Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. 22:34 - Jan 16 with 3512 viewsunstableblue

..,, that was transformed by Twitter

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jan/15/twitter-brings-1000-pounds-worth-o

And the bookshop owner just seemed familiar..,..

Because he danced on top of the Cobbold executive boxes with a bell..,. Yes it’s Pompeys nutty fan:

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 22:36 - Jan 16 with 3474 viewsmonytowbray

He’s the most annoying fan in English Football.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 22:41 - Jan 16 with 3440 viewsallezlesbleus

Yeah, just saw that.
I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 00:42 - Jan 17 with 3378 viewsHciwspi

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 22:36 - Jan 16 by monytowbray

He's not annoying at all. He's just very passionate about his team. He actually came across really well on the interview and his shop looks great. Proper bookshop with lots of nooks and crannies to explore!
I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 00:46 - Jan 17 with 3367 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 00:42 - Jan 17 by Hciwspi

He's not annoying at all. He's just very passionate about his team. He actually came across really well on the interview and his shop looks great. Proper bookshop with lots of nooks and crannies to explore!

Johnny-Come-Lately who regularly annoys the fans around him shouting offensive nonsense.

And I say that as someone who knows a lot of Pompey fans and has spent 90 minutes within clear ear shot of him.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 07:42 - Jan 17 with 3227 viewsGaryCooper

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 00:46 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

Johnny-Come-Lately who regularly annoys the fans around him shouting offensive nonsense.

And I say that as someone who knows a lot of Pompey fans and has spent 90 minutes within clear ear shot of him.

'Johnny-Come-Lately' Care to define this please?
I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 07:46 - Jan 17 with 3221 viewsFunge

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 00:46 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

TBF Callis he was jumping on the roof of the Cobbold boxes in 2003. Not sure if the Johnny Come Lately tag applies here.
I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 07:48 - Jan 17 with 3215 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 22:36 - Jan 16 by monytowbray

Worse than the bloke who used to follow Town home and away dressed up as a taco?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:28 - Jan 17 with 3155 viewsBlueBadger

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 07:42 - Jan 17 by GaryCooper

'Johnny-Come-Lately' Care to define this please?

'Someone is enjoying themselves at football and I don't like it' seems to be the standard definition.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:32 - Jan 17 with 3145 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:28 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

'Someone is enjoying themselves at football and I don't like it' seems to be the standard definition.

Perhaps you need to spend a game in the same stand as him or talk to some Portsmouth fans about him.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:38 - Jan 17 with 3142 viewsitfcjoe

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:32 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

Perhaps you need to spend a game in the same stand as him or talk to some Portsmouth fans about him.

Yeah, the bloke is a nob and an embarrassment to them.

It's making a show of himself at the detriment of others enjoyment of the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:42 - Jan 17 with 3131 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 10:38 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Yeah, the bloke is a nob and an embarrassment to them.

It's making a show of himself at the detriment of others enjoyment of the game

I imagine bumping into him at a service station half cut already at 11am on a Saturday is a great laugh when you only have to say hello to him and pose for a selfie. When you have to hear the drunken nonsense he shouts for 90+ minutes a week it's not so much fun.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:00 - Jan 17 with 3102 viewsmonytowbray

I asked my Pompey mate who’s sat near him for years to explain better than I can why he’s awful. C+P but here you all go...

“He thinks he's the voice of the fans but what he actually is is the voice of the worst kind of fans, the kind who openly believe that football is exclusively for working class white men. He'll spend half the match shouting about why he hates the PC brigade, despite going completely unchecked when he sings songs about why women and kids shouldn't be allowed in the ground because 'Portsmouth is a geezer's club'. He constantly sings both mysoginistic and homophobic songs (recently 'you're just a gay pink poof','does your boyfriend know you're here' and 'is he a man or a woman? Does he have a dick or a fanny?' all because a goalkeeper was wearing pink). He'll rant about muslims being terrorists and make constant comments about black players ('He should be quick, he's used to running away from lions' etc). He's an obnoxious piece of sh1t who is loathed by the majority of fans but is tolerated by the club because if they ban him then he becomes a martyr for his gang of idiot cronies. All this on top of the fact he never sees the first 15-20 minutes of any match because he's in the pub and then spends the whole time he's there basically calling other fans johnny come latelies and part-time fans (despite the fact the Fratton end is 100% season ticket holders). And finally he kills the atmosphere by ringing his bell and getting his drummer mate to just sing stupid 'lalalalala' songs, which instantly drowns out any attempts at singing new songs. If anyone wants to start a new song they basically have to get his approval.”
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:01]

