Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! 18:33 - Jan 22 with 3690 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder if Pogba's agent has considered whether he is matching Utd's ambitions!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:18 - Jan 22 with 3113 viewsChrisd

The only thing he’s worried about is making his money on any future transfer deal. Agents, another reason why the modern game is going down the swanny.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:31 - Jan 22 with 3091 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:18 - Jan 22 by Chrisd

The only thing he’s worried about is making his money on any future transfer deal. Agents, another reason why the modern game is going down the swanny.

I think the same agent is representing the player Man U are supposed to be trying to bring in so he is on a win-win. Pressurise Utd to get that deal done and he gets his commission or Pogba pushes for a move and he gets his commission.

Why a club still signs a player that has a reputation for sulking like that I don't entirely get. Sooner or later he will be refusing to do the business for the new club. I suppose the manager expects to have moved on before that happens.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 07:38 - Jan 23 with 2986 viewsChrisd

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:31 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the same agent is representing the player Man U are supposed to be trying to bring in so he is on a win-win. Pressurise Utd to get that deal done and he gets his commission or Pogba pushes for a move and he gets his commission.

Why a club still signs a player that has a reputation for sulking like that I don't entirely get. Sooner or later he will be refusing to do the business for the new club. I suppose the manager expects to have moved on before that happens.

I think you're talking about Pogba and Fernandes Nthsuffolkblue? They have different representation. Pogba's agent is Mino Raiola and Bruno Fernandes' is Jorge Mendes.

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:09 - Jan 23 with 2954 viewsgordon

To be fair, this is quite good banter though:

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:10 - Jan 23 with 2941 viewsHerbivore

I'm not sure Pogba is nearly as good as he likes to think he is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:29 - Jan 23 with 2926 viewsitfcjoe

Without wishing to defend Pogba, as his conduct is poor, he was signed for basically a world record fee as a 'superstar' and Man U have turned into also rans. I'm not sure any star would be big enough to drag them up to the level they 'should' be at.

The big players are brands on their own now, whether we like it or not - and they need to be playing in the Champions League. If they aren't, and not looking like they are going to for the next 2 seasons, then they need to get out.

This will be their 5th season out of 7 finishing outside the top 4, for all the stick Mourinho got, he won the Europa League one year, then finished 2nd the next - they are an absolute shambles when you see how much they spend. Could argue they are the biggest underperformers in the PL

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:40 - Jan 23 with 2910 viewsChrisd

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:29 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

Without wishing to defend Pogba, as his conduct is poor, he was signed for basically a world record fee as a 'superstar' and Man U have turned into also rans. I'm not sure any star would be big enough to drag them up to the level they 'should' be at.

The big players are brands on their own now, whether we like it or not - and they need to be playing in the Champions League. If they aren't, and not looking like they are going to for the next 2 seasons, then they need to get out.

This will be their 5th season out of 7 finishing outside the top 4, for all the stick Mourinho got, he won the Europa League one year, then finished 2nd the next - they are an absolute shambles when you see how much they spend. Could argue they are the biggest underperformers in the PL

Their spending matches that of their rivals in the light blue half of Manchester, but there is a huge chasm between each club, they aren't even comparable. In a way, it's quite enjoyable seeing a club of United's size and stature struggling, it gives their fans a taste of reality after their 'golden years' under Fergie of what the majority of us have to manage with on a weekly basis.

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 09:46 - Jan 23 with 2842 viewsStokieBlue

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:10 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

This is exactly it.

Maximise any signing on fees and wages before everyone works out he doesn't really do very much.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 09:48 - Jan 23 with 2836 viewsRadlett_blue

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:40 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

Their spending matches that of their rivals in the light blue half of Manchester, but there is a huge chasm between each club, they aren't even comparable. In a way, it's quite enjoyable seeing a club of United's size and stature struggling, it gives their fans a taste of reality after their 'golden years' under Fergie of what the majority of us have to manage with on a weekly basis.

