Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? 17:15 - Jan 21 with 841 viewsCoastalblue

Looking to stop and get lunch before the Posh game on the way from London. It's my birfday and the other half is coming with me, her second Town game ever, and fancy stopping somewhere along the way.

Will be driving through from London so ideally somewhere Colchester onwards, thinking pub grub rather than anything fancy and she's a veggie to complicate matters.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? on 17:41 - Jan 21 with 804 viewsMedwayTractor

Try the Railway Tavern in Kelvedon, menu includes veggie/vegan options, if the weather's fine, you can sit outside by the R. Blackwater.

It's on the main road through Kelvedon, at the Ipswich end of the village.

Edited extract from the pub's home page:

"The beer garden is a must see and only a short drive from Colchester.
​
Barry & Sue like to keep their pub traditional and offer classic pub food at reasonable prices believing that the pub is for everyone.
​
With the help of their daughter the pub is run with a family feel welcoming customers new and old!

Catering for Vegans, Gluten Free and many other dietary requirements."
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 21:19]

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 780 viewsfactual_blue

Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? on 22:59 - Jan 21 with 674 viewsCoastalblue

Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? on 17:41 - Jan 21 by MedwayTractor

Try the Railway Tavern in Kelvedon, menu includes veggie/vegan options, if the weather's fine, you can sit outside by the R. Blackwater.

It's on the main road through Kelvedon, at the Ipswich end of the village.

Edited extract from the pub's home page:

"The beer garden is a must see and only a short drive from Colchester.
​
Barry & Sue like to keep their pub traditional and offer classic pub food at reasonable prices believing that the pub is for everyone.
​
With the help of their daughter the pub is run with a family feel welcoming customers new and old!

Catering for Vegans, Gluten Free and many other dietary requirements."
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 21:19]

Thanks I'll have a look, lived next to the river Blackwater for over 20 years so some familiarity there.

Factual, actually I've been there, unless there's another one that's not close to Oxford? A bit of a detour and probably a little over budget for some pre-match grub.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anybody recommend somewhere for a pre-match lunch? on 07:20 - Jan 22 with 599 viewsBloomBlue

McDonald's on the A12 near Colchester ground, make it special eat-in instead of drivethru
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024