Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we all going to die? 15:19 - Jan 23 with 5160 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-01-23/four-people-being-tested-in-scotland-for-sus

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Are we all going to die? on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 4511 viewsSteve_M

I don't think there are any cases of human-human transmission yet which would be good news. All of those infected up until a few days ago seem to have contracted this directly from livestock.

It's the mutation that allows human-human transmission that we would really have to be concerned with.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are we all going to die? on 15:22 - Jan 23 with 4503 viewsBlockJJ

Just wait till the 100k Chinese students fly back to the UK after New years... that's when it will really kick in!
Are we all going to die? on 15:22 - Jan 23 with 4502 viewsfactual_blue

At some point, yes.

At my age, sometime in the next 15-20 years probably.

For you younger people it'll either be the nuclear armageddon of 2038, or the Great Global War for Water of 2045. (Spoiler Alert - China and its African allies win).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are we all going to die? on 15:28 - Jan 23 with 4469 viewsStokieBlue

Are we all going to die? on 15:21 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

I don't think there are any cases of human-human transmission yet which would be good news. All of those infected up until a few days ago seem to have contracted this directly from livestock.

It's the mutation that allows human-human transmission that we would really have to be concerned with.

China announced confirmed human-to-human transmission about 4 days ago.

It's also an RNA virus which unfortunately mutate a lot quicker than DNA viruses.

China do seem to be doing something about it but it might already be too late to stop it spreading and the official numbers of infections are highly doubtful according to some western experts.

I guess the only saving grace is the mortality rate isn't too high at the moment which gives them time to work on a vaccine.

SB

Edit: Link for confirmation - just the first one that came up:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/human-human-transmission-confirmed-china-coro
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 15:30]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are we all going to die? on 15:47 - Jan 23 with 4405 viewssmithy91

Are we all going to die? on 15:22 - Jan 23 by BlockJJ

Just wait till the 100k Chinese students fly back to the UK after New years... that's when it will really kick in!

That's exactly my concern...
Are we all going to die? on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 4399 viewsgiant_stow

Always the scots causing trouble innit.pain in the arse.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are we all going to die? on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 4390 viewsSteve_M

Are we all going to die? on 15:28 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

China announced confirmed human-to-human transmission about 4 days ago.

It's also an RNA virus which unfortunately mutate a lot quicker than DNA viruses.

China do seem to be doing something about it but it might already be too late to stop it spreading and the official numbers of infections are highly doubtful according to some western experts.

I guess the only saving grace is the mortality rate isn't too high at the moment which gives them time to work on a vaccine.

SB

Edit: Link for confirmation - just the first one that came up:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/human-human-transmission-confirmed-china-coro
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 15:30]

Ah, missed that bit. Bug ger.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are we all going to die? on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 4369 viewsLord_Lucan

Are we all going to die? on 15:49 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

Always the scots causing trouble innit.pain in the arse.

It will turn out they just have alcohol poisoning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Are we all going to die? on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 4247 viewsmidastouch

Don't panic folks, I'm sure Matt Hancock has every eventuality covered. It's comforting to think he's the man that will be responsible for containing the outbreak if it starts to do the rounds here in Old Blighty - YIKES!!!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Are we all going to die? on 00:08 - Jan 24 with 4080 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Are we all going to die? on 15:21 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

What kind of livestock?

Bats?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Are we all going to die? on 01:07 - Jan 24 with 4051 viewsstonojnr

just remember on average 5 people die in car crashes per day on the UK roads every day, so thats 120 people who have already died this year in the UK, thats roughly 100 more (as the numbers keep changing) people than have died from the corona virus worldwide this year

so remember that next time you get behind the wheel of a car
Are we all going to die? on 01:12 - Jan 24 with 4045 viewscatch74

Are we all going to die? on 15:22 - Jan 23 by factual_blue

At some point, yes.

At my age, sometime in the next 15-20 years probably.

For you younger people it'll either be the nuclear armageddon of 2038, or the Great Global War for Water of 2045. (Spoiler Alert - China and its African allies win).

