Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 01:59 - Jan 17 with 4878 viewsKilburnBlue

Christ we were good.

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 08:00 - Jan 17 with 4324 viewsChurchman

Thank you for that. I don’t recall seeing it before. Interesting how much pitches and stadia have improved since then You are right we had a tremendous side at that time. I was very lucky to see it.
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 08:12 - Jan 17 with 4295 viewsGlasgowBlue

Alan Brazil was a nightmare for defenders.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 08:28 - Jan 17 with 4276 viewsGeoffSentence

And on a horrible, sticky, muddy pitch.

Inspiration for The Towen on Saturday at Prenton Park.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:36 - Jan 17 with 4194 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice away kit that was too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 4188 viewsusm

Nice on KB. Cant recall seeing that one previously.
What a team we had, movement everywhere, good first touches and ability to pick out a pass - and some great finishers. How we didnt win the league is still beyond me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 4171 viewsallezlesbleus

What a terrible playing surface and players had to play almost every match in those days! What a great team, so much skill and quality. Us old(er) boys really were spoilt......shame it didn't last!
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 16:00 - Jan 17 with 4077 viewsr2d2

We were good. Thats whats so galling nowadays.
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 16:14 - Jan 17 with 4061 viewsalsagerblue

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 16:00 - Jan 17 by r2d2

We were good. Thats whats so galling nowadays.

I went to this game. Only time I have seen us win at Birmingham, despite witnessing plenty of draws.
Login to get fewer ads

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 17:05 - Jan 17 with 3998 viewsnorth_stand77

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 10:01 - Jan 17 by allezlesbleus

What a terrible playing surface and players had to play almost every match in those days! What a great team, so much skill and quality. Us old(er) boys really were spoilt......shame it didn't last!

....and girls!
Was also lucky enough to see most games in 1970s and early 80s. If only...
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 17:53 - Jan 17 with 3964 viewsSharkey

"Ipswich supporters...thoroughly pleased!
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:28 - Jan 18 with 3722 viewsstewartm

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 08:12 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

Totally agree! What a great player!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 10:11 - Jan 18 with 3683 viewsclive_baker

Slade Merry Christmas Everybody over the tannoy pre match. Must’ve been fairly new then as that was released mid 70’s IIRC. Not sure why I find that notable, it’s all before my time as a late 80’s baby.

Feel fortunate that Burley’s Ipswich coincided with my school days, putting teams to the sword most weeks in the 2nd tier and that one season finishing 5th in the Prem in 2001, but I can’t comprehend a Town side that’s genuinely as good as they come nationally, and competitive internationally too. Doubt we’ll ever see that again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 12:30 - Jan 18 with 3606 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 08:12 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

Now he's just a nightmare.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 3576 viewsNthQldITFC

You *can* play football on a sticky wicket.

Surprising lack of quadriceps definition on so many players in those days, not that its matters when you're as good as that!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 3530 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 13:02 - Jan 18 by NthQldITFC

You *can* play football on a sticky wicket.

Surprising lack of quadriceps definition on so many players in those days, not that its matters when you're as good as that!

In those days players had immense leg muscles, more so that today's players. Even Arnold Muhren who weighted around 10 stone had very strong, muscular legs.

Players today are built differently as the diet and training differ.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 15:09 - Jan 18 with 3528 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A great kit from Town here, I don't think we wore it often, here and West Brom way are two games Town wore it. Can't think of any others.

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 21:02 - Jan 18 with 3389 viewspatrickswell

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 15:09 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

A great kit from Town here, I don't think we wore it often, here and West Brom way are two games Town wore it. Can't think of any others.

QPR in the late 70s was an orange kit job too, I think. By the time they came up in the 80s, we’d graduated to the red and black stripes.
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 13:51 - Jan 19 with 3237 viewsTrequartista

Another new one here - a cutting up pitch on Merseyside on January 18th, sounds familiar

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 13:53 - Jan 19 with 3231 viewsjeera

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 17:53 - Jan 17 by Sharkey

"Ipswich supporters...thoroughly pleased!

Made me smile too.

Brenner, eat your heart out.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 15:14 - Jan 19 with 3180 viewsMeadowlark

Thanks! That run by Thijssen at the end!
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 15:52 - Jan 19 with 3152 viewsblaggers

That away kit was L-O-V-E-L-Y....😍

Poll: What happens next?

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 18:07 - Jan 19 with 3096 viewssolemio

Makes you remember what a good keeper Paul Cooper was.
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 3046 viewsOxford_Blue

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:39 - Jan 17 by usm

What a team we had, movement everywhere, good first touches and ability to pick out a pass - and some great finishers. How we didnt win the league is still beyond me.

Fixture congestion and too much pressure and too many games.

In March they were in the later stages of two cup competitions and a league championship challenge. Beat Villa three times that season as well.

Real shame they didn’t win the league.
Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 02:11 - Jan 20 with 2966 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 21:49 - Jan 19 by Oxford_Blue

Fixture congestion and too much pressure and too many games.

In March they were in the later stages of two cup competitions and a league championship challenge. Beat Villa three times that season as well.

Real shame they didn’t win the league.

It was injuries, that's the only reason.

Towards the end of the season were were without many of our top players for key games and had players like Steggles, Parkin, Turner, D'Avray coming in. Second Division players at best.

Burley doing his knee in January cost us as McCall would have been a good player to fill in in midfield when the injuries piled up.

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:04 - Jan 20 with 2881 viewsGeoffSentence

Another new game uploaded on you tube for the first time from December 1980 on 09:39 - Jan 17 by usm

I blame Bobby Robson. He should have implemented a rotation policy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024