Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane and Norwood 09:35 - Jan 19 with 2047 viewsHullblue

Keane looked really sharp in the build-up to Downes’s goal - is that a fair reflection of how he played?

That pass from Norwood for Jackson’s goal was sexual. Really encouraging too - I was a bit worried about his vision and decision-making after the second half of the Accrington game.

I don’t think they can play together, but great to have three in form strikers plus Freddie hopefully on his way.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Keane and Norwood on 09:49 - Jan 19 with 1975 viewsHerbivore

If we keep the same system then for me it is Jackson plus one of the other two. His pace and working of the channels creates so much space for us and he's back in the goals now too. For me he's currently our most important forward. There is a case for considering playing Keane in Judge's role as he has the ability on the ball to play as a 10. Alternatively we could make a minor tweak and bring Sears in and play a 3-4-3 which wouldn't mean a huge change of shape and would give us more pace and width in the channels. We have good options at the minute and should have more than enough firepower to get out of this league.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 11:28]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane and Norwood on 10:59 - Jan 19 with 1797 viewsHullblue

Keane and Norwood on 09:49 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

If we keep the same system then for me it is Jackson plus one of the other two. His pace and working of the channels creates so much space for us and he's back in the goals now too. For me he's currently our most important forward. There is a case for considering playing Keane in Judge's role as he has the ability on the ball to play as a 10. Alternatively we could make a minor tweak and bring Sears in and play a 3-4-3 which wouldn't mean a huge change of shape and would give us more pace and width in the channels. We have good options at the minute and should have more than enough firepower to get out of this league.

Couldn’t agree more about Jackson. Hopefully he’s fit now and stays that way!

Keane and Norwood on 11:04 - Jan 19 with 1777 viewsDyland

Beyond baffling when Jackson was dropped, er I mean rotated, after games he was the stand out performer.

Sorry Paul if you're reading :) I and 99% of Town fans are genuinely desperate for you to be a success here. Please don't be so sensitive, you're a big boy after all x

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Keane and Norwood on 15:44 - Jan 19 with 1566 viewsMullet

I've been banging on about Keane since we signed him the first time. He genuinely is a hell of a talented player, robbed by injury hence why we've got him (and Huws).

The two of them yesterday again showed way more than people might have realised. The way Keane took the ball out of the air and killed it to make a move or pass was way beyond pretty much everyone at this level. Skuse did similar too to start the second goal off but under less pressure facing forward, for comparison.

He was unlucky not to score again yesterday and I actually thought him and Norwood might start and we bring Jackson on to run at them. Regardless the way it panned out and the balance and contrasting attributes our strikers brought worked better than we've seen all season.

As good as Garbutt's cross was, the way Keane anticipated and put it on a plate to him was class.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Keane and Norwood on 16:00 - Jan 19 with 1521 viewsChrisd

You could argue that we play a 3-4-3 formation now, depends on your disposition.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Keane and Norwood on 16:23 - Jan 19 with 1454 viewsHerbivore

Keane and Norwood on 16:00 - Jan 19 by Chrisd

You could argue that we play a 3-4-3 formation now, depends on your disposition.

Not really as Judge isn't playing as a forward per se, he's very much in behind the front two. Bring in Sears and it becomes a front three. Defensively it doesn't make much difference as Judge isn't doing a lot defensively from that number 10 role but it would change our shape a bit.

Keane and Norwood on 16:29 - Jan 19 with 1433 viewsChrisd

Keane and Norwood on 16:23 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Not really as Judge isn't playing as a forward per se, he's very much in behind the front two. Bring in Sears and it becomes a front three. Defensively it doesn't make much difference as Judge isn't doing a lot defensively from that number 10 role but it would change our shape a bit.

