Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell 14:37 - Jan 18 with 2192 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is this his real place in the midfield hierarchy? Or should he be above Nolan?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 14:38]
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 14:48 - Jan 18 with 2139 viewsReusersgreasymop

Would rather see AD on the bench. Don’t need Nolan and Skuse on the same bench.

RGM
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:11 - Jan 19 with 1923 viewseddiespearitt03

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 14:48 - Jan 18 by Reusersgreasymop

Would rather see AD on the bench. Don’t need Nolan and Skuse on the same bench.

RGM

Who knows what the best team is these days.?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 11:21]
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:14 - Jan 19 with 1909 viewsChrisd

You’ve got Huws, Downes and Judge starting, backing up Skuse, Dozzell and Bishop that leaves Nolan as the odd one out for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 1885 viewsOsborneOneNil

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:14 - Jan 19 by Chrisd

You’ve got Huws, Downes and Judge starting, backing up Skuse, Dozzell and Bishop that leaves Nolan as the odd one out for me.

Blimey.

Nolan ahead of Skuse, everyday.
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:27 - Jan 19 with 1853 viewsChrisd

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:20 - Jan 19 by OsborneOneNil

Blimey.

Skuse may not be seen now as a regular starter, but he still offers a lot to the team than what Nolan does from the bench IMO. Really thought Nolan would kick on this season, just seems he’s gone backwards. He just doesn’t do enough in games and that’s been happening for quite a while now.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:29]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:37 - Jan 19 with 1818 viewsOldTimer2

From yesterday's team then assume KVY is first choice right WB and so bench needs to provide injury cover/ ability to change a losing position. So Goalie and 1 defender leaves you 5. Of those Bishop and Norwood are definites. So 3 from Edwards, Skuse, Nolan, Dozzell, Sears

Hard call and possibly changes on the game, injury situation and you could make a good case for any of them. Generally would have Dozzell there as he is more capable than most of a game changing moment

Bobby Robson - thank you

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:51 - Jan 19 with 1780 viewsgordon

Yes, Nolan doesn't offer much for me - I'd have Skuse on to shore things up if that were required, Dozzell if we needed to unlock a stubborn defence. If (and it's a big if) they were all to stay more or less fit, then Skuse, Nolan and probably Judge as well would all look a bit unnecessary. Although if we don't get promoted and Downes and Dozzell both leave then we'll still need some of them.
Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:15 - Jan 19 with 1714 viewsArnieM

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:27 - Jan 19 by Chrisd

Skuse may not be seen now as a regular starter, but he still offers a lot to the team than what Nolan does from the bench IMO. Really thought Nolan would kick on this season, just seems he’s gone backwards. He just doesn’t do enough in games and that’s been happening for quite a while now.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:29]

Skuse’ s vital input often gets overlooked. His winning the ball in midfield yesterday and the making that initial forward pass ( for Norwood to complete the final onward flick), being a classic example.

And while we’re on the subject of slating some of our senior players (a pastime for many Town fans it seems), no one has mentioned Chambers form over recent games, where he is bombing forward deep into the opponents half, making fantastic racking passes to our forwards, and doing his job of defending, often putting his body in the firing line.

I find it disappointing that players like Skuse and Chambers don't get more credit from the fans for their influence at this Club, in what is clearly the twilight days of their careers. Both are excellent pros IMO and surely deserve far more recognition from us fans than they get?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 1674 viewsOldTimer2

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:15 - Jan 19 by ArnieM

Skuse’ s vital input often gets overlooked. His winning the ball in midfield yesterday and the making that initial forward pass ( for Norwood to complete the final onward flick), being a classic example.

And while we’re on the subject of slating some of our senior players (a pastime for many Town fans it seems), no one has mentioned Chambers form over recent games, where he is bombing forward deep into the opponents half, making fantastic racking passes to our forwards, and doing his job of defending, often putting his body in the firing line.

I find it disappointing that players like Skuse and Chambers don't get more credit from the fans for their influence at this Club, in what is clearly the twilight days of their careers. Both are excellent pros IMO and surely deserve far more recognition from us fans than they get?

Good point about Skuse/Chambers. What cannot be argued is their commitment to the club. They will make mistakes, but everyone does and they deserve recognition for what they bring to it. People you would hope maintain association with us when they finish playing

Bobby Robson - thank you

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:35 - Jan 19 with 1638 viewsthatdamgood89

It's a great question. I think you have to look at the roles the three in midfield are being asked to do.

Downes and Huws are both playing a box to box type role that requires stamina and workrate.It also requires intelligence in knowing when to sit or when to support, depending on where your partner is postionally.

Judge is playing behind the striker.

With that said the three replacements for me are
Nolan and Dozzell - have the required traits to play the box to box roles. Nolan however for me can probably play behind the striker, which is a little bit of an advantage over Dozzell who I feel wouldn't perform well with his back to goal.

Skuse is a holding player only at this point.

Bishop could play box to box but is probably more of a replacement for judge. Play him in that Wes hoolahan role behind the strikers.

So really, it's Nolan Bishop and then one of Dozzell and skuse.. I'd have Dozzell because if you need a pure holder Downes can do that just as well. However skuse is a senior pro and you won't see him being left out of any 18 man squads while fit.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:42 - Jan 19 with 1614 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 21:20 - Jan 19 by OsborneOneNil

Blimey.

Nope. Skuse showed for our winner sat what he brings. No panic, composed and intelligent pass to Norwood. Different players to be honest though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:46 - Jan 19 with 1595 viewsOldTimer2

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 22:42 - Jan 19 by Terry_Nutkins

Nope. Skuse showed for our winner sat what he brings. No panic, composed and intelligent pass to Norwood. Different players to be honest though.

That is the difficulty, they all bring something a little different to the team.

Bobby Robson - thank you

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 23:00 - Jan 19 with 1566 viewsDinnernotTea

Dozzell needs a season on loan away from here, away from Ipswich. I haven't a clue if he will make a good pro or not but he shouldn't be anywhere near this group trying to get top 2 as he isn't good enough. He's a very meh player. But like I say send him on a season loan somewhere less glamorous (Woolf at Swindon) and we might see a better player come back.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Strongest team and bench leaves no place for Dozzell on 23:14 - Jan 19 with 1541 viewsWonky

Age is the issue with Skuse not quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024