Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? 15:51 - Jan 21 with 2643 viewskizaitfc

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/lambert-plea-to-ipswich-fans/

I have seen on several occasions the home teams stewarding and policing blamed and even fined for similar instances.

For the number of town fans there Saturday there were no where near enough stewards to deal with such scenarios.

When you see the number we put on most away fans and they cant even get to the pitch

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 15:56 - Jan 21 with 2609 viewsitfcjoe

If fans want to get on the pitch then stewards can't stop them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:20 - Jan 21 with 2531 viewskizaitfc

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 15:56 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

Must have been like popping down the seaside at the weekend

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Not really on 16:33 - Jan 21 with 2489 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fans have to take responsibility for their own actions rather than look for a scapegoat in away stewards. PL says it all:

"Come and have a party, make all the noise you can and enjoy it. I’m for all that and I know how emotions can take over at games. I’ve had that myself but the pitch is for the players, not for supporters.

“All that happens then is people get arrested and banned. No one wants that.”

We all know this and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. OK, it a shame it's gone this way and many of us would have been on pitches in the past, but that's a moot point as things are different than they used to be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:35 - Jan 21 with 2478 viewsHerbivore

Disappointing to see Lambert having yet another pop at the fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:36 - Jan 21 with 2477 viewsSouperJim

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 15:56 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

Of course not, but fans are far less likely to attempt to get on the pitch if there is some kind of physical barrier. The stand was open like a barn door and there were nowhere near enough of a stewarding presence to put anyone off the idea either.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:37 - Jan 21 with 2471 viewsSouperJim

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:35 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

What, like he did over "flares"?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 2464 viewsChateauWines

Stewarding was very softly softly and friendly (especially the young blonde lady). After equaliser group of 40 or so of our fans came to the front. Obvious what their intentions were.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 2460 viewsFixed_It

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:35 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Hardly.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 2432 viewsHerbivore

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:39 - Jan 21 by Fixed_It

Hardly.

Way too easy.

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:45 - Jan 21 with 2417 viewsjontysnut

Still managed to get himself into the story
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:57 - Jan 21 with 2380 viewsIllinoisblue

They also had gaps in the advertising boards/fence... #askingforit

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 17:02 - Jan 21 with 2367 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Didn't mention Germany.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 17:11 - Jan 21 with 2345 viewsblueM3

So if there were no barriers and no stewards, it would mean people should just wander around on the pitch? Or should they show a little bit of common sense and stick to well known rules, of not encroaching on the playing area?

Shows how tin pot and juvenile some of our so called fans are on here and on Twitter that they are trying to justify it as being acceptable. If we nick a 95th minute playoff final winner, I'm pretty capable of celebrating in the stand.

Those that are humouring the lumbering idiot that waddles across the penalty area at Tranmere need to realise it doesn't make them 'lads'. Just idiots...
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 17:57 - Jan 21 with 2260 viewsMattinLondon

Go on the pitch if you’d like but expect to be banned.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 21:45 - Jan 21 with 2088 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"You can't be expected to obey ground regulations if the stewards don't stop me, its not my fault, I can't control myself"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 21:47 - Jan 21 with 2084 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The club has been fined, when our budget is tight enough that we can't sign anyone and we've probably only got one go at it with this budget.

But, as long as the fans can have fun.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 22:01 - Jan 21 with 2063 viewsBluearmy71

TBH its totally the opposite, he's actually looking out for the fans and the club, the club could face fines because of people on the pitch and again as PL pointed out our fans could find themselves with a lengthy ban away from football completely not just thrown out and miss 10 mins of a league 1 match!

I'm all for a pitch invasion but the occasion has to be right.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 22:02 - Jan 21 with 2061 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s the childish morons’ fault not the stewards’
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 22:35 - Jan 21 with 2020 viewsAlanG296

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 17:11 - Jan 21 by blueM3

So if there were no barriers and no stewards, it would mean people should just wander around on the pitch? Or should they show a little bit of common sense and stick to well known rules, of not encroaching on the playing area?

Shows how tin pot and juvenile some of our so called fans are on here and on Twitter that they are trying to justify it as being acceptable. If we nick a 95th minute playoff final winner, I'm pretty capable of celebrating in the stand.

Those that are humouring the lumbering idiot that waddles across the penalty area at Tranmere need to realise it doesn't make them 'lads'. Just idiots...

I thought that idiot was more mincing than lumbering.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 00:17 - Jan 22 with 1936 viewseddiespearitt03

One lad thought he was a fighter pilot with his arms spread out. He was taken out of the ground.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 05:55 - Jan 22 with 1832 viewsIPS_wich

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 16:36 - Jan 21 by SouperJim

Of course not, but fans are far less likely to attempt to get on the pitch if there is some kind of physical barrier. The stand was open like a barn door and there were nowhere near enough of a stewarding presence to put anyone off the idea either.

That’s a really good point - those barriers at Hillsborough did a damn fine job of keeping the fans off the pitch.

I know this a crass statement, but seriously...trying to apportion any blame on the stewarding and stand is like trying to blame the Ukrainian pilot for seeking to take off from Tehran the other week.

It’s pretty simple, the pitch is and always must be a no go area and the players and officials have every right to expect that no one encroaches.
Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 07:41 - Jan 22 with 1758 viewsBluefish

If they had been forming a wall it would be seen as over zealous stewarding. They wouldn't have been expecting a mini pitch invasion at such a nothing game. The pitch invasion was all a little staged with people consciously choosing to do so in slow motion and trying to work out what to do when they got there.

There had been arguing between the group at the front since before kick off because lots of them wanted to be at the back. I expect this played a part

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 07:45 - Jan 22 with 1746 viewsSwailsey

Lovely stuff.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 07:46 - Jan 22 with 1745 viewsHerbivore

Fan encroachment, surely the Tranmere stewarding needs to be questioned? on 07:45 - Jan 22 by Swailsey

Lovely stuff.

Thanks mate. Some of the new wave trolls on here could learn a thing or two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024