Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Idiots” 08:50 - Jan 19 with 7192 viewsSwailsey

Who do we think he’s referring to do you think?

There wasn’t much criticism from the wider media was there, so I’m assuming local press or fans?

“We’ve had one or two blips, a few draws but people went over the top with it, people went over the top, didn’t have a clue what was going on. We’re going to get the idiots but I guess that’d people who don’t know the game.”

Great win, settled team, COYB.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“Idiots” on 08:52 - Jan 19 with 3337 viewshype313

Phil, Stuart Watson and Andy Warren, think he feels they have been too harsh, personally I don't, that awful run needed questions asked, seems Lambo felt they were out to get him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

“Idiots” on 08:57 - Jan 19 with 3287 viewsxrayspecs

Perhaps it was some of the folk who post on here?
“Idiots” on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 3273 viewsHerbivore

That was his Mick numbskulls moment but unlike Mick he seems to have got away with it despite being an inferior manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Idiots” on 09:04 - Jan 19 with 3231 viewsKieran_Knows

Slowly morphing in to Mick with some of his comments.

Just received this from a mate, and I would say it’s fairly spot on;
Fed up of the fan base being made to look like fickle bastards constantly. Not many fan bases would have put up with the sh*t for such a prolonged period like our fans have and still get 17,000+ at home and over a 1,000+ away

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

“Idiots” on 09:05 - Jan 19 with 3236 viewsitfcjoe

Most ‘idiots’ have been calling for an end to chopping and changing the formation and team every game. He deserved the criticism he got.

He deserved praise for where we were before the bad run, and our improved performances in 2020 - but that run was awful and the criticisms have been rectified more than anything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“Idiots” on 09:06 - Jan 19 with 3204 viewssundaze

“Idiots” on 09:00 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

That was his Mick numbskulls moment but unlike Mick he seems to have got away with it despite being an inferior manager.

Time for therapy Herbie, two years down the line and you still can't let go.
“Idiots” on 09:07 - Jan 19 with 3192 viewsGarv

“Idiots” on 09:00 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

That seems to irk you?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

“Idiots” on 09:08 - Jan 19 with 3189 viewsBluefish

“Idiots” on 09:05 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Most ‘idiots’ have been calling for an end to chopping and changing the formation and team every game. He deserved the criticism he got.

He deserved praise for where we were before the bad run, and our improved performances in 2020 - but that run was awful and the criticisms have been rectified more than anything

Where we were before the bad run was superb on paper but we clearly still had performance issues. The last 4 games have been miles better, I don't think we would have won the battle yesterday or matched the battle at oxford by chopping and changing. The best thing PL can do is drop the prickliness because it is highlighting that he wasn't happy with his rotation being binned, he would be better off using his PR skills to ride the wave and take credit for the improvement

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

“Idiots” on 09:09 - Jan 19 with 3159 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 09:07 - Jan 19 by Garv

That seems to irk you?

Not at all, just an observation.

“Idiots” on 09:12 - Jan 19 with 3125 viewsFtnfwest

This is his ‘zombies’ moment and like sir bobby he seems to have got away with it. Let’s hope he’s a quarter as successful in the future! Criticism was pretty mild tbh
“Idiots” on 09:14 - Jan 19 with 3103 viewsGarv

I think some people did go over the top with it. Saying things like ‘we’re sinking fast’, ‘we’ll never win the league now’ and ‘this league is terrible, with our squad we should walk it’...which was all nonsense.

The run of results were really not that bad. How we played during the run was more concerning, so criticism was deserved for that, and the rotation should have been stopped earlier. I guess it’s difficult to know whether Lambert is directing that at journos or fans that he’s had contact with, but as Watson said recently he generally relays what the fans are saying through his pieces.

“Idiots” on 09:15 - Jan 19 with 3092 viewsSomethingBlue

“Idiots” on 09:08 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

Where we were before the bad run was superb on paper but we clearly still had performance issues. The last 4 games have been miles better, I don't think we would have won the battle yesterday or matched the battle at oxford by chopping and changing. The best thing PL can do is drop the prickliness because it is highlighting that he wasn't happy with his rotation being binned, he would be better off using his PR skills to ride the wave and take credit for the improvement

So he's sulking because at the moment he'd rather be rotating the hell out of everything. Zoom out a bit mate.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

“Idiots” on 09:15 - Jan 19 with 3088 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 09:12 - Jan 19 by Ftnfwest

This is his ‘zombies’ moment and like sir bobby he seems to have got away with it. Let’s hope he’s a quarter as successful in the future! Criticism was pretty mild tbh

The things he was being criticised for he has changed (at the urging of his captain and his boss) and we've started doing much better as a result. Not sure that makes those criticising him idiots to be honest, but I understand him being salty about it as it must be hard to admit you were getting it wrong.

“Idiots” on 09:17 - Jan 19 with 3074 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 09:14 - Jan 19 by Garv

I think some people did go over the top with it. Saying things like ‘we’re sinking fast’, ‘we’ll never win the league now’ and ‘this league is terrible, with our squad we should walk it’...which was all nonsense.

