Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching motd and finally working town fans out 23:24 - Jan 18 with 4935 viewsartsbossbeard

You'd rather be Eddie Howe's Bournemouth than Steve Bruce's Newcastle.

That's turned out well, etc.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:51 - Jan 19 with 4786 viewsBlueBadger

Town fans are basically the football equivalent of the hardcore 'Leave' voter. Everything is empirically worse but apparently The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:55 - Jan 19 with 4774 viewsKeaneish

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:51 - Jan 19 by BlueBadger

Town fans are basically the football equivalent of the hardcore 'Leave' voter. Everything is empirically worse but apparently The Football Is Better Now.

This conversation between the two of you reminds me of Father Ted episodes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:56 - Jan 19 with 4762 viewsBlueBadger

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:55 - Jan 19 by Keaneish

Genuine genius?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 01:09 - Jan 19 with 4731 viewstextbackup

Chin up, we won today

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 05:58 - Jan 19 with 4599 viewsm14_blue

Did you watch the Newcastle game?
Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:18 - Jan 19 with 4531 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Come off it, how many years have Bournemouth been in the Premier League with Howe working wonders to keep them competitive. They've done exceptionally well, the wheels were always going to come off without significant investment.

Newcastle on the other hand are a joke club to me. Big fanbase but not quite sure where their big club mentality comes from when they've not won anything in years, they have no divine right along with the other 13 clubs locked out on the top 7.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 7:19]

Poll: Final points total?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:20 - Jan 19 with 4526 viewsKieran_Knows

Was watching BT Sport yesterday and they said Howe had spent close to £250m at Bournemouth. Plucky little Bournemouth etc etc. Blokes a fraud.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:26 - Jan 19 with 4511 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:20 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

Was watching BT Sport yesterday and they said Howe had spent close to £250m at Bournemouth. Plucky little Bournemouth etc etc. Blokes a fraud.

Is that including all of the transfers since their time in league 2. How much have West Spam spent in just the past few seasons?

I like them, no need for us to be jealous

Poll: Final points total?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:32 - Jan 19 with 4498 viewsKieran_Knows

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:26 - Jan 19 by TractorBoyOlly

Is that including all of the transfers since their time in league 2. How much have West Spam spent in just the past few seasons?

Good question. I only really caught the end of it then Joe Cole started saying that if he was going to to continue to get linked with bigger clubs, he really needs to be able to get Bournemouth out of this mess.

I wouldn’t so much to say I’m jealous, I’ve just never brought in to the whole ‘small Bournemouth’ idea of them getting to the Prem. Yes they done well from League 2 to the Championship, but from there it was all about the money after they get took over.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 08:09 - Jan 19 with 4400 viewsMullet

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:18 - Jan 19 by TractorBoyOlly

Come off it, how many years have Bournemouth been in the Premier League with Howe working wonders to keep them competitive. They've done exceptionally well, the wheels were always going to come off without significant investment.

Newcastle on the other hand are a joke club to me. Big fanbase but not quite sure where their big club mentality comes from when they've not won anything in years, they have no divine right along with the other 13 clubs locked out on the top 7.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 7:19]

Are you taking the piss? Little old Bournemouth make Derby look like fiscally conservative Amish. They’ve spent loads for years now compared to their size and done nothing to the infrastructure comparatively.

Hopefully they do a Blackpool as it’s long overdue. Horrible little club taking up space where it doesn’t belong for far too long.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 4219 viewsWD19

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:26 - Jan 19 by TractorBoyOlly

Over the past 5 seasons West Ham’s NET spend is c.155m vs ‘only’ c.140m by Bournemouth.

Edit. Liverpool is 92m (similar to Spurs), Palace 56m (similar to Watford and Burnley), Southampton Zero.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 10:50]
Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 10:50 - Jan 19 with 4197 viewsartsbossbeard

Christ, the stuff I post after I've had a couple of drinks.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 11:54 - Jan 19 with 4056 viewsBent_double

I think VAR has finally caught-up with Bournemouth, how many penalties were they getting season after season for 'fouls' in the area, compared to this season?

Such a shame...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 12:05 - Jan 19 with 4012 viewsKeaneish

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 10:50 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Christ, the stuff I post after I've had a couple of drinks.

Think we’re all guilty of that!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 12:08 - Jan 19 with 4011 viewsTrequartista

You've just cherry picked a footballing team doing badly at the moment. Why not pick Wolves, who sacked McCarthy ? They were careful what they wished for.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 12:25 - Jan 19 with 3970 viewsGavTWTD

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 00:55 - Jan 19 by Keaneish

The premier league is very far away.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 15:15 - Jan 19 with 3827 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 12:08 - Jan 19 by Trequartista

You've just cherry picked a footballing team doing badly at the moment. Why not pick Wolves, who sacked McCarthy ? They were careful what they wished for.

Wolves who were relegated twice and have risen back up thanks to the club being bought by Chinese billionaires with close links to one of the most influential agents in the game?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 3814 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Watching motd and finally working town fans out on 07:20 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

The idea that they were some minnows coming up was clearly ridiculous given the amount they spent, but Howe still did a fine job to take them there.

And continued to do so keeping them in the Premier League until now - although I do think he has a touch of the Roberto Martinez’s about him in that he’s a flawed manager both in setting teams up defensively and the transfer market, which ultimately limits his potential. Suspect he’d struggle away from Bournemouth, as he did previously at Burnley
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 15:19]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024