Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? 17:22 - Jan 21 with 2123 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I Really hope it wouldn’t happen, it’s just very Norwich. I saw a reply to ITFC tweet saying if we go up we are all piling on so get ready or something like that. I get it for last minute goals cause it’s very much heat of the moment stuff but can’t imagine celebrating wining league one on the pitch

Am I the only one who thinks it would be incredibly tinpot? Or am I being boring?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 2088 viewsITFC_Forever

Virtually every club has a pitch invasion at the end of the season if they achieve something.

Back in the day, there used to be one at end of the season, no matter what. That's why there's always a ring of stewards around the pitch towards the end of the last game of the season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:28 - Jan 21 with 2089 viewsPinewoodblue

My vote goes for you being boring.

Can still remember when we went up as Champions in ‘92. Fans standing pitch side of the advertising hoardings waiting for the final whistle., then heading for centre circle. Two walls of fans heading from North and South stands trying to get to halfway line first.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:33 - Jan 21 with 2059 viewstextbackup

Boring

However I predict that they’d line d1ck tw@t and slag (north stand stewards) up, about 30 people would make it on, while the nonces in the side stands sing ‘off the pitch off the pitch’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:33 - Jan 21 with 2054 viewsTractorCam

I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and have had nothing to celebrate. If we win the league, I hope I am on that pitch!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 2008 viewsm14_blue

You’re being boring
Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 2009 viewsITFC_Forever

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:28 - Jan 21 by Pinewoodblue

Can still remember when we went up as Champions in ‘92. Fans standing pitch side of the advertising hoardings waiting for the final whistle., then heading for centre circle. Two walls of fans heading from North and South stands trying to get to halfway line first.

Ha, we led the charge from the Churchmans End.... we watched most of the game from the back in the middle, and with 5-10 minutes to go, we started making our way to the front via lots of "excuse mes" to get through the packed crowd.

We'd almost made it to the front when Gavin Johnson scored, which actually did us a favour and allowed us to finish the journey in the surge. We then hopped over the wall and started to edge towards the pitch as more filled in behind us. I think my mate was virtually leaning on the goalpost when the final whistle went.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:43 - Jan 21 with 1990 viewsHARRY10

No, you are talking like an arse.

We are in L1 of our own making. Trying to say that somehow it is 'beneath us' is something most town fans would mock were it coming from another club's fans.

If we win the title then that is something to celebrate, as it means the team, club and to a lesser extent the fans have pulled together. Even if it is only promotion then I will celebrate....and want to get on the pitch.

We will be up, through our deeds - not by buying the winning ticket but by winning enough games.
Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 1929 viewsEastTownBlue

If you had been at Carrow Road in 2015 you would have seen how "very Norwich" a pitch invasion would be.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:22 - Jan 21 with 1908 viewsFtnfwest

No problem with that and some on the day celebrations. If we make it though it’s any mention of a coach trip that should be battered down.
Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:32 - Jan 21 with 1868 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The pitch invasion at Oxford the week before when we cinched promotion was great. Town fans from all four sides of the Manor Ground piling on.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:36 - Jan 21 with 1854 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't waste time worrying about this. If we go up there WILL be a mass pitch invasion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 1824 viewsFixed_It

You'll be the one left by himself in the stands. I'll try to remember to wave - but can't promise.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:05 - Jan 21 with 1775 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That was promotion to the Premier league though. I guess I just have a different view of this whole season. I want to get up and pretend this whole thing never happened if I’m honest

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:06 - Jan 21 with 1766 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:33 - Jan 21 by textbackup

Boring

However I predict that they’d line d1ck tw@t and slag (north stand stewards) up, about 30 people would make it on, while the nonces in the side stands sing ‘off the pitch off the pitch’

I wouldn’t be in that nonces category I would guarantee that, each to their own and if they enjoy it go for it. I just personally don’t think I would.

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:07 - Jan 21 with 1761 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:33 - Jan 21 by TractorCam

I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and have had nothing to celebrate. If we win the league, I hope I am on that pitch!

Fair enough, I’m a couple years more than you so feel the struggle, barely remember the prem season. As many people have pointed out I’m maybe turning boring before I’m even 30

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:10 - Jan 21 with 1747 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 17:43 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

No, you are talking like an arse.

We are in L1 of our own making. Trying to say that somehow it is 'beneath us' is something most town fans would mock were it coming from another club's fans.

If we win the title then that is something to celebrate, as it means the team, club and to a lesser extent the fans have pulled together. Even if it is only promotion then I will celebrate....and want to get on the pitch.

We will be up, through our deeds - not by buying the winning ticket but by winning enough games.

I understand how promotions works.

Maybe I am arrogant but I think we are above league one as a club. Hell I would say we are too big for league one. As are Sunderland and others. Hence why most fans would want Lambert out if we didn’t go up ? Everyone was saying when we went down, Ipswich town is not a club that belongs in league one. I still carry that attitude.

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:11 - Jan 21 with 1743 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 18:46 - Jan 21 by Fixed_It

You'll be the one left by himself in the stands. I'll try to remember to wave - but can't promise.

I won’t be the only one. Some elderly fans can’t make it on to the pitch. Some fans in the top tier maybe won’t bother. So not the only on

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:19 - Jan 21 with 1716 viewsjeera

I was considering in some part with agreeing with you.

But having now witnessed the kicking you're getting, you're on your own.

You loser, killjoy etc...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:21 - Jan 21 with 1711 viewsTractorCam

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:11 - Jan 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

I won’t be the only one. Some elderly fans can’t make it on to the pitch. Some fans in the top tier maybe won’t bother. So not the only on

I'm hoping if we were to go up it'd be Doncaster away!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:23 - Jan 21 with 1703 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:19 - Jan 21 by jeera

I was considering in some part with agreeing with you.

But having now witnessed the kicking you're getting, you're on your own.

You loser, killjoy etc...

Sometimes in life Jeera you just have to speak your mind.

However, these words have repercussions and in this case, it is being called boring..lots and lots of times

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:26 - Jan 21 with 1688 viewsjeera

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:23 - Jan 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sometimes in life Jeera you just have to speak your mind.

However, these words have repercussions and in this case, it is being called boring..lots and lots of times

I am pushin twice your age and have been speaking my mind my whole life.

I can inform you that it doesn't get any easier.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:31 - Jan 21 with 1679 viewsReuser_is_God

Boring.

However it needs to be nothing or the whole north stand, nothing inbetween.

I don’t expect anything from other areas of the ground.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:36 - Jan 21 with 1653 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:31 - Jan 21 by Reuser_is_God

Boring.

However it needs to be nothing or the whole north stand, nothing inbetween.

I don’t expect anything from other areas of the ground.

No way are the co op going on that pitch

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 06:33 - Jan 22 with 1400 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Pitch Invasion IF we win the league? on 19:36 - Jan 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

No way are the co op going on that pitch

I am in co-op upper and trust me I’ll be on the pitch, won’t be jumping though!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024