If you last the 20 years you’ll have to survive 2038! I reckon then you might as well hang on to see your 3rd global war!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Are we all going to die? on 06:49 - Jan 24 with 3978 viewsLeaky

Yes eventually
Are we all going to die? on 07:32 - Jan 24 with 3911 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes we are all going to die eventually. But the hysteria generated by this is based on what it MIGHT turn into not what it is.

For a bit of perspective, flu kills 12,000 people in this country every year and nobody is overly concerned about that stark reality/

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Are we all going to die? on 11:32 - Jan 24 with 3806 viewsParky

Are we all going to die? on 00:08 - Jan 24 by The_Last_Baron

What kind of livestock?

Bats?

I read somewhere that it was snakes.
Are we all going to die? on 11:34 - Jan 24 with 3797 viewsartsbossbeard

*zips up Haz-Mat suit and stockpiles Toblerone*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Are we all going to die? on 11:56 - Jan 24 with 3766 viewsGaryCooper

All the middle class Brexit preppers have cornered the market in Quinoa and flax seeds, what the hell are us proles going to do?
Are we all going to die? on 13:23 - Jan 24 with 3719 viewsWeWereZombies

What I don't understand is that I haven't seen any Corona for sale anywhere since the late sixties - how is this thing spreading?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Are we all going to die? on 23:52 - Jan 26 with 3526 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Are we all going to die? on 00:08 - Jan 24 by The_Last_Baron

What kind of livestock?

Bats?

I'm flying back to the UK on Wednesday and aren't looking forward to it one bit. Bangkok airport is normally rammed with Chinese tourists so I'm going to take precautions and wear a mask.
Are we all going to die? on 02:21 - Jan 27 with 3453 viewsjeera

Are we all going to die? on 23:52 - Jan 26 by THAILAND_BLUE

I'm flying back to the UK on Wednesday and aren't looking forward to it one bit. Bangkok airport is normally rammed with Chinese tourists so I'm going to take precautions and wear a mask.

Best wishes chap.

Keep washing your hands, and invest in a large bottle of antibacterial cleanser for the times you can't.

Be obsessive if you have to.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are we all going to die? on 06:26 - Jan 27 with 3385 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Are we all going to die? on 02:21 - Jan 27 by jeera

Best wishes chap.

Keep washing your hands, and invest in a large bottle of antibacterial cleanser for the times you can't.

Be obsessive if you have to.

Thanks, Jeera.
Are we all going to die? on 08:45 - Jan 27 with 3301 viewsWeWereZombies

Are we all going to die? on 23:52 - Jan 26 by THAILAND_BLUE

And I am flying out of ÅŒsaka on Thursday, but I won't be wearing a face mask because I am fed up with the sight of them. People have to take them off to eat and that is when you are probably closest to others so immediately the efficacy must be reduced by half at least.

Are we all going to die? on 08:50 - Jan 27 with 3291 viewsStokieBlue

Are we all going to die? on 08:45 - Jan 27 by WeWereZombies

And I am flying out of ÅŒsaka on Thursday, but I won't be wearing a face mask because I am fed up with the sight of them. People have to take them off to eat and that is when you are probably closest to others so immediately the efficacy must be reduced by half at least.

There are studies suggesting they aren't that effective anyway. Still better than nothing though.

Have a great trip.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are we all going to die? on 08:53 - Jan 27 with 3281 viewsOldsmoker

Are we all going to die? on 07:32 - Jan 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Yes we are all going to die eventually. But the hysteria generated by this is based on what it MIGHT turn into not what it is.

For a bit of perspective, flu kills 12,000 people in this country every year and nobody is overly concerned about that stark reality/

I'm sure if we want perspective we only have to look at the front pages of the Daily Fail and the Express.
Tone it down 3 notches and that's probably the risk level.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Are we all going to die? on 08:54 - Jan 27 with 3277 viewsWeWereZombies

Are we all going to die? on 08:50 - Jan 27 by StokieBlue

There are studies suggesting they aren't that effective anyway. Still better than nothing though.

Have a great trip.

SB

Thanks, to be honest I won't mind being put into quarantine at Heathrow just so long as I do not have to wear separate slippers (or any slippers) for corridors, rooms and toilets...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024