Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good 20:51 - Jan 20 with 1183 viewsDarth_Koont

Seems appropriate to post this here given the number of conspiracy theories that have done the rounds over the years.

Whether you believe in conspiracy theories or you don't (and get exasperated trying to debunk them with facts), both sides can gain something from listening to this.

Pronouns: He/Him

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 20:53 - Jan 20 with 1171 viewsJ2BLUE

Another disinformation agent telling us what to think.

Screw you DK!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:05 - Jan 20 with 1142 viewsDarth_Koont

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 20:53 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Another disinformation agent telling us what to think.

Screw you DK!

Damn it!! I've got a quota to fill or my lizard overlords won't be happy.

I'm going to put you down as a "Yes" anyway.

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:10 - Jan 20 with 1126 viewsGeoffSentence

I particularly enjoyed the opinion that conspiracy theories allow people who are otherwise ignorant and ill-informed to feel as if they are , in fact, knowledgeable.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 1106 viewsDarth_Koont

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:10 - Jan 20 by GeoffSentence

I particularly enjoyed the opinion that conspiracy theories allow people who are otherwise ignorant and ill-informed to feel as if they are , in fact, knowledgeable.

Yes, the psychology of it was fascinating.

I think what interested me most was the idea that real knowledge is way too slow and boring compared to conspiracy theories that can be exciting and instant (in the digital age). Certainly explains why it's almost impossible to counter them once they get traction - you're always playing catch-up and the truth generally sounds too dull to compete.

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:23 - Jan 20 with 1085 viewsJ2BLUE

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

I think what interested me most was the idea that real knowledge is way too slow and boring compared to conspiracy theories that can be exciting and instant (in the digital age). Certainly explains why it's almost impossible to counter them once they get traction - you're always playing catch-up and the truth generally sounds too dull to compete.

Another brilliant part of them is that anyone trying to debunk them is clearly in on it. It's always amusing to watch the bigger names in conspiracy circles. When they start out they are brilliant and a real asset to the truth movement. Then as they get a big too big the smaller fish turn on them and announce that the bigger fish is actually part of the conspiracy and is 'controlled opposition'. It's a bit like arguing with a religious person who has the get out of "it's all part of god's plan". In the conspiracy world it's all part of the conspiracy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 22:08 - Jan 20 with 1036 viewsfactual_blue

'They' just want you to think it's very good.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 1025 viewsfactual_blue

BBC's Infinite Monkey Cage podcast on Conspiracy Theories is very good on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

The best bit about conspiracy theories is when this happens

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024