Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls 08:32 - Jan 23 with 1658 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok I have a shameful confession, I am growing to like Ed Balls. His Trumpland series was very good indeed and I am looking forward to the Euroland version.

I have seen no clips or anything but it will be well worth watching. Get on it TWTDers

I suspect the content may surprise some of the ardent Euro Militants (although that isn't definite info as I have only heard a brief review as I was waking up this morn)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 08:42 - Jan 23 with 1627 viewsChurchman

Same for me. I always had him marked down as an idiot and a bore. How wrong I was on both counts. He is very engaging and having read about him is a very clever man too.
Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 08:54 - Jan 23 with 1602 viewsStokieBlue

He seems like a nice chap, he's often in the butcher's buying stuff for his Sunday lunch.

SB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 8:54]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 09:03 - Jan 23 with 1581 viewshype313

My estimations went up when he had a spat with John McDonell on election night, and showed McDonell to be as astute as chemical Ali.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 09:44 - Jan 23 with 1515 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, he seems an engaging and affable guy, as long as he keeps off the subjects of politics & Norwich City FC. The new Michael Portillo?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 1502 viewschicoazul

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 08:42 - Jan 23 by Churchman

Same for me. I always had him marked down as an idiot and a bore. How wrong I was on both counts. He is very engaging and having read about him is a very clever man too.

But.....but.....lads

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 1455 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's surely less surprising than Michael Portillo's conversion to an amiable man of the people - and fashion icon for lurid outfits?

But yes.... unemployed MPs are the new celeb chefs able to take their bonhomie all over the world at other people's expense.... making passably entertaining TV

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 1344 views26_Paz

He's alright. I will be watching his new show tonight.

The Paz Man

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 14:06 - Jan 23 with 1264 viewsipswich78

You can support a politician and dislike them, as much as you can like a politician and not agree with their policies.

Nothing to be shameful about that, he comes across as a decent chap. Much like I always thought Nick Clegg was a decent enough chap, yet didn't necessarily agree with his politics.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Login to get fewer ads

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 1222 viewsLord_Lucan

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 14:06 - Jan 23 by ipswich78

You can support a politician and dislike them, as much as you can like a politician and not agree with their policies.

Nothing to be shameful about that, he comes across as a decent chap. Much like I always thought Nick Clegg was a decent enough chap, yet didn't necessarily agree with his politics.

It was the Norwich thing I was referring to, not his political leaning.

As a man of the people I appreciate all political opinions - apart from the loons.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 22:12 - Jan 23 with 1120 viewsBarcaBlue

I watched it tonight, quite enjoyed it but the last part from Almeria highlights a general feeling here that "Catalonia is not Spain". Thought Ed could have questioned the blackface thing in Holland and the bull fighting in Andalucia, seemed to accept that both being long standing traditions were valid arguments.
Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 22:53 - Jan 23 with 1070 viewsSwansea_Blue

Travels in Euroland with Ed Balls on 08:42 - Jan 23 by Churchman

Having meet various MPs and MEPs in the past, a lot of peole would come to the same opionion about more politicians, if only they knew what they did and who they were as people. Rather than making judgements based on their portrayal in the press and on social media. Not all, but there's a lot more good people in that system than the public realise or give credit to.

I don't want to bring this back to the B word, but I've been most impressed with the MEPs I've met and known. They seem to have a maturity that is lacking in some domestic politicians, presumably grown out of the need for greater collaboration.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024