Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union 00:52 - Jan 21 with 25912 viewsThe_Last_Baron

How are we all feeling about this impending historic moment?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:00 - Jan 21 with 9229 viewsjeera

Embarrassed for the likes of some of you.

I spent considerable time today with a senior consultant in the NHS and she just shook her head at it all.

I have now met several like her.

But you know best.

Dong.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 1:00]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:03 - Jan 21 with 9208 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:00 - Jan 21 by jeera

I spent considerable time today with a senior consultant in the NHS and she just shook her head at it all.

But you know best.

Dong.

What a miserable response.

Getting rid of the EU is going to be the making of the UK.

I've waited 25 years for us to free ourselves from this farce and Friday 31st will be majestic.

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:21 - Jan 21 with 9189 viewsNewcyBlue

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:03 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

I've waited 25 years for us to free ourselves from this farce and Friday 31st will be majestic.

They say ignorance is bliss....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:40 - Jan 21 with 9176 viewsjeera

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:03 - Jan 21 by The_Last_Baron

"What a miserable response."

Your pathetic trolling shouldn't be tolerated, but that's up to admin.

I'd gladly see the back of trash like you on here and in life in general.

A coward with no personal viewpoint, just repetitive, nonsensical soundbites that you've learned to say.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 02:03 - Jan 21 with 9154 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:40 - Jan 21 by jeera

A coward with no personal viewpoint, just repetitive, nonsensical soundbites that you've learned to say.

Sorry to hear you feel like this.

How about we meet for a pint of Guinness for the Wimbledon game and reminisce about the good old days?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 06:33 - Jan 21 with 9075 viewsBlueAllOver

You do realise for the next 11 months at least, very little will change, we keep paying the money but get no say?

The main thing for Brexiters now is that they won, not what the implications are for the country. What a time to be alive, whoop whoop, Blue Passports, less foreigners, we won so shut up remoaners, get Brexit done, repeat on cycle.

Yep can't wait for the historic moment.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:12 - Jan 21 with 9011 viewsclive_baker

You haven’t waited 25 years though have you? Be honest, until Farage peddled his anti EU agenda and he & his media buddies pushed it on to the masses through their hate campaigns you couldn’t have given less of a Sh1t about the EU or our involvement.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:17 - Jan 21 with 8989 viewsgordon

If they told you we were out of the EU but secretly we stayed in as a full member you wouldn't know the difference, though, would you?
Login to get fewer ads

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:17 - Jan 21 with 8980 viewsBluefish

In those 25 years have you managed to come up with how we will be better off? I'm yet to see any

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:24 - Jan 21 with 8967 viewsgordon

Actually, genuine question to the Baron of Brexit - I need to renew my passport, should I wait until the 1st Feb, will I then get the blue one? Or is that not happening?
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:26 - Jan 21 with 8969 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s called democracy.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:26 - Jan 21 with 8968 viewsOxford_Blue

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:00 - Jan 21 by jeera

But you know best.

Dong.

I know several judges including a high court judge who are delighted.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:28 - Jan 21 with 8960 viewshampstead_blue

Relaxed and expecting a bumpy ride for a short while.

Interesting news yesterday about an African investment forum. Opening new markets is a critical piece of making Brexit a success.

I certainly won't be celebrating, a normal early night for us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:46 - Jan 21 with 8917 viewsHerbivore

Even the arseholes that sold you this shambles aren't peddling this kind of utopian crap anymore. Instead they're warning businesses that some will suffer and saying we need to stop worrying about trade deals. They know we're screwed, it's a bit embarrassing you still think you've actually won something out of all this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:46 - Jan 21 with 8919 viewsChurchman

I’m not feeling much at all about it tbh. I would still have preferred to try and change the dreadful EU from within, but Remain lost the argument and as a democrat I’ve long since accepted that.

Little will change in the short term and the worst of potential crisis is 12 months behind us, in my view. I believe there is long term future benefits, but I hope the short term cost to people’s livelihoods isn’t too great.

It’s all about how business adjusts and what support government gives to support change that counts. Whilst this is phenomenally complex, I’m particularly thinking of agriproducts domestically and of course exporters. The main thing it can do is to simplify import/export procedures which are key blockers to business. The UK has one of the most efficient borders in the world, but it needs to be better.

Overall, it won’t be as bad as certain people think. Nor will it be ‘sunlit uplands’. 85% of what’s published in the media is plain rubbish or hysterical speculation to make a point. Things will work out ok.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:50 - Jan 21 with 8904 viewsHerbivore

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:26 - Jan 21 by Oxford_Blue

I know several judges including a high court judge who are delighted.

So?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:52 - Jan 21 with 8894 viewseireblue

I think, as someone has already posted about, some Brexit MP’s are rather confused.

For me, “feeling” about it, is irrational.

It will simply be a rational assessment of what Brexit politicians will deliver for the country over the next 10 years.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 07:54 - Jan 21 with 8882 viewshampstead_blue

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 01:40 - Jan 21 by jeera

Hang-on.....you're calling him out for trolling?
You spend most of your time slamming anyone who isn't of your persuasion.
Pot and kettle.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:09 - Jan 21 with 8853 viewsBloomBlue

Liberation from EU day, with democracy the winner.
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:17 - Jan 21 with 8832 viewsTonytown

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:09 - Jan 21 by BloomBlue

Liberation from EU day, with democracy the winner.

Well, democracy based on massive lies, but that’s ok as long as your side wins.

Sad times
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:25 - Jan 21 with 8806 viewsr2d2

Fantastic
Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:45 - Jan 21 with 8775 viewsitfcjoe

Looking forward to 'Remoaners' and 'Faceless bureaucrats' still being blamed for everything by Brexiteers who have no grasp on reality.

Things will get worse, cost of living will continue to creep up, I'll be mostly protected from that but plenty won't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 8750 viewsartsbossbeard

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:45 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

Looking forward to 'Remoaners' and 'Faceless bureaucrats' still being blamed for everything by Brexiteers who have no grasp on reality.

Things will get worse, cost of living will continue to creep up, I'll be mostly protected from that but plenty won't.

Tom Hunt will be praising even more volunteers at food banks without taking any responsibility for his party's actions too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:56 - Jan 21 with 8714 viewsTractorWood

I studied politics in depth 2005-2007 and it was just a peripheral issue, occasionally discussed along with a plethora of other academic issues. It was unnecessarily brought to the centre of politics to appease a long-standing, minority of Tories.

The complexity of the issues at hand was underestimated by everyone. In the run up to the referendum I didn't hear any of the following backstop, N. Ireland border, soft/hard etc. Just emotional sound bites to dumb down the web of complexity.

Best case scenario is that little changes and it proves to be the most expensive, clerical exercise in history. Worst case scenario is that the world's biggest trading block that has never witnessed an internal conflict continues to grow and thrive on our doorstep as we see a widening wealth deficit as a totally unregulated tax haven and resentment of previous generations who voted for it through rose tinted glasses or ignorance.

The notion that we will simply start increasing trade to remotely significant levels with Africa, India and other territories is fantasy and escapism.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ten days until the UK leaves the European Union on 08:57 - Jan 21 with 8703 viewsGlasgowBlue

Meh. Never understood people’s emotional attachment to a trading organisation and don’t understand people’s emotional attachment to leaving it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024