Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday 19:11 - Jan 21 with 4617 viewsKeaneish

Anyone else ditch their car in the Hilton car park and receive a fine? Apparently it's not accessible to football fans. Given the inadequate parking facilities (and by that i mean there were none) i've asked Oxford United to pay the bill. If you received a fine you can tap an email on to mine to help the cause; wishful thinking maybe...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 19:27]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 19:25 - Jan 21 with 3884 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good luck with that!

Does seem to be an issue with some of these out of town stadiums. The planners trying to be all green and forget about the practicalities.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 3858 viewsKeaneish

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 19:25 - Jan 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good luck with that!

Does seem to be an issue with some of these out of town stadiums. The planners trying to be all green and forget about the practicalities.

Worth a shot. I thought they only had three stands to make sure they had enough car parking facilities!

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 19:47 - Jan 21 with 3755 viewsBasuco

on Saturday in a resident only bay, hope it wasn't a Town fans car.
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 3695 viewsuefacup81

Have DM'ed you.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:11 - Jan 21 with 3657 viewsMeadowlark

I cycled......not all the way from Suffolk though, and I got soaked!
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:12 - Jan 21 with 3647 viewssparks

Wont be a fine. Will be a contractual charge. Were there clear notices?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:21 - Jan 21 with 3614 viewsSuperfrans

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:11 - Jan 21 by Meadowlark

I cycled......not all the way from Suffolk though, and I got soaked!

Ha. Me too. From the station.

Lost my phone on the journey too. Fortunately, it was handed into the police - so I was back in Oxford last night to pick it up.

👍🏻

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:26 - Jan 21 with 3581 viewsMeadowlark

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:21 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

Lost my phone on the journey too. Fortunately, it was handed into the police - so I was back in Oxford last night to pick it up.

👍🏻

Did you lock your folding bike up to the big lampost in the car park?
There weren't many bike-friendly spots were there?
I saw a Brompton(?) when I locked mine, but it was gone by the time I got out of the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:43 - Jan 21 with 3482 viewsSuperfrans

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:26 - Jan 21 by Meadowlark

Did you lock your folding bike up to the big lampost in the car park?
There weren't many bike-friendly spots were there?
I saw a Brompton(?) when I locked mine, but it was gone by the time I got out of the ground.

Yes. That was mine.

I left a bit early to beat the crowds. Having lost my phone I had no map to navigate me back to the station so thought I should give myself a bit of extra time.

Foul weather, wasn’t it? 😂

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 20:49 - Jan 21 with 3451 viewsWD19

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 19:47 - Jan 21 by Basuco

on Saturday in a resident only bay, hope it wasn't a Town fans car.

It was the resident that clamped it for safekeeping!

Source: This joke was brought to you by 1988.
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:54 - Jan 21 with 3427 viewsMeadowlark

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:43 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

Yes. That was mine.

I left a bit early to beat the crowds. Having lost my phone I had no map to navigate me back to the station so thought I should give myself a bit of extra time.

Foul weather, wasn’t it? 😂

I took shelter in a local pub after the match. The locals insisted they were the better team.
I think the weather was the winner!
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 21:00 - Jan 21 with 3400 viewsKeaneish

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:12 - Jan 21 by sparks

Wont be a fine. Will be a contractual charge. Were there clear notices?

Hard to say. I could barely see out of the windscreen for the rain. As it’s the Hilton I imagine they would have given the frequency of games there but whether they own the car park or whether It’s council owned, I’m not sure. I’ll look into it.

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 21:03 - Jan 21 with 3382 viewssparks

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 21:00 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

Hard to say. I could barely see out of the windscreen for the rain. As it’s the Hilton I imagine they would have given the frequency of games there but whether they own the car park or whether It’s council owned, I’m not sure. I’ll look into it.

A "parking charge notice" will be contractual by a parking company and has to be based on signage which makes terms of the contract clear.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 21:18 - Jan 21 with 3318 viewsChateauWines

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 20:49 - Jan 21 by WD19

It was the resident that clamped it for safekeeping!

Source: This joke was brought to you by 1988.

Back in Premier season a scouse mate of mine joined me for the game at Goodison. Parked in a side street and a local little urchin cane out. "Fiver to look after your car mate?" he enquired. My mate being local had the perfect response. "Its alright thanks mate, we've got a rottweiler in the car" The kid comes straight back with, "Put out fires does he?"

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 23:02 - Jan 21 with 3099 viewsStourbridgeblue

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 20:21 - Jan 21 by Superfrans

👍🏻

Good to hear

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 08:38 - Jan 22 with 2816 viewsitfcjoe

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 21:18 - Jan 21 by ChateauWines

Back in Premier season a scouse mate of mine joined me for the game at Goodison. Parked in a side street and a local little urchin cane out. "Fiver to look after your car mate?" he enquired. My mate being local had the perfect response. "Its alright thanks mate, we've got a rottweiler in the car" The kid comes straight back with, "Put out fires does he?"

I parked in a side street for an England game at Anfield and no-one asked me for money, when we walked back to the car there were a few with smashed windscreens and we were fearing the worst, some little urchin came out and said "Bet you are glad you gave us that £5er now..."!

I would have given it to them as knew that it would have been easier, but got lucky that time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 10:14 - Jan 22 with 2678 viewssoupytwist

I saw a car clamped at Tranmere on 21:18 - Jan 21 by ChateauWines

The only place I’ve been asked for money to mind the car was in Birmingham when Burley was manager. I think it was the first game after Sir Alf died, early May 1999.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 10:40]
£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 2650 viewsGeoffSentence

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 21:00 - Jan 21 by Keaneish

Sorry my freind, assuming you mean this car park for Hampton by Hilton just behind the ground

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.7167354,-1.2110508,3a,16.5y,104.29h,87.29t/dat

Looks like they have pretty clear signage all over the place.

Sadly I doubt that they would take the viewing conditions into account.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 13:17 - Jan 22 with 2473 viewsBluefish

You have asked Oxford United to pay your parking fine?

It isn't your most delusional post and probably doesn't even make your top 5 but it is still very special

Wonderful stuff

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It WAS raining though. (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 22 with 2422 viewsBloots

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 13:17 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

You have asked Oxford United to pay your parking fine?

It isn't your most delusional post and probably doesn't even make your top 5 but it is still very special

Wonderful stuff

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It WAS raining though. (n/t) on 13:43 - Jan 22 with 2412 viewsBluefish

It WAS raining though. (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 22 by Bloots

These people are allowed to vote and allowed to comment on twtd. Scary times

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 13:47 - Jan 22 with 2393 viewsKieran_Knows

2 hopes, and Bob's dead.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 14:01 - Jan 22 with 2360 viewsKeaneish

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 10:28 - Jan 22 by GeoffSentence

Sorry my freind, assuming you mean this car park for Hampton by Hilton just behind the ground

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.7167354,-1.2110508,3a,16.5y,104.29h,87.29t/dat

Looks like they have pretty clear signage all over the place.

Sadly I doubt that they would take the viewing conditions into account.

Were there that many? Blimey. Must have been in a hurry. Looks like a fine is in the offing then.

£100 parking fine from Oxford last Tuesday on 14:01 - Jan 22 with 2355 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine a rival fan saying our car park was full and asking them to pay their penalty notice from Novotel...

Ridiculous to even ask.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It WAS raining though. (n/t) on 14:03 - Jan 22 with 2342 viewsKeaneish

It WAS raining though. (n/t) on 13:43 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

These people are allowed to vote and allowed to comment on twtd. Scary times

Someone throw this puppy a squeaky toy; he's chewed the one i got him for Christmas...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024