Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Really good day for England 16:10 - Jan 19 with 776 viewsSteve_M

The weather doing far more than South Africa to deny England a second win of the series.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Really good day for England on 16:14 - Jan 19 with 771 viewsFtnfwest

Still been very hard work to get wickets on that pitch and they’ve done very well. Just feels as if there’s a decent squad of players coming together now for the next couple of years and certainly a bit more of a settled batting line up evolving.
Cricket: Really good day for England on 17:07 - Jan 19 with 735 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: Really good day for England on 16:14 - Jan 19 by Ftnfwest

Still been very hard work to get wickets on that pitch and they’ve done very well. Just feels as if there’s a decent squad of players coming together now for the next couple of years and certainly a bit more of a settled batting line up evolving.

Providing it doesn't impinge on his batting further, there could be a strong case for Root being considered as the 2nd spinner when necessary.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: Really good day for England on 17:31 - Jan 19 with 714 viewsFtnfwest

Cricket: Really good day for England on 17:07 - Jan 19 by gainsboroughblue

Providing it doesn't impinge on his batting further, there could be a strong case for Root being considered as the 2nd spinner when necessary.

I think he always has been really. Has often chipped in with the odd wicket when nothing much happening. There’s Denly as well but we really need to be hoping we can replace him over the next 6-12 months. Hoping Crawley might work out at nr 3 once Burns is back.
Cricket: Really good day for England on 17:43 - Jan 19 with 704 viewshampstead_blue

SA's batting was woeful.

Less than 100 runs in a day is simply running up a flag.
They should have been proactive. Take singles. Move the field.
On a pitch which rewards patience and skill they got it wrong.

Poor, very poor tactics. Seems odd when you've got the likes of Kallis in the backroom staff that they resort to such poor tactics.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:04 - Jan 19 with 697 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: Really good day for England on 17:31 - Jan 19 by Ftnfwest

I think he always has been really. Has often chipped in with the odd wicket when nothing much happening. There’s Denly as well but we really need to be hoping we can replace him over the next 6-12 months. Hoping Crawley might work out at nr 3 once Burns is back.

Yeah. I considered that when I posted. I was more thinking of those Asian tours where we traditionally play two front-liners with Root chipping in.

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:06 - Jan 19 with 688 viewsAce_High1

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:04 - Jan 19 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah. I considered that when I posted. I was more thinking of those Asian tours where we traditionally play two front-liners with Root chipping in.

Who do we think will be our spinners in Sri Lanka - Bess and Leach?
Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:09 - Jan 19 with 684 viewssolemio

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:06 - Jan 19 by Ace_High1

Yes, if Leach's health stands up.
Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 684 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:06 - Jan 19 by Ace_High1

I assume so. Off-break and slow left arm combination works well and Bess has certainly deserves another go. Leach has served us well too and has not done anything to warrant being discarded yet.

Ali needs a strong start in the CC this year as despite him generally batting 7/8, he is generally jettisoned from the side for his batting. I hope he does. He's a good and likeable character.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 679 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:09 - Jan 19 by solemio

Yes, if Leach's health stands up.

Good point. Forgot that.

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 653 viewsAce_High1

Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:10 - Jan 19 by gainsboroughblue

I assume so. Off-break and slow left arm combination works well and Bess has certainly deserves another go. Leach has served us well too and has not done anything to warrant being discarded yet.

Ali needs a strong start in the CC this year as despite him generally batting 7/8, he is generally jettisoned from the side for his batting. I hope he does. He's a good and likeable character.

Agreed. I hope the selectors don't jump the gun and pick Ali for Sri Lanka - he has had no cricket since September so will not be in any bowling form at all.
Cricket: Really good day for England on 18:38 - Jan 19 with 645 viewsMaySixth

Gutted for Leach.
The one time England post 500 and play on a turning pitch

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024