Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 refs summed up 14:35 - Jan 21 with 3379 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

League 1 refs summed up on 14:47 - Jan 21 with 3262 viewsHerbivore

That does sum it up rather nicely. He made the wall move forward ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League 1 refs summed up on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 3251 viewsBluefish

League 1 refs summed up on 14:47 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

That does sum it up rather nicely. He made the wall move forward ffs.

The fact that he wont accept the obvious mistake is brilliant. I was once booked in a game for counting the 10 yards out for a wall because the ref had done similar. He showed me the yellow and said if I mentioned it again it will be red. Madness rather that accepting a clear fact that a mistake had been made.

League 1 refs summed up on 14:51 - Jan 21 with 3237 viewsGuthrum

I suppose he thinks his stride length is more than a yard. Probably estimated it in six inch segments.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

League 1 refs summed up on 14:54 - Jan 21 with 3218 viewsitfcjoe

League 1 refs summed up on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Bluefish

The fact that he wont accept the obvious mistake is brilliant. I was once booked in a game for counting the 10 yards out for a wall because the ref had done similar. He showed me the yellow and said if I mentioned it again it will be red. Madness rather that accepting a clear fact that a mistake had been made.

I should get him pricing jobs for me if he thinks that is 10 yards, best not to let him order materials though.

VAR has caused this - so many refs needed by the PL for it that at all levels in the EFL they have had to promote refs not good enough

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League 1 refs summed up on 14:56 - Jan 21 with 3203 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

League 1 refs summed up on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 3190 viewsSouperJim

He must have the longest stride in all of football if just over 7 strides equals 10 yards. Depending on how tall you are, 10 yards is more than 10 normal strides for most people, a good ref will lengthen their stride slightly and then count out 10 strides (as you'll always get someone complain if you count out 12 strides for example, even if you know that's how many actually make 10 yards).

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Maybe we had already been made aware..... on 15:23 - Jan 21 with 3121 viewsBloots

.....that occasionally you've been known to labour a point?

Just a thought.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Maybe we had already been made aware..... on 15:30 - Jan 21 with 3082 viewsBluefish

Maybe we had already been made aware..... on 15:23 - Jan 21 by Bloots

.....that occasionally you've been known to labour a point?

Just a thought.

I was right though

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 refs summed up on 15:37 - Jan 21 with 3040 viewsFtnfwest

the grass cuts are nearly always 6 yards as there's two out to the pen spot and three to the edge of the area. From that picture they are, i'd say, between 8 and 9 yards away as there's barely any angle. But officials are officials...
League 1 refs summed up on 16:03 - Jan 21 with 2948 viewsHerbivore

League 1 refs summed up on 15:37 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

the grass cuts are nearly always 6 yards as there's two out to the pen spot and three to the edge of the area. From that picture they are, i'd say, between 8 and 9 yards away as there's barely any angle. But officials are officials...

Looks more like 7 yards to me, maybe 7.5 tops.

League 1 refs summed up on 16:06 - Jan 21 with 2944 viewsFtnfwest

League 1 refs summed up on 16:03 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Looks more like 7 yards to me, maybe 7.5 tops.

It's not quite a cut and a half which would be 9 yards, so somewhere up to a yard say less than that. Edit - no i was going from the still at the start after watching it through so yes more like 7.5 max
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 16:08]
League 1 refs summed up on 16:17 - Jan 21 with 2891 viewsHerbivore

League 1 refs summed up on 16:06 - Jan 21 by Ftnfwest

It's not quite a cut and a half which would be 9 yards, so somewhere up to a yard say less than that. Edit - no i was going from the still at the start after watching it through so yes more like 7.5 max
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 16:08]

Yeah, agreed. At the start they're 8-9 yards away but where he moves them to is 7-7.5 yards I reckon. Absolutely mad.

League 1 refs summed up on 16:43 - Jan 21 with 2840 viewschicoazul

I have to say this sounds most unlike something you would do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

League 1 refs summed up on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 2629 viewsGeoffSentence

Maybe his strides are 1.43meters long.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

League 1 refs summed up on 21:20 - Jan 21 with 2425 viewsDurovigutum

League 1 refs summed up on 14:58 - Jan 21 by SouperJim

He must have the longest stride in all of football if just over 7 strides equals 10 yards. Depending on how tall you are, 10 yards is more than 10 normal strides for most people, a good ref will lengthen their stride slightly and then count out 10 strides (as you'll always get someone complain if you count out 12 strides for example, even if you know that's how many actually make 10 yards).

Being a consummate professional before the game, during the pitch inspection, I pace the 18 yards from the goal line to the top of the penalty area to ensure my strides are a yard. The defenders always complain my long stride means they are more than 10 away, but I point out it's the same ten at the other end and if they didn't conceed the free kick it wouldn't be a problem....
League 1 refs summed up on 17:33 - Jan 22 with 2163 viewsChurchman75

League 1 refs summed up on 14:58 - Jan 21 by SouperJim

Very strange
I’m a referee, 6ft tall and 10 yards for me is 11 and 1/2 normal strides

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

League 1 refs summed up on 21:38 - Jan 22 with 1999 viewsronnyd

Obviously he,s cack at maths.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024