Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. 10:14 - Jan 18 with 7155 viewsnoggin

Should be nowhere near the Labour Party leadership contest.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:21 - Jan 18 with 3714 viewshampstead_blue

Why?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:25 - Jan 18 with 3715 viewsnoggin

Can't see your comment Hampstead, you're on ignore.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:26 - Jan 18 with 3691 viewshampstead_blue

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:25 - Jan 18 by noggin

Can't see your comment Hampstead, you're on ignore.

I'll repeat it then.....Why?

P.S: I know

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 3679 viewsWickets

I quite like her she always seems to have both feet on the ground when i have heard her talk but i suppose that has not been too often . As your in the know tell us more .
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 10:39]
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 3664 viewsnoggin

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:34 - Jan 18 by Wickets

I quite like her she always seems to have both feet on the ground when i have heard her talk but i suppose that has not been too often . As your in the know tell us more .
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 10:39]

I like her too, but being a friend of Israel gives the impression she condones the treatment of the Palestinian people.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:41 - Jan 18 with 3625 viewsLord_Lucan

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:37 - Jan 18 by noggin

I like her too, but being a friend of Israel gives the impression she condones the treatment of the Palestinian people.

To be honest Noggin I think that kind of attitude is one of the reasons the region is in the state it is in right now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:41 - Jan 18 with 3626 viewsWickets

Well i'm not sure the those two things must go arm in are , do they ? tricky one maybe they do anyone else ?
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:43 - Jan 18 with 3612 viewssparks

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:41 - Jan 18 by Wickets

Well i'm not sure the those two things must go arm in are , do they ? tricky one maybe they do anyone else ?

They certainly have a flavour of it.

I am sure it is by no means a given- but many people will get that impression.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:47 - Jan 18 with 3591 viewsLord_Lucan

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:43 - Jan 18 by sparks

They certainly have a flavour of it.

I am sure it is by no means a given- but many people will get that impression.

Thing is though not everything is black and white (apart from this cesspit of misinformation)

Work from within is the key, mediate and all that. You know, grown up stuff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:56 - Jan 18 with 3546 viewsjimmyvet

Is this all Israeli people you object too or just the Jews?
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 3533 viewssparks

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:56 - Jan 18 by jimmyvet

Personally I object to much of the behaviour of the Israeli state. I dont think thats unreasonable.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:59 - Jan 18 with 3527 viewsnoggin

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:56 - Jan 18 by jimmyvet

I don't object to the people in general, just the government and supporters of their actions against the Palestinians.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 3509 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:47 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

Thing is though not everything is black and white (apart from this cesspit of misinformation)

Work from within is the key, mediate and all that. You know, grown up stuff.

But they don't.

LFI say they support a two-state solution which is the key starting point for a peaceful resolution and both sides backing down. But the recent LFI Chairwoman was quick to point out that they can't do anything about it because they don't have any influence.

She was either speaking the truth and it's a pointless, posturing organisation to show support for Israel and getting junkets to Israel in return. Or she's trying to explain away why they don't actually hold the Israeli government to account, in which case it's really another organisation for protecting the Israeli government from any real criticism. And getting junkets to Israel in return.

Either way, it's a dodgy look.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 3511 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:58 - Jan 18 by sparks

Personally I object to much of the behaviour of the Israeli state. I dont think thats unreasonable.

Yep. This.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:02 - Jan 18 with 3496 viewshampstead_blue

it also implies she is anti the likes of Hezbollah and Iran. That's not a bad thing

using words such as 'impression' and my use of 'imply' puts you on shaky ground. I used it as the opposite of Noggin's point.

To assume is to make ass ass out of you and me.....that's the context I feel in offered by the OP.

P.S: Noggin's got me on ignore, I know it's a shame but this is just to add to the discussion for those less sensitive.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 3459 viewsr2d2

Loud mouthed little bince. Cant stand the woman.
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 3439 viewsbaxterbasics

And?

Labour need to realise at some point that the vast majority of the British electorate couldn't give two squits about Israel either way. The lefts obsession with it only makes them look even more looney and out of touch, and always vulnerable to the antisemitism attack line.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 3428 viewsElephantintheRoom

There are a lot of very good reasons why an inexperienced shouty woman should be nowhere near the Labour party leadership. Posturing around semitism isnt one of them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 3413 viewsLord_Lucan

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:01 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

But they don't.

LFI say they support a two-state solution which is the key starting point for a peaceful resolution and both sides backing down. But the recent LFI Chairwoman was quick to point out that they can't do anything about it because they don't have any influence.

She was either speaking the truth and it's a pointless, posturing organisation to show support for Israel and getting junkets to Israel in return. Or she's trying to explain away why they don't actually hold the Israeli government to account, in which case it's really another organisation for protecting the Israeli government from any real criticism. And getting junkets to Israel in return.

Either way, it's a dodgy look.

The LFI is simply another nutty branch of your nutty party.

You used to be moderately normal poster Koonty but you are also now nuts.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:26 - Jan 18 with 3406 viewssparks

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:16 - Jan 18 by baxterbasics

And?

Labour need to realise at some point that the vast majority of the British electorate couldn't give two squits about Israel either way. The lefts obsession with it only makes them look even more looney and out of touch, and always vulnerable to the antisemitism attack line.

The right is equally obsessed. The very fact that many conservative members are part of a group called "friends of Israel" tell you that.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:01 - Jan 18 with 3308 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:25 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

The LFI is simply another nutty branch of your nutty party.

You used to be moderately normal poster Koonty but you are also now nuts.

Well, blow me down. Lucan getting narky when his opinion is challenged.

You went from "grown up" to "nutty" in one post.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 3282 viewsBackToRussia

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:26 - Jan 18 by sparks

The right is equally obsessed. The very fact that many conservative members are part of a group called "friends of Israel" tell you that.

If we remove the emotive word of obsessed, why is it so odd to find Israel-Palestine important? It's probably the most globally influential power struggle in the world.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:07 - Jan 18 with 3282 viewsLord_Lucan

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:01 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

Well, blow me down. Lucan getting narky when his opinion is challenged.

You went from "grown up" to "nutty" in one post.

I'm not getting narky in any way whatsoever, I'm just watching from the outside.

I really couldn't give a monkeys.

For what it's worth I think you are a character and would like to have a beer with you. The fact I think you are nuts is irrelevant.

No narkyness from over here.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:10 - Jan 18 with 3262 viewsbrazil1982

Out of interest has Labour condemned the recent Gaza/Egypt border closure, by Egypt?
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:27 - Jan 18 with 3212 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 12:07 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not getting narky in any way whatsoever, I'm just watching from the outside.

I really couldn't give a monkeys.

For what it's worth I think you are a character and would like to have a beer with you. The fact I think you are nuts is irrelevant.

No narkyness from over here.

Apologies then.

The "couple of beers" after work yesterday got a little out of hand and everything feels much more emotional this morning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024