Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The team tomorrow 23:06 - Jan 17 with 1422 viewspointofblue

Fourth league game in a row where we've kept a relatively settled line up, except for perhaps Jackson for Keane?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The team tomorrow on 00:47 - Jan 18 with 1347 viewswiffin1

Surely we can’t risk huws tomorrow? I’d love to see him start but I think he will need to be rested after playing 90 mins out that pitch Tuesday night
The team tomorrow on 05:35 - Jan 18 with 1275 viewsTractorCam

The team tomorrow on 00:47 - Jan 18 by wiffin1

Surely we can’t risk huws tomorrow? I’d love to see him start but I think he will need to be rested after playing 90 mins out that pitch Tuesday night

Why? He's been fit for 3 months.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The team tomorrow on 05:42 - Jan 18 with 1271 viewsOldsmoker

The team tomorrow on 05:35 - Jan 18 by TractorCam

The pitch will cut up and quickly become a sticky muddy surface.
That carefully weighted pass is going 3 feet not 3 yards so Huws might not be in his element. Flynn Downes on the other hand is made for this and will probably get a red card.
Not a game for the shy.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 5:43]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The team tomorrow on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 1147 viewsBudapestByBlimp

... after being injured for 5 years. Huws is a class player but kid gloves and all that.
The team tomorrow on 09:32 - Jan 18 with 1126 viewsChrisd

I’m with you on this Tractorcam, but can see why there is concern. If Huws is fit, he plays as he’s one of our best midfielders. The last few seasons have gone to waste due to injury, he’ll want to play, not sit on the bench.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 9:37]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The team tomorrow on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 1115 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree, think too much is being made of the state of the pitch.

Was the norm not so long ago.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The team tomorrow on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 1072 viewspointofblue

Who’d replace Huws if he’s rested, though? Skuse, Dozzell or Bishop? I doubt the latter due to his own injury problems.

The team tomorrow on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 1031 viewshampstead_blue

I think there will be a couple or three changes.

Huws - that pitch so soon.
Keane - Jacksons pace down the side

and possibly, Wilson - His distribution wasn't very good. A bit like scissor boots.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

The team tomorrow on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 1030 viewssparks

The team tomorrow on 05:42 - Jan 18 by Oldsmoker

The pitch will cut up and quickly become a sticky muddy surface.
That carefully weighted pass is going 3 feet not 3 yards so Huws might not be in his element. Flynn Downes on the other hand is made for this and will probably get a red card.
Not a game for the shy.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 5:43]

I think the opposite is true going by the other night. Huws physicality was very important there- and Flynn struggled a bit by comparison.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The team tomorrow on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 1006 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The team tomorrow on 09:36 - Jan 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree, think too much is being made of the state of the pitch.

Was the norm not so long ago.

by not so long ago do you mean 30 years ago. Very different footballers back then. Size and strength ruled skill and speed.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The team tomorrow on 10:56 - Jan 18 with 998 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He has but i think the point is we need to be sensible and keep him that way. He will have some muscle fatigue and that is fact. Essentially the more fatigue the more risk of injury. Given Oxford pitch and this pitch i would say the risk outweighs the reward. The other issue with muscle fatigue is it will lesson performance. Given our options I think put Huws on bench and back in team next game.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The team tomorrow on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 960 viewsChrisd

The team tomorrow on 10:32 - Jan 18 by hampstead_blue

I think there will be a couple or three changes.

Huws - that pitch so soon.
Keane - Jacksons pace down the side

and possibly, Wilson - His distribution wasn't very good. A bit like scissor boots.

Wilson's distribution isn't great full-stop, it's just a foot through the ball and aimless punts forwards most of the time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The team tomorrow on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 954 viewspointofblue

The team tomorrow on 10:34 - Jan 18 by sparks

I think the opposite is true going by the other night. Huws physicality was very important there- and Flynn struggled a bit by comparison.

The one down side with this line up and formation is I don’t think it allows Downes to hit his peak. Whilst everyone played well against Accrington I thought he had his quietest game in a while and he wasn’t at his best at Wycombe either. Huws compliments the teams better but possibly Skuse suits Downes more as a midfield partner - that or I thought he looked pretty good when alongside Dozzell and Nolan in a three.

The team tomorrow on 11:46 - Jan 18 with 933 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The team tomorrow on 10:52 - Jan 18 by Terry_Nutkins

by not so long ago do you mean 30 years ago. Very different footballers back then. Size and strength ruled skill and speed.

Top Leagues maybe, but pitches at this level have not been perfect for long, not at this time of year.

Football and pitches at this level ain't changed that much.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The team tomorrow on 12:05 - Jan 18 with 915 viewsChurchman75

The team tomorrow on 09:32 - Jan 18 by Chrisd

I’m with you on this Tractorcam, but can see why there is concern. If Huws is fit, he plays as he’s one of our best midfielders. The last few seasons have gone to waste due to injury, he’ll want to play, not sit on the bench.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 9:37]

Huw's is our BEST midfielder and no where near 100% fit yet

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024