The run of results were really not that bad. How we played during the run was more concerning, so criticism was deserved for that, and the rotation should have been stopped earlier. I guess it’s difficult to know whether Lambert is directing that at journos or fans that he’s had contact with, but as Watson said recently he generally relays what the fans are saying through his pieces.

The results weren't that bad? We picked up 10 points from 11 games. That's relegation form. And I agree the performances were really poor too.

“Idiots” on 09:19 - Jan 19 with 3055 viewsOsborneOneNil

“Idiots” on 09:06 - Jan 19 by sundaze

Time for therapy Herbie, two years down the line and you still can't let go.

Well said.
“Idiots” on 09:22 - Jan 19 with 3018 viewsBluefish

“Idiots” on 09:15 - Jan 19 by SomethingBlue

So he's sulking because at the moment he'd rather be rotating the hell out of everything. Zoom out a bit mate.

I suggest you follow your own advice. The evidence backs up what I am saying nothing supports your obsession

“Idiots” on 09:24 - Jan 19 with 3012 viewsFtnfwest

“Idiots” on 09:15 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

The things he was being criticised for he has changed (at the urging of his captain and his boss) and we've started doing much better as a result. Not sure that makes those criticising him idiots to be honest, but I understand him being salty about it as it must be hard to admit you were getting it wrong.

I have to say that whilst last season was obviously a write off from an early point, even when we had the good start this season I soon thought this guy isn’t going to be the answer long term. He’s perfectly capable of getting us back up but that’s the limit I think and we’ll only struggle when we get there again. That’s not entirely his fault but I agree he has made mistakes and he can’t expect no criticism at all. At least he’s had a period of time when the fan base have been largely in support (which he himself deserves credit for tbf) but that PR exercise is the best thing he’s done to date. I’m not sure there’s much substance to his on-field approach and whatever else MM was good at I think they share a total lack of new ideas or approach that we see at a great many other clubs. Still onwards and hopefully upwards!
“Idiots” on 09:24 - Jan 19 with 3005 viewsGarv

“Idiots” on 09:17 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

The results weren't that bad? We picked up 10 points from 11 games. That's relegation form. And I agree the performances were really poor too.

The key word there is form, which can change at any time, which it seems to have done. Relegation form is when you get relegated, so that’s more nonsense.

We drew more games than we lost and never dropped lower than 5th. So yes, it wasn’t that bad in the grand scheme.

“Idiots” on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 3001 viewsSomethingBlue

“Idiots” on 09:22 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

I suggest you follow your own advice. The evidence backs up what I am saying nothing supports your obsession

Not sure I'm the obsessed one ... !

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

“Idiots” on 09:26 - Jan 19 with 2986 viewsBluefish

“Idiots” on 09:25 - Jan 19 by SomethingBlue

Not sure I'm the obsessed one ... !

I am sure you aren't but I suggest you read your posts and look for balance

“Idiots” on 09:30 - Jan 19 with 2943 viewsitfcjoe

We were literally bottom of the form table, how is that run not that bad?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“Idiots” on 09:34 - Jan 19 with 2903 viewsHerbivore

“Idiots” on 09:24 - Jan 19 by Garv

The key word there is form, which can change at any time, which it seems to have done. Relegation form is when you get relegated, so that’s more nonsense.

We drew more games than we lost and never dropped lower than 5th. So yes, it wasn’t that bad in the grand scheme.

You don't think 10 points from 11 games is that bad? We're in the third tier with probably the strongest squad in the league. That run was shocking. That run was a quarter of the season.

I don't think you understand the word 'form' and I don't know why you think it's relevant that we never dropped below 5th during that run, we started the run of games clear at the top with games in hand.

“Idiots” on 09:34 - Jan 19 with 2906 viewsChurchman

The majority of people who go to games are not idiots. They’ve often seen hundreds of games and some have even played it, albeit usually at a rubbish level, so they know what they are looking at. I’ve actually been quite supportive of PL, but if he’s making comments like that, it’s firstly a dumb thing to say and secondly his ‘credit’ with people will soon run out. He’s no Jurgen Klopp for goodness sake.

The followers of this club, through no fault of their own, have endured years of rubbish football, steady unremitting decline under an incompetent owner, a disinterested and incompetent owner and a series of hapless managers, McCarthy excepted - and his attitude and football was awful.

ITFC is in its worst state since it turned professional 80 years ago, shrinking by the year and still pulls 17,000+. The supporters will be here long after Lambert and Evans, if there is anything left. Lambert deserved every ounce of criticism. One win 2 months? 4 wins at home all season in the 3rd division? Chopping and changing the team and getting the runaround by the likes of Bristol Rovers?

I’d say he’s got off very lightly.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 9:59]
"The run of results were really not that bad." on 09:35 - Jan 19 with 2892 viewsDyland

lol

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

“Idiots” on 09:35 - Jan 19 with 2891 viewsRonFearonsHair

“Idiots” on 08:57 - Jan 19 by xrayspecs

Perhaps it was some of the folk who post on here?

It does sometimes feel as though he must spend his evenings reading this board and getting wound up by it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024