Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently boling my pxss 08:35 - Jan 20 with 11320 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, Tory MP for Ipswich visiting an Ipswich Food Bank over the weekend, posting pictures on his FB page and praising the volunteers hard work.

Amazing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Currently boling my pxss on 08:37 - Jan 20 with 3608 viewsHerbivore

This is what Cameron meant by the Big Society, charities and volunteers fulfilling the social care needs of society so the Tory government can focus on the real priorities of the country, like giving tax breaks to their rich mates.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Currently boling my pxss on 08:39 - Jan 20 with 3595 viewsReuser_is_God

The fact we elected him over Sandy is mind boggling.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Currently boling my pxss on 08:43 - Jan 20 with 3561 viewsHogger

Currently boling my pxss on 08:37 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

This is what Cameron meant by the Big Society, charities and volunteers fulfilling the social care needs of society so the Tory government can focus on the real priorities of the country, like giving tax breaks to their rich mates.

It's one of the issues I really struggle with. My wife and I volunteer with the local Food Bank but I cannot shake the sense that by doing so we are propping up a system and a party that I despise. What keeps me doing it is seeing how much people need help and knowing that the Tories will never provide that whether I help or not....
Currently boling my pxss on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 3546 viewsLord_Lucan

Currently boling my pxss on 08:43 - Jan 20 by Hogger

It's one of the issues I really struggle with. My wife and I volunteer with the local Food Bank but I cannot shake the sense that by doing so we are propping up a system and a party that I despise. What keeps me doing it is seeing how much people need help and knowing that the Tories will never provide that whether I help or not....

Is the problem that food banks exist or that people need them?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Currently boling my pxss on 08:47 - Jan 20 with 3531 viewsHerbivore

It's a real tough one, mate. People like you are solid gold for doing your bit, but in one of the wealthiest countries in the world it's pretty shocking that we need food banks staffed by volunteers in order that everyone eats. After the GE part of me thought a lot of these organisations should give up and see what happens for a bit in the hope it shames the government into doing something or the public into voting for change. Problem is that it's the most in need and vulnerable that would suffer and you can't play politics with people's lives (unless you're a Tory of course in which case it's all part of the cut and thrust of it).

Currently boling my pxss on 08:48 - Jan 20 with 3533 viewsSomethingBlue

Wonder if he can actually find Ipswich on a map yet. Everyone who voted for him rather than someone with deep, involved, long-standing concern for the local community needs their sanity testing. What an utter mess.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Currently boling my pxss on 08:51 - Jan 20 with 3501 viewsGaryCooper

Currently boling my pxss on 08:39 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

The fact we elected him over Sandy is mind boggling.

Is it really? A very large leave majority and a sitting MP elected on a platform of obeying the will of the people then votes against leaving, not really mind boggling at all.
Currently boling my pxss on 08:58 - Jan 20 with 3440 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What's the problem?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Currently boling my pxss on 08:59 - Jan 20 with 3424 viewsHerbivore

ABB, you're allowed to say piss on TWTD by the way.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 3420 viewsPinewoodblue

Currently boling my pxss on 08:51 - Jan 20 by GaryCooper

Is it really? A very large leave majority and a sitting MP elected on a platform of obeying the will of the people then votes against leaving, not really mind boggling at all.

The problem isn’t the people who voted for him it is those who didn’t bother to vote. I still find it difficult to understand why turnout in the Ipswich constituency, where your vote could make a difference, was lower than in Suffolk South where the outcome was never in doubt.

A failure, at local level, to get the message over on the door step. If you want to make a change you have to put the effort in, like we did in the sixties.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 3420 viewsartsbossbeard

Currently boling my pxss on 08:59 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

ABB, you're allowed to say piss on TWTD by the way.

I kinda knew that but thought it a bit much for an OP.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:03 - Jan 20 with 3403 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 09:01 - Jan 20 by Pinewoodblue

The problem isn’t the people who voted for him it is those who didn’t bother to vote. I still find it difficult to understand why turnout in the Ipswich constituency, where your vote could make a difference, was lower than in Suffolk South where the outcome was never in doubt.

A failure, at local level, to get the message over on the door step. If you want to make a change you have to put the effort in, like we did in the sixties.

I imagine the difference is demographics. The population of South Suffolk will be older than the population of Ipswich and old people tend to vote in greater numbers. They don't feel disenfranchised by a broken system in the way younger people do.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:03 - Jan 20 with 3406 viewsfactual_blue

Talk of the Big Society brings this to mind....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Currently boling my pxss on 09:07 - Jan 20 with 3376 viewsDubtractor

Yep. "Big Society" sounds lovely as a sound bite, but really it is a disgusting premise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Currently boling my pxss on 09:09 - Jan 20 with 3367 viewsHARRY10

Currently boling my pxss on 09:03 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I imagine the difference is demographics. The population of South Suffolk will be older than the population of Ipswich and old people tend to vote in greater numbers. They don't feel disenfranchised by a broken system in the way younger people do.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/20/uk-benevolent-funds-hand-out-216
Currently boling my pxss on 09:11 - Jan 20 with 3356 viewsitfcjoe

Nowhere near as serious, but he used his opening speech to say he is a Newcastle fan and not an Ipswich one!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Currently boling my pxss on 09:12 - Jan 20 with 3336 viewsartsbossbeard

Currently boling my pxss on 09:11 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

Nowhere near as serious, but he used his opening speech to say he is a Newcastle fan and not an Ipswich one!

Did he really??

He enjoys a good old fashioned fox hunt too.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 3298 viewsitfcjoe

Currently boling my pxss on 09:12 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Did he really??

He enjoys a good old fashioned fox hunt too.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-mp-s-maiden-speech-1-6466098

Where is he from? Went to school etc?

Currently boling my pxss on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 3278 viewsartsbossbeard

Currently boling my pxss on 09:15 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-mp-s-maiden-speech-1-6466098

Where is he from? Went to school etc?

I believe he's from Ely, Cambs. Not sure on his schooling though.

He's stood before up north somewhere and was the Media Manager for The Countryside Alliance.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:19 - Jan 20 with 3267 viewsPinewoodblue

I assume you are an Ipswich voter and you wanted Sandy to retain his seat. Do you think you personally did as much as you could to make it happen?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:19 - Jan 20 with 3266 viewsHARRY10

that's because the can't be 'sacked'

there's no fear of losing their 'job' or having a wage cut so it matters little to them why things change
Currently boling my pxss on 09:19 - Jan 20 with 3262 viewsitfcjoe

Currently boling my pxss on 09:18 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

I believe he's from Ely, Cambs. Not sure on his schooling though.

He's stood before up north somewhere and was the Media Manager for The Countryside Alliance.

Just found out he went to Kings in Ely, so understandable not being a town fan and least he has some local-ish links.

I haven't seen much of him so far, but doesn't seem a massive tw@t, just a shame he couldn't have had one of the safe rural seats if he is a Countryside Alliance man as most of what they do isn't relevant to Ipswich.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:20 - Jan 20 with 3240 viewsHerbivore

Currently boling my pxss on 09:19 - Jan 20 by Pinewoodblue

I assume you are an Ipswich voter and you wanted Sandy to retain his seat. Do you think you personally did as much as you could to make it happen?

I'm a Norwich North voter.

Currently boling my pxss on 09:23 - Jan 20 with 3216 viewsnoggin

That maddest thing I saw in the build up to the GE, was a volunteer at a food bank in Uxbridge, admitting she would be voting for Boris.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Currently boling my pxss on 09:25 - Jan 20 with 3207 viewsLord_Lucan

So to repeat.

Is the problem that food banks exist or that people need them?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024