Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub Quizzes 21:26 - Jan 21 with 1672 viewsFunge

The Cherry Tree in Woodbridge ran (indeed, still may run; I havent checked in all that recently) a very good pub quiz on a Thursday night. 40 questions, and you'd need a score in the low 30s as a minimum to win in any given week.

I'm pretty sure our man Melford has some pedigree with pub quiz skillz; didn't he win some local tournament or something?

Anyway, turns out that the pub quiz run is a thing. There is a lot called Tripartite who used to go around all the weekly quizzes in IP4 - three ex-teachers, all mad competitive, all dicks. They won everything. They were my nemeses.

In any case, I require good local pub quizzes. Any recommendations gratefully received.
Pub Quizzes on 21:37 - Jan 21 with 1638 viewsMeadowlark

We used to compete a lot 20 years ago.
Best prize we ever won was a trip to Hamburg for the whole pub!

I stopped doing them when "General Knowledge" started to mean what was on TV.

However, there is a fine music quiz once a month in @StanfordArmsPub Lowestoft.
Pub Quizzes on 21:42 - Jan 21 with 1628 viewsLord_Lucan

All gone now but back in the day The Brickies Monday night quiz and bingo was an evening of beauty.

Halcyon days.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pub Quizzes on 21:43 - Jan 21 with 1626 viewsFunge

Pub Quizzes on 21:42 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

All gone now but back in the day The Brickies Monday night quiz and bingo was an evening of beauty.

Halcyon days.

Was that when Scotty had his machine - 'Bingo Betty the Ball Blower', or whatever it was?
Pub Quizzes on 22:02 - Jan 21 with 1589 viewsLord_Lucan

Pub Quizzes on 21:43 - Jan 21 by Funge

Was that when Scotty had his machine - 'Bingo Betty the Ball Blower', or whatever it was?

Yes, that's the one.

It was covered in pink fur. He had nowhere to put it in between bingo sessions so it ended up living in the disabled toilet which then remained out of order for three years.

Dalai and I never missed a Monday.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pub Quizzes on 22:09 - Jan 21 with 1567 viewsPJH

Going back a while my best mate ran the pub quiz at The Cherry Tree but he passed away suddenly coming up to nine years ago-on Prince William's wedding day-don't know if you were going that far back and don't know if they still do a quiz.
Pub Quizzes on 22:38 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewshatch

Pub Quizzes on 22:09 - Jan 21 by PJH

Going back a while my best mate ran the pub quiz at The Cherry Tree but he passed away suddenly coming up to nine years ago-on Prince William's wedding day-don't know if you were going that far back and don't know if they still do a quiz.

I grew up on his pub quizzes at the Cherry Tree, he got me into them. He was great and I think he even made the paper when he passed away such was the figure he was in Woodbridge. I’ve not actually been back since for a quiz.
Pub Quizzes on 23:24 - Jan 21 with 1479 viewsFunge

Pub Quizzes on 22:09 - Jan 21 by PJH

More recent than that, but ta.

Sorry to hear about your mate.
Pub Quizzes on 23:49 - Jan 21 with 1454 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cherry Tree still does a quiz on a Thursday AFAIK - been to a few and even though I like a quiz ( I set our Annual Village Quiz), it's quite tough - need to be Chaser quality to win..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Pub Quizzes on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 1330 viewsPJH

Pub Quizzes on 22:38 - Jan 21 by hatch

I grew up on his pub quizzes at the Cherry Tree, he got me into them. He was great and I think he even made the paper when he passed away such was the figure he was in Woodbridge. I’ve not actually been back since for a quiz.

Yes he was very well known in and around Woodbridge and is still much missed by many, myself included.

He and I had the same sense of humour and sometimes when something happened or was said we would only need to look at each other to know that we were both thinking the same thing.

RIP Richard Edwards.
Pub Quizzes on 09:27 - Jan 22 with 1324 viewsitfcjoe

The Brewey Tap one was decent, but used to drag on too long and because of the layout of the pub meant a few hidden tables who always seemed to miraculously win

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pub Quizzes on 17:08 - Jan 22 with 1235 viewswoodbridge_blue

If you are looking for a quiz specifically in Woodbridge, the Bell and Steelyard run one on the first Tuesday of each month....although the chap that does it is a Town season ticket holder so the 3rd of March will be changed.

Early booking advisable as it's quite popular.

Next one is 4th February.
Pub Quizzes on 18:18 - Jan 22 with 1200 viewsMelford

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/pub-quiz-team-crowned-champions-of-east-anglia-1-559

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Pub Quizzes on 18:35 - Jan 22 with 1174 viewslongtimefan

Pub Quizzes on 23:49 - Jan 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Cherry Tree still does a quiz on a Thursday AFAIK - been to a few and even though I like a quiz ( I set our Annual Village Quiz), it's quite tough - need to be Chaser quality to win..

Definitely still happens on Thursdays. Went a couple of weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024