Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. 08:24 - Jan 21 with 1938 viewsartsbossbeard

A nightmare for anyone trying to get onto the A12/A14 at Copdock this morning.

I've turned back home.

2x Lorries have come together nr the bridge and the road is closed.

FYI.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 9:22]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Local traffic news: on 08:32 - Jan 21 with 1912 viewsKieran_Knows

What's also a nightmare is them closing off Sproughton Road at the Morrison's roundabout (think they're doing work to the bridge)! A 2 minute journey to get on to the A14 to then get on the A12 is now taking slightly longer each morning/evening!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Local traffic news: on 08:35 - Jan 21 with 1905 viewsartsbossbeard

Local traffic news: on 08:32 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

What's also a nightmare is them closing off Sproughton Road at the Morrison's roundabout (think they're doing work to the bridge)! A 2 minute journey to get on to the A14 to then get on the A12 is now taking slightly longer each morning/evening!

Wait 'til April when the groundwork gets sorted for the new house build between The Beagle roundabout and The Holiday Inn lights...

16wks closure according to the lady in the sales office there..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Local traffic news: on 08:38 - Jan 21 with 1890 viewsKieran_Knows

Local traffic news: on 08:35 - Jan 21 by artsbossbeard

Wait 'til April when the groundwork gets sorted for the new house build between The Beagle roundabout and The Holiday Inn lights...

16wks closure according to the lady in the sales office there..

Crumbs! I'm currently going through Sproughton (which is a nightmare in itself anyway along that street - but with the Bridge shutting, traffic is 10 times worse), then going down old London Road and joining the A12. Hopefully Sproughton Road will be open again by then as that will cause carnage!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Local traffic news: on 08:48 - Jan 21 with 1866 viewsitfcjoe

Even on my backroads it was a nightmare - had 2 lorries coming down what is basically single track roads between Foxhall Road and Bucklesham Road - my normal rat run was full of people who don't know the size of their car

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 09:44 - Jan 21 with 1739 viewsSitfcB

The sooner we get that Northern bypass the better.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 1623 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Rather expertly managed to get stuck in that twice this morning, as I headed to the gym first thing and got caught coming back at half 7, and then again doing nursery dropoff and into work

Bottom of Humber Doucy Lane in particular was an absolute pr*ck

Grrrr etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 12:15 - Jan 21 with 1561 viewsstonojnr

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 09:44 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

And the sooner traffic can block another road up :)
Local traffic news: on 23:57 - Jan 21 with 1372 viewsbournemouthblue

Local traffic news: on 08:32 - Jan 21 by Kieran_Knows

There are road works on Wherstead Road for added fun also

I normally drive but cycled in today, I arrived at 855, a colleague who comes in from the same side of Town as me arrived at 1005

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 08:34 - Jan 22 with 1271 viewsitfcjoe

And knock on effect today, way more people taking the backroads to clog them up!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Local traffic news: on 09:53 - Jan 22 with 1237 viewsITFC_Forever

Local traffic news: on 23:57 - Jan 21 by bournemouthblue

There are road works on Wherstead Road for added fun also

I normally drive but cycled in today, I arrived at 855, a colleague who comes in from the same side of Town as me arrived at 1005

There are no roadworks on Wherstead Rd at the moment.

There were hold-ups on Monday due to a bus hitting a bike, then yesterday due to the A14.

Today was fine.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 10:01 - Jan 22 with 1221 viewsGaryCooper

Local traffic news: UPDATE: A14 closed till lunchtime. on 09:44 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

The answer is to reopen the Ipswich underground, why this is not even explored as an option is madness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024