Yes, & the BT commentator was still desperately trying to talk up their performance against Burnley last night & some of their young players. Was put into perspective by Rio's damning criticism after the game - BT immediately cut to an ad break, presumably while the producer told Rio to lighten up!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 10:39 - Jan 23 with 2761 viewsChrisd

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 09:48 - Jan 23 by Radlett_blue

Yes, & the BT commentator was still desperately trying to talk up their performance against Burnley last night & some of their young players. Was put into perspective by Rio's damning criticism after the game - BT immediately cut to an ad break, presumably while the producer told Rio to lighten up!

Wasn't Rio only recently singing Solskjær's praises and giving him his backing? Football can be a cruel mistress.

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 2754 viewsrickw

Their biggest issue is having different managers with different philosophies spending money on players who then don't fit the next manager's system.

For the amount they've spent they've got a very weak squad especially in attacking areas, but then they have defenders like Rojo, Bailly and Dalot not usually getting near the squad despite the club spending something like £75m on the 3 of them.

Pogba clearly wants to leave and the club has to let him while they can still get good money for him. I don't know if Solskjaer is a good manager or not, but I think for the first time since SAF left they do have a long term plan (pacy young players with a British core to the team)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 10:46 - Jan 23 with 2751 viewsPrideOfTheEast

How they can't find and appoint a Director of Football is astonishing but they seem so poorly run and incoherent.

I was never a hater of Utd, in fact I quite like them.
Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 10:46 - Jan 23 with 2751 viewsJ2BLUE

Messi wants Pogba at Barca. If I was at United behind the scenes i'd be pushing for them to offer him to Barca for what United paid. Might be able to shift him while Messi is there and has some influence.

United have spent a fortune and have a very average squad. Hard to see how they build a team when big time players won't want to go there. How many of their players are good enough for their squad? 5-6? They could spend £1bn in the summer and be nowhere near City's squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 11:20 - Jan 23 with 2709 viewsitfcjoe

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 10:46 - Jan 23 by PrideOfTheEast

How they can't find and appoint a Director of Football is astonishing but they seem so poorly run and incoherent.

I was never a hater of Utd, in fact I quite like them.

Woodward is a money man, who did the impossible deal for the Glazers which has made them, and continues to make them a fortune.

But with the money they have, there is no excuse to be this bad - they spend millions on rubbish when 1% of that would be able to set them up a department with a DoF that would improve them straight away.

The Alexis deal is insane, they are still paying him £175k a week to not play for them

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 2647 viewsKieran_Knows

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:18 - Jan 22 by Chrisd

Didn't he make something like £19m from Pogba's move to United?

Good work if you can get it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:36 - Jan 23 with 2636 viewsBent_double

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:40 - Jan 23 by Chrisd

This is how football should be: Manure were the dominant force in the nineties/noughties, during which time they rubbed everyones noses in it, now they're suffering as other teams have taken their place.

Same was probably true about Liverpool in the eighties, and it's taken them 30 years to get back to where they want to be.

We had our glory days in the early sixties and then late seventies/early eighties and moderate success at the start of the century, so in terms of cycles I reckon we must be due a few good seasons soon.

Interestingly, having just checked on Wiki re PL champions, I noticed that 'Sunderland, Palace and Noj' are the most relegated teams from the PL with 4 relegations, something for them to add to their honours board next season as the become the most relegated team outright.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:48 - Jan 23 with 2598 viewsJ2BLUE

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:36 - Jan 23 by Bent_double

This is how football should be: Manure were the dominant force in the nineties/noughties, during which time they rubbed everyones noses in it, now they're suffering as other teams have taken their place.

Same was probably true about Liverpool in the eighties, and it's taken them 30 years to get back to where they want to be.

We had our glory days in the early sixties and then late seventies/early eighties and moderate success at the start of the century, so in terms of cycles I reckon we must be due a few good seasons soon.

