Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wren kitchens 17:15 - Jan 22 with 6799 viewsleftback

We’re having a small extension and new kitchen, building hasn’t started yet but trying to be organised we have been looking at new kitchens at various places, kind of like what wren offered but feels to early to decide for sure to go with them.......however today is the last day of their January sales so our quote won’t be valid tomorrow, worried same kitchen will be a lot more expensive when we are ready....any words of wisdom.....
Wren kitchens on 17:21 - Jan 22 with 6327 viewslowhouseblue

with these firms the next sale will be along very quickly. i used this firm who were good:

https://www.solidwoodkitchencabinets.co.uk

and after i bought in their sale their next sale started within about 3 days.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wren kitchens on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 6325 viewsitfcjoe

There is always a sale at Wren, just have to play hardball - product wise they are as good an 'off the shelf' mid range as you'll get, although not a huge amount of difference between them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wren kitchens on 17:25 - Jan 22 with 6299 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.diy-kitchens.com/

We're building some houses at the moment and using this firm. You need to do teh planning but if you have any lego (work with me) it's easy.
Also you can print off a planning kit, cut out the shapes and move stuff around.

I went to Wren in Swindon, bad experience. Would not give me a price, I have them the plans but they wanted to put me through their stupid sales process. I was fuming!!!!!

DIY are really nice. Lots of help on the phone.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Wren kitchens on 17:31 - Jan 22 with 6293 viewsLord_Lucan

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know one of their previous directors - I also just fitted a new kitchen

Howdens are good but Benchmarx were better and you can play them off against each other

Sales never end by the way and Wrens are Shisters.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wren kitchens on 17:41 - Jan 22 with 6229 viewsBloomBlue

I used Ashford and Brooks a few years ago, great kitchens. http://ashfordandbrooks.co.uk
Wren kitchens on 18:08 - Jan 22 with 6163 viewsfabian_illness

Recently fitted kitchens from Howdens, Benchmarx and Magnets. All fairly similar but Benchmarx probably just shaded it.
Somebody up our road had a Wren and although the product was good, the after sales wasn’t up to much.
Wren kitchens on 18:14 - Jan 22 with 6146 viewstrueblue1970

Wren kitchens on 17:31 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Howdens are good but Benchmarx were better and you can play them off against each other

Agree with Lucan so many horror stories,I had benchmarx and had a private fitter much much better, a few years ago in my last place when I couldn’t afford to pay out right I went with B&q 0% interest which was ok it very much depends on your fitters
Wren kitchens on 18:21 - Jan 22 with 6131 viewsCoastalblue

Going to second, or third this. When it goes wrong with Wren, and it often does with kitchens, then they are absolutely sh1t. Their aftersales is virtually non existant. I worked as a sparks for years and often did wiring for new kitchens, there is no price on earth that would make me buy from them.

Agree that Howdens are better, though they do have their own problems at times, if it were me, and they had something I liked I'd go play hardball with Benchmarx.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Wren kitchens on 18:49 - Jan 22 with 6069 viewsjas0999

Don’t use Wren. They charge a huge mark up on the installers and their product is no better than Howdens in my opinion. I’d avoid.
Wren kitchens on 18:58 - Jan 22 with 6031 viewsBluefish

Wren are outrageous for fitting and delivery. Howdens are great but knock them down to about 85% off

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Wren kitchens on 19:05 - Jan 22 with 6002 viewsdickie

We played off Howdens and Benchmarx against each other and got an insane discount. Benchmarx won it and we're really happy with the kitchen. My Dad had a Wren kitchen and had lots of issues - could just have been a one off though
Wren kitchens on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 6002 viewsWD19

I went with Wren about 10-12 years ago and they were great. Great product, super cheap and very helpful. I didn't use their fitting service.

However, I think I might have caught them in 'growth mode' when they were serious about establishing themselves. Everyone I speak to who has used them more recently say their quality and service stink the place out.
Wren kitchens on 19:14 - Jan 22 with 5978 viewsBluespeed225

I have a Wren, advantage is they are ready built, so i could just wack em' on the wall, they were good, or the worktop company was who they subbed out to, laser measured, fitted in a treat, but price did change from original meeting to final price, so hold out if you go with them! Howdens ready built too i think? Need an account there i think?
Wren kitchens on 20:14 - Jan 22 with 5888 viewsmanchego

https://www.schueller.de/en/kuechen/alle-kuechen.htm

spend the money. no regrets.
Wren kitchens on 20:54 - Jan 22 with 5831 viewsuppersirbob

