Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfie in Daily Mail 01:28 - Jan 17 with 2635 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Luke Wolfenden is the subject of ‘Secret Scout in Daily Mail this morning. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7896147/THE-SECRET-SCOUT-Ipsw
Woolfie in Daily Mail on 07:39 - Jan 17 with 2214 viewsSwailsey

Ah, good to see their typos a plenty policy is still going strong!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:00 - Jan 17 with 2143 viewsHerbivore

Is that meant to be an in depth analysis? I wonder what game that is from as he has Woolfy playing on the right and he's been playing on the left in recent weeks. His passing out from the back was superb against Oxford and he's now offering an attacking threat as an overlapping CB. I don't think the secret scout chap made avery good job of picking up on Woolfy's strengths but I guess it depends what game he saw.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:12 - Jan 17 with 2090 viewshampstead_blue

We are told my many not to believe what we read in the Daily Mail.

It's not a very interesting report. Very much big picture and very little detail.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:20 - Jan 17 with 2043 viewsKeaneish

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 07:39 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

Ah, good to see their typos a plenty policy is still going strong!

Reads like its been written by a first year grad on work experience allowing the DM to fill some pixel space.

"He lacks electric pace but has a good stature and likes playing crossfield passes". If the writer of this was providing any level of analysis worth it's salt surely he'd have highlighted the fact he's a natural ball playing, versatile defender way above his years who looks as comfortable going forward as he does tracking back!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:28 - Jan 17 with 2017 viewsTractorWood

Simply incredible insight. Not sure how the secret scout isn't working for one of the best clubs in the world:

'He felt more comfortable with an opponent who did not trouble him'.

Genius.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 8:56]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:31 - Jan 17 with 2004 viewsclive_baker

Absolute state of that

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:40 - Jan 17 with 1952 viewsDanTheMan

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:31 - Jan 17 by clive_baker

Absolute state of that

What's fairly funny was that in my previous job I got to read some professional scout reports.

You'd think they'd were written by children some of the time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:57 - Jan 17 with 1862 viewsTown_Boy

“Value 3million” 🤦‍♂️

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 1727 viewsitfcjoe

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:40 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

What's fairly funny was that in my previous job I got to read some professional scout reports.

You'd think they'd were written by children some of the time.

They are getting paid about 20p a line though, so can see why they may not be Pulitzer worthy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 1563 viewsBlueBadger

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 08:20 - Jan 17 by Keaneish

Reads like its been written by a first year grad on work experience allowing the DM to fill some pixel space.

"He lacks electric pace but has a good stature and likes playing crossfield passes". If the writer of this was providing any level of analysis worth it's salt surely he'd have highlighted the fact he's a natural ball playing, versatile defender way above his years who looks as comfortable going forward as he does tracking back!

It doesn't even read that well. It reads like a TWTD news commenter trying to look 'clever'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 1467 viewsDanTheMan

Woolfie in Daily Mail on 09:31 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

They are getting paid about 20p a line though, so can see why they may not be Pulitzer worthy

Yeah that doesn't surprise me either. Football clubs really are cheapskates when it comes to anything that is not directly player related.

There was only a handful of clubs who truly understood the value of data.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024