Interestingly, having just checked on Wiki re PL champions, I noticed that 'Sunderland, Palace and Noj' are the most relegated teams from the PL with 4 relegations, something for them to add to their honours board next season as the become the most relegated team outright.

And the most promoted as well then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:51 - Jan 23 with 2587 viewsitfcjoe

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 12:36 - Jan 23 by Bent_double

They've been relegated as many times as we have had seasons in it in total, and the Pl looks a million miles away for us at the moment

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 14:39 - Jan 23 with 2503 viewsNo9

Man U has not been in a good place since their god retired - they have not found it possible to adjust to the norms other clubs have had to exist by for years.
Having an accountant in charge isn't going to help (accountant = definition ' a contraceptive on the pen!s of progress) and will almost certainly make any top manager think twice about going there to be, effectively a No2 walking in the shadow of ' greatness'
Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 16:29 - Jan 23 with 2480 viewsRadlett_blue

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 14:39 - Jan 23 by No9

Man U has not been in a good place since their god retired - they have not found it possible to adjust to the norms other clubs have had to exist by for years.
Having an accountant in charge isn't going to help (accountant = definition ' a contraceptive on the pen!s of progress) and will almost certainly make any top manager think twice about going there to be, effectively a No2 walking in the shadow of ' greatness'

Hmm...they still have a huge wage & transfer budget & no DoF to interfere in the playing side. The only issue is in attracting sufficiently good players to improve the team is harder as they are no longer in the CL, so they've been over-paying for average players or good players who have declined dramatically after signing (Alexis Sanchez).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 2410 viewstextbackup

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:10 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

I honestly rate that James lad they got from Swansea higher than progba

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 05:55 - Jan 24 with 2339 viewsTractorWood

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:09 - Jan 23 by gordon

To be fair, this is quite good banter though:

I've always been highly doubtful of this transfer. Had a good world cup but is essentially a midtable centre back.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 5:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 06:28 - Jan 24 with 2315 viewsEly_Blue

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 05:55 - Jan 24 by TractorWood

I've always been highly doubtful of this transfer. Had a good world cup but is essentially a midtable centre back.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 5:55]

He’s no van Dijk that’s for sure

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 07:27 - Jan 24 with 2279 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wrote a lengthy reply to this but page refreshes and disappeared

To summarise:

- itfcjoe only person talking sense
- Pogba was dominant in Serie A and instrumental in France winning the last World Cup, but one of a long line of players to underperform at Man U in recent years. Would suggest Pogba may not be the problem there
- Even that underperformance is exaggerated. Pogba has been at the top end of the league in terms of assists and key chances created, and was the highest scoring midfielder in the PL last season
- Seems a rather obvious reason some people and areas of the press are keen to attack Pogba, but even usually sensible voices seem to be chiming in here

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 08:22 - Jan 24 with 2251 viewsitfcjoe

Man Utd aren't matching the ambitions of Pogba! on 07:27 - Jan 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wrote a lengthy reply to this but page refreshes and disappeared

To summarise:

- itfcjoe only person talking sense
- Pogba was dominant in Serie A and instrumental in France winning the last World Cup, but one of a long line of players to underperform at Man U in recent years. Would suggest Pogba may not be the problem there
- Even that underperformance is exaggerated. Pogba has been at the top end of the league in terms of assists and key chances created, and was the highest scoring midfielder in the PL last season
- Seems a rather obvious reason some people and areas of the press are keen to attack Pogba, but even usually sensible voices seem to be chiming in here

I think one of the big issues he is a big, black, French speaking central midfielder - and whether you are Abou Diaby, Yaya Toure or Guirane N'Daw, anyone fitting that profile is assumed to be the next Patrick Vieira.

He's a playmaker, an 8 or a 10 - he is at his best carrying the ball forwards from high up the pitch and making things happen there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024