Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone on here got off jury service 19:49 - Jan 19 with 7627 viewsgerryitfc

I did once. Got home from holiday to find a letter on the door mat. When it said is there any reason why i wouldn't be suitable i said if i thought he/she was a Norwich fan I'd just find them guilty. I got let off and have never been asked since. I'd find it so boring.
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 19:53 - Jan 19 with 3395 viewsgainsboroughblue

Depends what the case is though surely. I got summoned last year and only got called up four days in. Of the 15 called into the court room, I was one of three who wasn't chosen so ended up being put on a reserve list and sent home. That was the sum total of my service.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 19:53]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:30 - Jan 19 with 3292 viewsfactual_blue

Good to see the notion of civic duty is alive and well.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:31 - Jan 19 with 3284 viewsLord_Lucan

I've got out of it twice

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:32 - Jan 19 with 3281 viewsHARRY10

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:30 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

Good to see the notion of civic duty is alive and well.

Good to see that such a numpty was kept away from jury service
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:34 - Jan 19 with 3274 viewsfactual_blue

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:31 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

I've got out of it twice

For which the country gives thanks unto the Lord.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 3264 viewsReuser_is_God

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 19:53 - Jan 19 by gainsboroughblue

Depends what the case is though surely. I got summoned last year and only got called up four days in. Of the 15 called into the court room, I was one of three who wasn't chosen so ended up being put on a reserve list and sent home. That was the sum total of my service.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 19:53]

Exactly the same happened to my Dad.

Are you my Dad?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:38 - Jan 19 with 3264 viewsfactual_blue

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:32 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

In Factual's Benevolent Dictatorship all justice will be summary, commensurate with the offence, and carried out with forgiving violence.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:51 - Jan 19 with 3226 viewsHARRY10

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:38 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

In Factual's Benevolent Dictatorship all justice will be summary, commensurate with the offence, and carried out with forgiving violence.

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 3217 viewsgerryitfc

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:32 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

I was 23.....a long time ago. Couldn't be bothered with it. You've never done it either by your comment.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:59]
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 3219 viewsKieran_Knows

I done it a couple of years ago. First week I had one case which lasted about 3 hours. The other 4 days I was either told to not bother coming in, or I had to go in then got sent home after 2/3 hours. The second week I had a case which lasted 2 (it may well have been 3 - can’t quite remember) days. The other days I was just told to not bother coming in.

I actually quite enjoyed it, would happily do it again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:08 - Jan 19 with 3177 viewsOldsmoker

Thanks to my youthful drunken behaviour the Criminal Justice system classed me as unsuitable for Jury duty. Lucky for me, all my employers who asked just thought I was a bit of a lad in my early days and it never stopped me getting a job.
So, long story short, get nicked and no Jury duty ever.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 3126 viewsLord_Lucan

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:08 - Jan 19 by Oldsmoker

Thanks to my youthful drunken behaviour the Criminal Justice system classed me as unsuitable for Jury duty. Lucky for me, all my employers who asked just thought I was a bit of a lad in my early days and it never stopped me getting a job.
So, long story short, get nicked and no Jury duty ever.

Nowadays you can get out of it quite easy but back in the early 90's you had to have been convicted within x amount of years of an offence capable of imprisonment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:38 - Jan 19 with 3089 viewsgerryitfc

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:31 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Nowadays you can get out of it quite easy but back in the early 90's you had to have been convicted within x amount of years of an offence capable of imprisonment.

Mine was roughly 95 which was lucky then.
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:38 - Jan 19 with 3088 viewsHARRY10

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 20:54 - Jan 19 by gerryitfc

I was 23.....a long time ago. Couldn't be bothered with it. You've never done it either by your comment.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 20:59]

Which rather underpins my thought that your judgement (or lack of ) would not be fitted to jury service,
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:40 - Jan 19 with 3084 viewsgerryitfc

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:38 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

Which rather underpins my thought that your judgement (or lack of ) would not be fitted to jury service,

And still wouldn't be now.
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 3083 viewsLord_Lucan

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:38 - Jan 19 by gerryitfc

Mine was roughly 95 which was lucky then.

About 10 years ago my Mrs got a double murder which lasted about 10 days from memory. She really enjoyed it - and took it very seriously.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:46 - Jan 19 with 3066 viewsgerryitfc

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:43 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

About 10 years ago my Mrs got a double murder which lasted about 10 days from memory. She really enjoyed it - and took it very seriously.

I can get that but for me it just doesn't do it. The day I left school my attention span f****d off.
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:44 - Jan 19 with 2996 viewsGuthrum

I don't object to doing it in principle, but it would be a nightmare to be summoned just as I had a string of time-sensitive work projects lined up. Being a sole trader, it could put a serious dent in my business and possibly alienate customers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:46 - Jan 19 with 2983 viewsjeera

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:44 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

I don't object to doing it in principle, but it would be a nightmare to be summoned just as I had a string of time-sensitive work projects lined up. Being a sole trader, it could put a serious dent in my business and possibly alienate customers.

Would that suffice nowadays?

Surely would. Got a business to run guv and no back up and all that would have to be taken into consideration.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:50 - Jan 19 with 2972 viewsGuthrum

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:46 - Jan 19 by jeera

Surely would. Got a business to run guv and no back up and all that would have to be taken into consideration.

I didn't think it did.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:51 - Jan 19 with 2967 viewsjeera

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:50 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

I didn't think it did.

Oh fair enough mate. I was sort of asking rather than assuming.

I have no idea but hoped common sense would have some place.

Put like that, then probably not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:56 - Jan 19 with 2959 viewsOldsmoker

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 21:31 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe I got lucky and never got selected.
I was told that I would never be a civil servant or a police officer or be selected for jury service.
None of these futures appealed to be me so meh.
All because I was walking home with 8 pints in my gut and a traffic cone on my head.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 00:10 - Jan 20 with 2885 viewsGuthrum

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:51 - Jan 19 by jeera

Oh fair enough mate. I was sort of asking rather than assuming.

I have no idea but hoped common sense would have some place.

Put like that, then probably not.

You could be right. Would certainly hope it was possible to defer. Have never been called, so not needed to deal with such a problem.

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 00:43 - Jan 20 with 2858 viewsSarge

Has anyone on here got off jury service on 22:46 - Jan 19 by jeera

I got out of it because I was away at uni and had exams coming up.
Has anyone on here got off jury service on 08:32 - Jan 20 with 2682 viewsitfcjoe

Never been called, would like to do it but would struggle with work now.

A few friends have had interesting cases, but they just drag on - one girl did a murder case and you'd lose a day doing a visit somewhere so in 8-9 weeks most days were a few hours if even that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024