

Can’t see the adults only approach being a success - the Butlins weekenders are fantastic but basically Pontins need to absolutely nail it in year one otherwise it’ll basically be tagged as a sh*t version of Butlins and die on the spot

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:26 - Jan 17 with 1496 viewsElephantintheRoom

Excellent idea.

I guess some of you dont get out much - but kids dont play any more.... they scream - and scream and scream again. A caravan park full of screaming kids must be pretty awful

Pontins clearly feel they can rip more money off their punters by making it adults only.... and clearly there's a grey market for this sort of thing....especially post Brexit.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:37 - Jan 17 with 1480 viewsusm

Pontins in Lowestoft on 22:22 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

There's one in Felixstowe isn't there?

and Maldon

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:43 - Jan 17 with 1473 viewsmonytowbray

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:26 - Jan 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Excellent idea.

I guess some of you dont get out much - but kids dont play any more.... they scream - and scream and scream again. A caravan park full of screaming kids must be pretty awful

Pontins clearly feel they can rip more money off their punters by making it adults only.... and clearly there's a grey market for this sort of thing....especially post Brexit.

I wonder if you'll get half as much stick for this statement as I did from the mob on here? My odds, probably not.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 1468 viewsHerbivore

Wimpy still exists.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pontins in Lowestoft on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 1441 viewsJ2BLUE

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:43 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

I wonder if you'll get half as much stick for this statement as I did from the mob on here? My odds, probably not.

It's true though. There's nothing worse than having to deal with other people's kids.

Kids screaming constantly (and being encouraged to scream) was one of the major reasons my family dropped down to once a year. Apparently the music etc was always much louder when the kids were there and when it's adults only it's toned down quite a bit.

Truly impaired.

Pontins in Lowestoft on 14:23 - Jan 17 with 1344 viewsflimflam

Pontins in Lowestoft on 10:11 - Jan 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I get why people that use the place are frustrated but what was the alternative - closure presumably?

Can’t see the adults only approach being a success - the Butlins weekenders are fantastic but basically Pontins need to absolutely nail it in year one otherwise it’ll basically be tagged as a sh*t version of Butlins and die on the spot

They already do lots of adult weekends so guess they know the profits for a couple of thousand boozed up adults trump a couple thousand adults with kids.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Pontins in Lowestoft on 15:05 - Jan 17 with 1316 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pontins in Lowestoft on 14:23 - Jan 17 by flimflam

They already do lots of adult weekends so guess they know the profits for a couple of thousand boozed up adults trump a couple thousand adults with kids.

Bit different doing the odd one and it permanently being the case though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024