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:03 - Jan 17 with 3091 viewscatch74

It’s 20 minutes away from me. Would you all like me to go and do a TWTD interview? Or Daily Mail undercover scout?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 3089 viewsReuser_is_God

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:00 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

I asked my Pompey mate who’s sat near him for years to explain better than I can why he’s awful. C+P but here you all go...

“He thinks he's the voice of the fans but what he actually is is the voice of the worst kind of fans, the kind who openly believe that football is exclusively for working class white men. He'll spend half the match shouting about why he hates the PC brigade, despite going completely unchecked when he sings songs about why women and kids shouldn't be allowed in the ground because 'Portsmouth is a geezer's club'. He constantly sings both mysoginistic and homophobic songs (recently 'you're just a gay pink poof','does your boyfriend know you're here' and 'is he a man or a woman? Does he have a dick or a fanny?' all because a goalkeeper was wearing pink). He'll rant about muslims being terrorists and make constant comments about black players ('He should be quick, he's used to running away from lions' etc). He's an obnoxious piece of sh1t who is loathed by the majority of fans but is tolerated by the club because if they ban him then he becomes a martyr for his gang of idiot cronies. All this on top of the fact he never sees the first 15-20 minutes of any match because he's in the pub and then spends the whole time he's there basically calling other fans johnny come latelies and part-time fans (despite the fact the Fratton end is 100% season ticket holders). And finally he kills the atmosphere by ringing his bell and getting his drummer mate to just sing stupid 'lalalalala' songs, which instantly drowns out any attempts at singing new songs. If anyone wants to start a new song they basically have to get his approval.”

I'm sure if half of that was true he'd have been banned by now.

If not why has your mate not reported this to authorities?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:04]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:06 - Jan 17 with 3083 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:04 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

I'm sure if half of that was true he'd have been banned by now.

If not why has your mate not reported this to authorities?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:04]

He’s not the only person you’ll hear that from.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:09 - Jan 17 with 3075 viewsReuser_is_God

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:06 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

He’s not the only person you’ll hear that from.

So why then is he still allowed to go to football? Surely someone would/should have reported him?

Evans out

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:10 - Jan 17 with 3073 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:09 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

So why then is he still allowed to go to football? Surely someone would/should have reported him?

How would I know? I'm not a steward at Fratton Park.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:12 - Jan 17 with 3069 viewsReuser_is_God

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:10 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

How would I know? I'm not a steward at Fratton Park.

I'm not expecting you to know, just asking hypothetically.

Evans out

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 3066 viewsmonytowbray

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:12 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

I'm not expecting you to know, just asking hypothetically.

I have no idea TBH. Last time I was near him at a Portsmouth game at least 3 people told him to shut up when he went off on one of his nonsense rants.

TWTD never forgets…

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:24 - Jan 17 with 3055 viewsRyorry

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:00 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

Shame, I'd been thinking about supporting his bookshop with my custom - it was a nice looking place. Changed my mind.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:25]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 2995 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Presumably he also has a glass cage in the basement of his bookshop that he keeps people he’s kidnapped in too?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 15:50 - Jan 17 with 2991 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I was watching BBC news about a Petersfield book shop.,. on 12:14 - Jan 17 by monytowbray

I have no idea TBH. Last time I was near him at a Portsmouth game at least 3 people told him to shut up when he went off on one of his nonsense rants.

Above joking aside I don’t doubt that he’s a tw*t (and have first hand experience of him and his pals coming in a pub I worked in a number of years ago), however the idea that Portsmouth allow one of the most recognisable football supporters in the country to spout racist/homophobic abuse unchecked does seem a touch far fetched...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024