Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow! 17:10 - Jan 18 with 1593 viewsDarth_Koont

Keeping up the progress of the past few weeks, we looked like a really good football team today.

Tranmere with a slightly flattering lead at half-time although credit to them for taking their chance. But all in all, that was our first 90-minute performance by my reckoning.

All the players looked comfortable in their roles and the players around them and all the subs came on and gave us a lift. And when we had Woolfenden breaking forward and Bishop on the ball we looked like a top Championship team!

Let's keep this going. COYB!

Pronouns: He/Him

Wow! on 17:13 - Jan 18 with 1520 viewsMrTown

We are doing very well, not a top Championship team yet though.

This philosophy and style he has now implemented has worked wonders and PL and the players deserve so much credit for it.

Sounds drastic but I hope he sticks with it and builds a team around this style over the next few years etc, very much in the Sheff Utd mould.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Wow! on 17:14 - Jan 18 with 1475 viewspointofblue

Wow! on 17:13 - Jan 18 by MrTown

This philosophy and style he has now implemented has worked wonders and PL and the players deserve so much credit for it.

Sounds drastic but I hope he sticks with it and builds a team around this style over the next few years etc, very much in the Sheff Utd mould.

I wonder what happened post Lincoln for us to settle on the wing back system and the specific personnel? We were trying anything and everything up to that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wow! on 17:18 - Jan 18 with 1391 viewsunstableblue

Wow! on 17:14 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

I wonder what happened post Lincoln for us to settle on the wing back system and the specific personnel? We were trying anything and everything up to that point.

Did you hear Norris on Radio Suffolk he was praising Lambert and his team, in that he fosters very open discussions in the dressing room, feedback and suggestions from the players, said he found it really positive

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Wow! on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 1346 viewsunstableblue

Good to hear Darth, from the radio it sounded flat in the first half

But we were still the better side

Second half we went up a gear; and Lambert moved Downes further forward which changed our game

Bishop sounded very good

Perhaps we’ve had our blip and with Bishop and Huws fit... it’s looking positive

Let’s smash Lincoln

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Wow! on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 1315 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! on 17:14 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

I think somewhere along the line Lambert and the coaches must have realised that Edwards and Judge as wide midfielders was never going to pay dividends and Garbutt was wasted at LB.

Putting the same players in positions that let them show their strengths rather than expose their weaknesses just makes sense at this level. Also means that the players around them look much more relaxed too when they can play a more natural game themselves.

Wow! on 17:26 - Jan 18 with 1220 viewsJDB23

Big 3 points that with the 2 above us winning, sounded like a good performance overall as well.

Some big games coming up for us to prove whether we actually have turned a corner, but we go into them more positive than I was expecting us to.
Wow! on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 1203 viewsLankHenners

The players definitely deserve credit. If it wasn't for them we'd still be seeing a different formation every week with about 5 personnel changes.

We also don't need to get carried away after a short unbeaten run in League 1. Good to get the win and hopefully we can get back to a steady set of positive results.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Wow! on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 1170 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! on 17:21 - Jan 18 by unstableblue

Good to hear Darth, from the radio it sounded flat in the first half

But we were still the better side

Second half we went up a gear; and Lambert moved Downes further forward which changed our game

Bishop sounded very good

Perhaps we’ve had our blip and with Bishop and Huws fit... it’s looking positive

Let’s smash Lincoln

It wasn't bad in the first half and getting to grips with the pitch wasn't easy. Also Tranmere were much more in it and creating chances.

Second half, we got to grips with the opposition and the pitch, and just pulled away.

I thought Judge was good but Bishop looked at a different level. I'm sure there will still be some sharing of the role but I think Teddy deserves a share of the starts now. And maybe Judge will benefit from the real threat to his position too.

Login to get fewer ads

Wow! on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 1164 viewsTerra_Farma

Agreed, we need to keep our feet on Terra firma x
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:31]
Wow! on 17:38 - Jan 18 with 1034 viewsjeera

Wow! on 17:28 - Jan 18 by Terra_Farma

Agreed, we need to keep our feet on Terra firma x
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:31]

Unless he's in danger of drowning.

*Sorry, obvious joke.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024