I’m sure PL even made reference to the fact the formation was more 3-4-3 rather than a 3-5-2 when questioned recently, but could be wrong on this. I don’t care really, as long as we are playing well and winning games that’s all that matters for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Keane and Norwood on 16:31 - Jan 19 with 1425 viewsHerbivore

Keane and Norwood on 16:29 - Jan 19 by Chrisd

I’m sure PL even made reference to the fact the formation was more 3-4-3 rather than a 3-5-2 when questioned recently, but could be wrong on this. I don’t care really, as long as we are playing well and winning games that’s all that matters for me.

Well if PL said it then it must be gospel.

Login to get fewer ads

Keane and Norwood on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 1393 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I was guilty start of the season for not really rating Jackson. Sometimes he goes quiet which is to be expected I think with the type of player he is, but when he’s at it he can win us a game with his pace. He was really good yesterday and he is proving me wrong every game. I agree that out of all the strikers he’s probably the mainstay.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Keane and Norwood on 16:50 - Jan 19 with 1381 viewsclive_baker

I like Keane technically, he's definitely an excellent footballer. To be at United from 11 - 23 you've clearly got to have something about you, and that's evident when he plays with his touch and technique. He's a very good finisher and to have scored 6 goals this season with relatively limited game time thus far is a decent return. You could make a strong argument that he's a 20 goal a season forward at this level if fit, which is quite a luxury considering he's probably 3rd in the pecking order at the moment. He's never struck me as the most cerebral player I've ever seen and I question his decision making at times. He's often guilty of giving away some cheap free kicks and is a little clumsy. Some of his runs and movement leave me scratching my head a little at times. I wonder if that's due to him not actually being all that experienced in senior football, despite his age. His career has been blighted by injuries and I'm not sure he's ever truly had a sustained run of starts for a club. I bet he's phenomenal in a training 7-a-side environment.

Personally if we had a playoff final tomorrow I would start Jackson & Norwood, but Keane would be a threat off the bench.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 16:52]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Keane and Norwood on 16:51 - Jan 19 with 1376 viewsBLUEBEAT

Norwood made a sexual pass at Jackson?

Poll: W or W

Keane and Norwood on 17:31 - Jan 19 with 1281 viewsHullblue

Keane and Norwood on 16:50 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

I like Keane technically, he's definitely an excellent footballer. To be at United from 11 - 23 you've clearly got to have something about you, and that's evident when he plays with his touch and technique. He's a very good finisher and to have scored 6 goals this season with relatively limited game time thus far is a decent return. You could make a strong argument that he's a 20 goal a season forward at this level if fit, which is quite a luxury considering he's probably 3rd in the pecking order at the moment. He's never struck me as the most cerebral player I've ever seen and I question his decision making at times. He's often guilty of giving away some cheap free kicks and is a little clumsy. Some of his runs and movement leave me scratching my head a little at times. I wonder if that's due to him not actually being all that experienced in senior football, despite his age. His career has been blighted by injuries and I'm not sure he's ever truly had a sustained run of starts for a club. I bet he's phenomenal in a training 7-a-side environment.

Personally if we had a playoff final tomorrow I would start Jackson & Norwood, but Keane would be a threat off the bench.

Agreed - he’s not perfect yet but very promising - especially when the ball’s aimed at his chest or feet rather than his head. I think that’s when he looks clumsy and gives away those free-kicks you’re talking about. He seems like a small player in a big player’s body sometimes.

Up until I saw that pass from Norwood it would have been Keane all day for me. I’d probably still pick Keane but I think Norwood’s all-round game might be better than I’d given him credit for. Will be interesting to see who PL picks next time out.

Keane and Norwood on 17:32 - Jan 19 with 1276 viewsHullblue

Keane and Norwood on 16:51 - Jan 19 by BLUEBEAT

Norwood made a sexual pass at Jackson?

Yup - they’ve got great chemistry.

Keane and Norwood on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1182 viewsMullet

Keane and Norwood on 16:50 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

I think he’s so well drilled to having far better midfielders supplying him he looks a little silly when he runs into nowhere.

The only player who might be capable of emulating that in the squad is AD for me, and he’s going to mean sacrificing a berth for Judge or Bishop unless we shift from a 6 to a 10 to have one or the other on.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024