Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some collapse 21:39 - Jan 21 with 3283 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Wycombe won’t even make the playoffs after being 7 clear not long ago.

Their momentum is well and truly gone now.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Some collapse on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 3210 viewsbilllm

Tbh I never thought they would very small squad, and to come from near relegation last year to top 6 very difficult,
Some collapse on 21:54 - Jan 21 with 3166 viewsclive_baker

Bang average side. Credit to them, they've over achieved relative to their quality but I don't think they've got the depth. Remind me a little of us in the Championship 2014 / 15, and wouldn't be surprised to see them drop off like we did. Coventry and Rotherham are the main threats to us IMO and the best sides I've seen at this level this season. Sunderland have found some form but they've had a nice run of fixtures, and Peterborough are a bit hit & miss.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Some collapse on 21:58 - Jan 21 with 3146 viewsSharkey

According to the Sporting Life site, the crowd at Peterborough tonight was 3800. If that’s right, It seems amazingly low to me. I thought they’d get about double that, their crap form notwithstanding.
Some collapse on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 3000 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Some collapse on 00:07 - Jan 22 with 2794 viewsbournemouthblue

Some collapse on 21:54 - Jan 21 by clive_baker

Bang average side. Credit to them, they've over achieved relative to their quality but I don't think they've got the depth. Remind me a little of us in the Championship 2014 / 15, and wouldn't be surprised to see them drop off like we did. Coventry and Rotherham are the main threats to us IMO and the best sides I've seen at this level this season. Sunderland have found some form but they've had a nice run of fixtures, and Peterborough are a bit hit & miss.

They're clearly pretty organised and playing a simple system which works for them

It is old school hoof merchantary at it's most raw, with some pretty disappointing timewasting and cynical tactics all rolled in

Whilst Gareth Ainsworth is doing a decent job on the budget he has, you do have to wonder what other chairman are seeing in him which they want exported to their club. It isn't exactly football that is going to get bums on seats, nor is it likely to be successful beyond League One or Two.

Fundamentally it's everything you don't want to see as a fan but it's hard to begrudge the Wycombe fans the short term success it has brought them so far.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Some collapse on 00:10 - Jan 22 with 2784 viewsIllinoisblue

Some collapse on 21:58 - Jan 21 by Sharkey

According to the Sporting Life site, the crowd at Peterborough tonight was 3800. If that’s right, It seems amazingly low to me. I thought they’d get about double that, their crap form notwithstanding.

Yep, just 3851 and only 257 fans from Wycombe. Pisspoor support from both of them

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Some collapse on 06:45 - Jan 22 with 2530 viewspeterleeblue

Some collapse on 21:58 - Jan 21 by Sharkey

The Sunderland game (My Family Derby) will be interesting.
Sunderland have definitely turned the corner. Goals from all over the pitch with no definitive 20 goal a season man. They are fitter and playing for Parkinson and the crowd unsurprisingly are getting back on side. I think the top 6 picks itself at the moment in no particular order.

Rotherham
Ipswich
Sunderland
Coventry
Oxford
Portsmouth
Some collapse on 07:15 - Jan 22 with 2443 viewsChrisd

Some collapse on 06:45 - Jan 22 by peterleeblue

Sunderland have definitely turned the corner. Goals from all over the pitch with no definitive 20 goal a season man. They are fitter and playing for Parkinson and the crowd unsurprisingly are getting back on side. I think the top 6 picks itself at the moment in no particular order.

Rotherham
Ipswich
Sunderland
Coventry
Oxford
Portsmouth

You can't rule out Burton Albion, Nigel Clough knows this league like the back of his hand and understands what's needed to get teams out of this division. Also, you have Doncaster Rovers looming, they outplayed us at home, we managed to escape with a fortunate 0-0 draw and that was during our good run at the beginning of the season. Still quite a few sides that have aspirations of finishing in that top 6, it's not done and dusted just yet.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 7:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Some collapse on 07:34 - Jan 22 with 2383 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Their bad run started 8 games ago - they’ve got 8 points during that time

During the same period we’ve got 9 points, despite the recent upturn

I do think they’ll carry on sinking though
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 7:35]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Some collapse on 12:08 - Jan 22 with 2066 views66notout

It may be a tad early to entirely dismiss them as contenders, especially when they are still in an automatic promotion place right now and two points better off than Town, albeit having played a game more.
Nor should they be written off because they lost 4-0 at Peterborough after being reduced to 10 men. I’ve known teams to go down by as much as 7-1 at London Road in similar circumstances.
Even if Wycombe fall by the wayside I can see it going right to the wire before the top-six situation is finally resolved.
Some collapse on 02:00 - Jan 23 with 1700 viewsJimInGreensboro

In fairness to Wycombe in the loss to Posh, they had an egregious pen called against them early on with a red card- I mean, it was an awful decision, looking at the replay.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 2:06]
Some collapse on 13:46 - Jan 23 with 1405 viewsFreddy

Some collapse on 06:45 - Jan 22 by peterleeblue

Rotherham
Ipswich
Sunderland
Coventry
Oxford
Portsmouth

Agree your top 6
Some collapse on 17:39 - Jan 23 with 1312 viewsPilgrimblue

Some collapse on 07:15 - Jan 22 by Chrisd

You can't rule out Burton Albion, Nigel Clough knows this league like the back of his hand and understands what's needed to get teams out of this division. Also, you have Doncaster Rovers looming, they outplayed us at home, we managed to escape with a fortunate 0-0 draw and that was during our good run at the beginning of the season. Still quite a few sides that have aspirations of finishing in that top 6, it's not done and dusted just yet.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 7:18]

Agree with that. Some sides have had their dips while others have yet to have a bad run. It's all about how teams finish in the run in so expect a surprise. That esp goes for top two places as I recall Luton did all their best work in closing stages.
Some collapse on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 1238 viewsSwansea_Blue

We were looking Wycombeesque only a couple of weeks ago. Glad we’ve stopped that little slide and hopefully it’s the only one we’ll have. I struggle to see Wycombe bouncing back, but it’s a funny old game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024