Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Derek Fowlds 11:39 - Jan 17 with 1137 viewsMJallday

No more bernard woolly

Or basil brush

RIP

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

RIP Derek Fowlds on 11:44 - Jan 17 with 1124 viewsWeWereZombies

Very sad news, he wasn't quite the great stoneface that Buster Keaton was but he ran him close. You can see a line in understated facial denouement running here that goes on to Martin Freeman. And neither Keaton or Freeman had to put up with Basil Brush.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Derek Fowlds on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 1086 viewsAlanRetentive

His character in Yes Minister, Bernard Woolley, was a master of eloquent and indeed elegant pedantry. A real hero to his humble admirers like myself.

A fine actor, a sad day.

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

RIP Derek Fowlds on 12:35 - Jan 17 with 1054 viewssolemio

RIP Derek Fowlds on 12:16 - Jan 17 by AlanRetentive

His character in Yes Minister, Bernard Woolley, was a master of eloquent and indeed elegant pedantry. A real hero to his humble admirers like myself.

A fine actor, a sad day.

I genuinely could not agree more.
RIP Derek Fowlds on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 965 viewswoodbridge_blue

He was in our party on a golfing trip to the Costa Del Sol in 2001. Thoroughly nice bloke, no airs and graces, lovely to talk to.

I will never forget standing on the tee of a par three when, in the group up ahead, he chipped in from off the green....immediately the Spanish air resounded with a cry from one of his playing partners of "Boom Boom Mr Derek!!!"
RIP Derek Fowlds (n/t) on 10:23 - Jan 18 with 834 viewshampstead_blue

PM on R4 yesterday gave him a wonderful send-off.

His lines from Yes Minister are just amazing.....Deserved that send off last evening
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 10:25]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024