Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? 19:34 - Jan 20 with 29708 viewsDubtractor

Obviously he is a bellend, but if anything defines privilege, it is that he was given a platform to perform on a national TV show when he has precisely nil musical talent. Nothing about his appearance is about talent, nothing whatsoever.

I should add, it is worth a listen to his performance to marvel at just how bad it is. It isn't even mediocre, its utterly awful.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/video-lawrence-fox-performing-je
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 19:58]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:48 - Jan 20 with 9205 viewsHerbivore

He's famous for being Billie Piper's ex-husband. Why was he even on Question Time?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 9183 viewsDanTheMan

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:48 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

He's famous for being Billie Piper's ex-husband. Why was he even on Question Time?

I honestly had no idea who he was until I looked him up, and even then I'm almost certain I've never actually seen him in anything.

I did however serve the Lewis guy in the Co-op in Woburn Sands when I used to work there.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 19:53 - Jan 20 with 9156 viewsLankHenners

Every now and then some relatively unknown actor/singer/'personality' etc. decides/is advised to spout a load of b0ll0cks to manufacture some outrage and boost their profile. Thanks to people like Piers Morgan and Ricky Gervais, there's a big market for 'saying things you're not allowed to say' which is usually some old guff which fits under a vague umbrella of 'non-pc'.

It only adds to my water-tight theory that politics and general cultural discussion in this country would be improved immeasurably if Question Time was binned off.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 20:30 - Jan 20 with 9064 viewsunstableblue

Jeeze he's a bad singer. Can we also cover just how untalented Cheryl Cole is? her delusion at being some exponent of dance is sad.

But anyway lets not lower ourselves to criticising others.... well apart from Piers Morgan. There is something wrong with our society whilst that person is given a prime time slot and general air time. His Twitter followers are hideous.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 20:44 - Jan 20 with 9049 viewsTrequartista

He said the Labour leader should be selected on merit and that although racism exists everywhere, Britain is not a racist country.

Perfectly reasonable statements that I would think a majority of people in the country would agree with, but the woke thought police were not best pleased!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:14 - Jan 20 with 8915 viewsLankHenners

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 20:44 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

He said the Labour leader should be selected on merit and that although racism exists everywhere, Britain is not a racist country.

Perfectly reasonable statements that I would think a majority of people in the country would agree with, but the woke thought police were not best pleased!

An unsurprisingly selective and reductive take on the matter.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:17 - Jan 20 with 8912 viewsJ2BLUE

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:14 - Jan 20 by LankHenners

An unsurprisingly selective and reductive take on the matter.

Amir Khan said the same. Just making a general point...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:20 - Jan 20 with 8875 viewsLankHenners

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:17 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Amir Khan said the same. Just making a general point...

Don't think typing the name of someone who said something similar is getting near making a point tbh.

Login to get fewer ads

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 8870 viewsJ2BLUE

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:20 - Jan 20 by LankHenners

Don't think typing the name of someone who said something similar is getting near making a point tbh.

I just posted it for info. I meant I wasn't posting it to prove anything as it's just one opinion. I've never heard of the OP but apparently he has been destroyed for making the comments he did.

Truly impaired.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:30 - Jan 20 with 8855 viewsDubtractor

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:24 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

I just posted it for info. I meant I wasn't posting it to prove anything as it's just one opinion. I've never heard of the OP but apparently he has been destroyed for making the comments he did.

TO be clear he didn't get destroyed for the comments Trequartista has selectively highlighted.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:31 - Jan 20 with 8846 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea who he is. I've seen his name floating around but it's all meaningless waffle as far as I'm concerned. Usual culture war type bollox that dominates social media.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:40 - Jan 20 with 8796 viewsLankHenners

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:24 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

His comment which sparked the outrage cycle was about it being racist to point out he's a 'privileged white man', which he is.

As I said above, this happens from time to time when some sad case wants attention as even if what they say is complete nonsense, like his was, and they get dunked online for it they can go 'looks like I triggered the woke brigade!' or whatever and a load of mouth-breathers whose whole Twitter feed is retweets of Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson videos will support them and it keeps them in what counts for 'news' these days.

He won't be 'destroyed'. He'll get a load of people calling him a tw@t and a load more tw@ts backing him then when it's calmed down he'll fade back into obscurity and some other prick will take his place.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:43 - Jan 20 with 8798 viewsTrequartista

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:30 - Jan 20 by Dubtractor

TO be clear he didn't get destroyed for the comments Trequartista has selectively highlighted.

I didn't watch the program, the comments are from two clips i have seen, one an exchange with an audience member over racism, and one with a panellist over the Labour leader.