I wanted a new kitchen 3 years ago went all around town wren benchmark howdens b&Q
Ended up getting it from KBB dales road they done the design with us and supplied we had builder fit
Great no pressure sales at KBB
Wren kitchens on 21:43 - Jan 22 with 5717 viewsJohnTy

Wren kitchens on 20:54 - Jan 22 by uppersirbob

I wanted a new kitchen 3 years ago went all around town wren benchmark howdens b&Q
Ended up getting it from KBB dales road they done the design with us and supplied we had builder fit
Great no pressure sales at KBB

I strongly recommend DIY kitchens. Quality products at very reasonable prices and an excellent firm to deal with.

https://www.diy-kitchens.com
Wren kitchens on 22:15 - Jan 22 with 5660 viewspennyfathersleg

Noooooo!

Do not use Wren Kitchens. Absolute shambles of a company. They couldn’t be more helpful whilst taking our money (which was quite a lot). As soon as the sale was completed, it was one disaster after another.

First fitter turned up. Ripped the old kitchen out. Went home early the next day as he had a dentist appointment. Didn’t ever come back again as he was ‘ill’. Wren had no other fitters. We had no kitchen. Chased them everyday, the didn’t really care, just kept saying they had no one to fit it.

After about 2 weeks, they eventually found a fitter. He came round and said that nothing in the plan fitted properly. He asked if someone had been round to complete a survey before the fitting. I said I didn’t know we were supposed have had one completed! Meanwhile, the bloke who actually sold us the kitchen had left the business! We had several visits from the Area Manager who was about as much help as a chocolate fire guard!

The kitchen took over a month to get fitted when we were originally told 3-4 days, maximum a week.

We received no compensation as they said that the company’s average kitchen fitting was 1 month, despite being told it would take 3/4 days.

Having said all of this, the kitchen does look nice now :-)
Wren kitchens on 22:21 - Jan 22 with 5643 viewsGeoffSentence

Wren kitchens are very,very small.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wren kitchens on 23:32 - Jan 22 with 5575 viewsFather_Jack

Wren kitchens on 22:21 - Jan 22 by GeoffSentence

Wren kitchens are very,very small.

Not quite as small as Goldcrest Kitchens I think you'll find.

Less is more.

Wren kitchens on 00:04 - Jan 23 with 5551 viewsDeano69

Wren kitchens on 18:14 - Jan 22 by trueblue1970

Agree with Lucan so many horror stories,I had benchmarx and had a private fitter much much better, a few years ago in my last place when I couldn’t afford to pay out right I went with B&q 0% interest which was ok it very much depends on your fitters

And another with the exact same story here!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Wren kitchens on 05:20 - Jan 23 with 5499 viewsdickie

Wren kitchens on 18:14 - Jan 22 by trueblue1970

We did a 0% B&Q kitchen in our old house for the same reason and had loads of problems - the design was flawed (wouldn't fit our standard size fridge freezer in the space left for it), we were midsold a really poor quality induction hob, the overall quality of finish by the installer was terrible - they ended up sending someone else to refinish the worktops, tiling, decorative bits. They also left the old kitchen in our garden for weeks after the initial installation (we were told it would be collected straight away). We ended up with about 1500 quid compensation which we used to pay a chunk off of the kitchen.
Wren kitchens on 05:49 - Jan 23 with 5488 viewsbluelagos

Surely the correct answer is to seek out Mickey Stockwell? Then you can take a week off work and talk footie with Ipswich's 3rd greatest ever player after Beatie and Muhren.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wren kitchens on 07:59 - Jan 23 with 5397 viewswrightsrightglove

Wren kitchens on 21:43 - Jan 22 by JohnTy

I strongly recommend DIY kitchens. Quality products at very reasonable prices and an excellent firm to deal with.

https://www.diy-kitchens.com

Another vote for DIY Kitchens. I've done a few and fitted kitchens from howdens and Benchmarx before and had a B&Q kitchen fitted but DIY Kitchens cost, quality and service make them stand out. Most recent was £3200 for a decent size kitchen, solid oak worktops, sink and taps including a couple of 1000 wide larder units and soft close doors. All pre built units and couldn't find anyone else who came close to that price.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:27 - Jan 29 with 5065 viewstrueblue1970

Wren kitchens on 08:29 - Jan 30 with 4921 viewslinhdi

Wren kitchens on 05:49 - Jan 23 by bluelagos

Surely the correct answer is to seek out Mickey Stockwell? Then you can take a week off work and talk footie with Ipswich's 3rd greatest ever player after Beatie and Muhren.

I did that. He did a great job at a really good price. On time and on budget. And lots of football chat too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024