What were the comments he was "destroyed" (a youtube title favourite there) for?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:49 - Jan 20 with 8759 viewsHerbivore

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:43 - Jan 20 by Trequartista

I didn't watch the program, the comments are from two clips i have seen, one an exchange with an audience member over racism, and one with a panellist over the Labour leader.

What were the comments he was "destroyed" (a youtube title favourite there) for?

I'm not sure he's been "destroyed" at all. He's spent more time in the media spotlight over the past week than he'd previously managed in his entire career.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:53 - Jan 20 with 8739 viewsJ2BLUE

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:40 - Jan 20 by LankHenners

His comment which sparked the outrage cycle was about it being racist to point out he's a 'privileged white man', which he is.

As I said above, this happens from time to time when some sad case wants attention as even if what they say is complete nonsense, like his was, and they get dunked online for it they can go 'looks like I triggered the woke brigade!' or whatever and a load of mouth-breathers whose whole Twitter feed is retweets of Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson videos will support them and it keeps them in what counts for 'news' these days.

He won't be 'destroyed'. He'll get a load of people calling him a tw@t and a load more tw@ts backing him then when it's calmed down he'll fade back into obscurity and some other prick will take his place.

Fair enough.

Truly impaired.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:59 - Jan 20 with 8704 viewsDubtractor

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 21:40 - Jan 20 by LankHenners

I'd like to give this more than one upvote.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:09 - Jan 20 with 8556 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's white and middle class, therefore he is not entitled to an opinion.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:11 - Jan 20 with 8521 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:09 - Jan 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's white and middle class, therefore he is not entitled to an opinion.

Did you actually watch him?

He offered little of substance.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:15 - Jan 20 with 8546 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:11 - Jan 20 by jeera

I saw some of it.

I agree, he didn't come across that well.

I disagreed with the person who tried to shut him down due to his ethnic origin and background.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:22 - Jan 20 with 8484 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:15 - Jan 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

I saw some of it.

I agree, he didn't come across that well.

I disagreed with the person who tried to shut him down due to his ethnic origin and background.

He also suggested Starmer as the most suitable Labour candidate.

Not that I have an issue with that, but when he was asked why he didn't seem to know.

When challenged by Chakrabarti, (no, not her biggest fan either), he just responded, "Oh well any of the women then", in a schoolboy like huff.

It was just awkward all round.

He really did seem clueless and so far from his depth.

He had views but didn't know why he had them.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:23 - Jan 20 with 8509 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:22 - Jan 20 by jeera

He also suggested Starmer as the most suitable Labour candidate.

Not that I have an issue with that, but when he was asked why he didn't seem to know.

When challenged by Chakrabarti, (no, not her biggest fan either), he just responded, "Oh well any of the women then", in a schoolboy like huff.

It was just awkward all round.

He really did seem clueless and so far from his depth.

He had views but didn't know why he had them.

Yes, didn't do himself any favours!

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:26 - Jan 20 with 8507 viewsMelford

I agree with all that that but I'm going to sound like a right snowflake here but I don't like the term mouth-breather as a derogatory term. I have a bashed-up nose that I can't breathe through due to getting smashed in the face by footballs and flying boots as a goalkeeper when I was a kid. I've got half a working nostril at best.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:30 - Jan 20 with 8495 viewsRyorry

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:11 - Jan 20 by jeera

And it wasn't just what he said, but the way that he said it (and you'd think an actor would realise that!)

Patronising, arrogant, sneery. Then when people of various non-white colour tried to explain to/educate him, he basically refused to learn - in fact next day wrote a tweet saying "why I'd never date a woke woman".

Unpleasant little scrote!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 23:32]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:38 - Jan 20 with 8443 viewsjeera

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:30 - Jan 20 by Ryorry

And it wasn't just what he said, but the way that he said it (and you'd think an actor would realise that!)

Patronising, arrogant, sneery. Then when people of various non-white colour tried to explain to/educate him, he basically refused to learn - in fact next day wrote a tweet saying "why I'd never date a woke woman".

Unpleasant little scrote!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 23:32]

Well, quite.

Though I'm not sure 'learn' is the right word, he came across as hard nosed and self-righteous. I'm sure he knows, he just doesn't give a feck.

A bit of a ***t frankly.

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:50 - Jan 20 with 8427 viewsLankHenners

Have we covered white privilege man Laurence Fox? on 23:26 - Jan 20 by Melford

I agree with all that that but I'm going to sound like a right snowflake here but I don't like the term mouth-breather as a derogatory term. I have a bashed-up nose that I can't breathe through due to getting smashed in the face by footballs and flying boots as a goalkeeper when I was a kid. I've got half a working nostril at best.

I appreciate that, apologies and sorry to hear that.

Won't edit out so not to lose the context of the posts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024